Time for Jimmy G?

Philc1

4 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Even if that were true(which I'm skeptical of), his complete inability to stay healthy negates all of that.

True. But I’d rather spend a middle round pick on an injury prone qb than the number 2 pick overall in the draft

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The niners are taking lance and he needs to sit awhile.

They have to keep garrappolo for one more year.

Yeah, there is almost 0% chance the 49ers roll with a rookie next year at QB1(especially if that rookie is Lance).

Garoppolo stinks but they did go to the SB with essentially the same roster when everyone was healthy two years ago. Run it back one more time and let the kid sit and learn the system makes the most sense.

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Held back?  They were up by 10 in the second half and Shanahan decided to not run the clock out

Shanahan also did that as offensive coordinator for Falcons in Super Bowl against the Pats. Can’t totally place blame loss on Jimmy G just as you can’t blame Falcons loss totally on Marty Ice. Jimmy G better than Sam at this time. 

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

The trick is to actually PLAY in the games. Being on IR is NO HELP to your team. 

Thai. As we all know Sam has been unable to play in a  number of games for a myriad of reasons as well as Garrapolo so my question is all things being equal and projecting that both Sam and Jimmy G stay injury free which QB would you rather have leading the team. Me I take Jimmy although he is not in the elite class of QBs my opinion is he is an above average QB and has proven he can play winning football in the system that will be employed by new coaching staff who is better than Sam and would be a upgrade.