So, Its Going to be Wilson at #2. Where is Sam going and for what price?

14 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Actually we’ve haven’t been here before. Sam is the highest pick we’ve ever used on a QB at 3. And Wilson will be the best QB prospect we’ve ever drafted. You can’t compare Wilson to the Gene Smith and Christian Hackenbergs of the world 

We picked Mark Sanchez #5 overall. I think that falls into the ball park. If we move on from Darnold, that’s 2 QB bust in the top 5.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

I don't know who to believe man. I have screen shots of texts from the team president basically admitting that they want to wait the Watson situation out. Then when asked "who you guys taking?" and he said: 

Pitts
Or Farley

Next question: "no QB?" 
Answer: 

Maybe Fields 

Putting all the trades that happened today together with this possible smoke: 

Fields is the guy that is going to drop this year? Like theres a chance he is QB 5 this year? Bc its looking like the draft is starting with 3 QB's and Atlanta could easily trade down for whoever wants QB4. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers cave in talks with the Jets. There are some teams in the teens that may try to move up before them to grab a QB. Who knows what will happen with Watson. Theres a chance the most desperate team in the NFL at QB is in no man's land at 8. 

I feel like the trades today put so much pressure on them(Panthers)

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

If PItts is still on the board to me that would be a no brainer, otherwise I like Slater.  Parsons would be intriguing but we really need to give this kid weapons/protection.  I like Chase and Smith but I think Coles, Davis, Mims and Crowder is a more than adequate WR group.  Add Pitts as TE/WR and now we are talking!  Do it Tanny!! 

Cole, Crowder and Davis may not be long-term main stays. They are only at 1-2 year contracts. If you believe Chase/Smith can be a WR1 for a decade, you draft them.

• Upvote 2

Wilson is clearly the pick now...the question is did JD blow it by not making this decision earlier and it killed Darnolds trade value?  Still a few teams that might be interested in trading for him like the Panthers or Broncos but I don't see how his value went up over the past 3 months....maybe a trade with Chicago and eating Foles contract could get us 20.

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

The story goes on to say ...

Left unsaid is whether the 49ers tried to initiate talks with the Jets that didn’t progress beyond that inquiry. If that’s the case, it would reinforce the idea that the Jets are taking a quarterback with that pick.

I think it’s likely that San Francisco called Robert Saleh who just left there and was allowed to take a lot of their assistants and said “Robert can you do us a solid and give us an idea if the pick is available and if not who are you leaning towards” and Saleh told them it’s likely going to be Wilson so they went to 3 knowing this.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, RogerVick1980 said:

We’ve been bad drafting everywhere  historically so should we just stop drafting overall?

You keep drafting a QB till you get it right.

Can’t let past failures from past regimes stop you.. it means nothing to Douglas and co.

Bingo. 

• Upvote 1

We’ve been bad drafting everywhere  historically so should we just stop drafting overall?

No.

You keep drafting a QB till you get it right.

If it's the right QB.

I don't think Wilson is.  I think he's all hype, an undersized, small school, played-nobody hype-monster.

He's going to fall flat on his face in New York.

Can’t let past failures from past regimes stop you.. it means nothing to Douglas and co.

I agree.  But you should still learn from past mistakes, even if you didn't make them.

Ultimately, we'll see.  Somehow I doubt all the hype-heads for Wilson will admit how wrong they are if he fails, just like 99% of the hype-heads for Sam now pretend they never really liked him all along.  Same old same old.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, football guy said:

I don't know about Sewell definitely being gone. I think there's a strong chance he is gone, but if Cincinnati passes on him he can fall a little. The NFL isn't as enamored with him as draftniks are either

Yup was listening to a show today and the panel all had Rashawn Slater rated higher

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

This......or (although I doubt it at this point) they are holding on to #2 while waiting to see what happens with Watson for a final push for him.

Interesting take. Conceivably Houston is losing leverage by the day trading Watson. If Houston would trade Watson to Jets for 1.2 & a ‘22 conditional #1 based on whether he is placed on commissioner’s exempt list? We could then roll with Sam if this is the case

Or we roll with Wilson 

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No.

If it's the right QB.

I don't think Wilson is.  I think he's all hype, an undersized, small school, played-nobody hype-monster.

I agree.  But you should still learn from past mistakes, even if you didn't make them.

Ultimately, we'll see.  Somehow I doubt all the hype-heads for Wilson will admit how wrong they are if he fails, just like 99% of the hype-heads for Sam now pretend they never really liked him all along.  Same old same old.

You’re just a hater. Manziel was all hype. Wilson is oozing with rare talent which is obvious with anyone with eyes. 

3 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

The QB musical chairs are almost coming to a stop.

Can we still get a 2 for Sam?  What teams may still be in the running?

Still think the Saints and Broncos are possibilities.

As the seats run out so do the options for teams that need a qb. Our options become more limited, but so do theirs.

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sam goes nowhere. If SF can run with Garropolo and Lance, we can run with Darnold and Wilson.  

No need to rush the kid, and Sam will be a quality backup.  Wilson is an Alpha and Darnold is a sissy so they’ll get along fine, no controversy. 

SAR I

no truer words have ever been said

4 hours ago, football guy said:

If the Jets are taking Zach Wilson, look out a Sam Darnold, #23, and #86 for #9 swap

I would love that. Can get an elite lineman or playmaker for Zach. If we stay at 23 I think the top value will be CB and LB so sort of a no man's land for the Jets.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yup was listening to a show today and the panel all had Rashawn Slater rated higher

I read something yesterday saying there have been “maturity” concerns with Sewell. Also heard Tony Pauline say in his podcast last week that some scouts have concerns about his motor. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Sam goes nowhere. If SF can run with Garropolo and Lance, we can run with Darnold and Wilson.  

No need to rush the kid, and Sam will be a quality backup.  Wilson is an Alpha and Darnold is a sissy so they’ll get along fine, no controversy. 

SAR I

The content we deserve and it's 100% correct.  An Alpha at QB would be a welcome change and the reduced influence of the NY media will temper any concerns an Alpha may have posed 10-20 years ago.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

We may not gain a pick in a Darnold trade.

It could be Sam & #23 to move up to the top 1/2 of the 1st round.

It could be Sam & #34 to move into the low 1st round

Sam and the #66 to get into the 30's (early part of Round 2) would be great IMO.  Tons of starting caliber prospects up there at OL and CB.  Falcons at 35, Panthers at 39, etc.    That would give the Jets say the #2, #23, #34, #35.  QB, CB, OL, WR.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You want JD to saddle his rookie HC with a QB controversy right out of the starting gate? OK. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

No.

If it's the right QB.

I don't think Wilson is.  

That’s fair, but none of us really know about any of these QBs at the next level. When  people on here say that is a one QB draft, they are guessing just as much as the folks who think Wilson is Aaron Rodgers. It’s all guesswork. 

But there is a lot of evidence that our current QB isn’t the longterm answer, and unlike last time, we don’t have to trade away a bunch of assets to take a shot on another QB prospect. It makes sense to swing for the fences here. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

No.

If it's the right QB.

The small school thing doesn’t bother me look at Josh Allen

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

I read something yesterday saying there have been “maturity” concerns with Sewell. Also heard Tony Pauline say in his podcast last week that some scouts have concerns about his motor. 

Same here, heard that everyone has soured on him quickly.

Somewhere bitonti is outraged

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

don't think Wilson is.  I think he's all hype, an undersized, small school, played-nobody hype-monster.

Every highly rated QB is hyped.  People also had said the same about Lawrence.  Well the haters did

Now for facts.  Hes not undersized.  hes not 6-4 to 6-5.  Neither was Brees, hes going to the HOF.  Neither is Wilson and he will be in the HOF.  Mahomes, Rodgers, Murray, Mayfield, the list goes on and on.  6-2 and change is more than enough.  It was fine for Favre and Namath

You watch him play, you watch his throws.  Has nothing to do with the size of his school.  Just like it didnt for Mahomes.  Sometimes you have to trust your eyes.  Yes even his pro day throwing darts all over the field, it just cemented what everyone saw at BYU, he makes throws others cant

3 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

I like how he starts screaming at the camera.

And they commented on Wilson and his upper body torque while throwing at his pro day.   Also how he doesnt need to have his feet set or on the ground to get velocity on the ball

3 hours ago, GreenFish said:

We picked Mark Sanchez #5 overall. I think that falls into the ball park. If we move on from Darnold, that’s 2 QB bust in the top 5.

Sanchez was way less talented though, not only physically but even when it came to understand the game.

The amount of checkdowns when he had 2 hall of fame OL and several pro-bowlers demonstrates how much of an inept Qb he was.