So, Its Going to be Wilson at #2. Where is Sam going and for what price?

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Dead last and praying the NEXT QB is the REAL Savior?

Yeah, we've been here before.  This is just another reset, like all the many resets (and homer hype) before them.

We'll see if this one is different that the last bunch.

Yup.

Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, and Sam Darnold all say hello

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yeah, we've been here before.  This is just another reset, like all the many resets (and homer hype) before them.

nope we haven't, when were we in this position?

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I know we need that and it would be huge to get potentially the top on the board. 

But dammit I want more offense. 

If the top 4 picks were QB we will certainly have some great options.  I do like that trade scenario in any case.

Just now, football guy said:

I know Jets are infatuated with Pitts but not sure he'd make it down to them. But what's clear is that they realize this draft is a recipe for draft mistakes due to the weird season. Like last year all that was disrupted were the pro-days, this year scouts couldn't get the interaction they were used to having, the player's were all F'd up due to the pandemic, no combine... it all plays into it. The drop-off from the top 8 or so players is steep, and I think the Jets want to position themselves to come away with a top 5 non-QB prospect one way or another. 

When subtracting the QBs, here's what we're looking at as the guys who in my mind very clearly separate themselves from the rest of the class (in no particular order):  

• TE Kyle Pitts
  • OT Penei Sewell
  • OT Rashawn Slater 
  • OL Alijah Vera-Tucker 
  • WR JaMarr Chase 
  • WR Jaylen Waddle 
  • LB Micah Parsons 
  • CB Patrick Surtain II
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We should stop trying to find a QB because the other ones didn’t work out 

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

That’s be a sweet deal. And looking at who with #9? 

Start with who will be gone.

Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Sewell, Chase, Pitts.  Definitely gone.

Next few guys include Lance, Slater, Smith, Waddle, Parsons, Surtain.

Of those, one of Slater, Smith and Waddle will be there.  I'm not sure I love the WRs but I could find a way to be happy with either.  But my personal guess is we wait until the pick and only do it if Slater is there because that's the cheat-mode move IMO.

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Start with who will be gone.

Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Sewell, Chase, Pitts.  Definitely gone.

Next few guys include Lance, Slater, Smith, Waddle, Parsons, Surtain.

Of those, one of Slater, Smith and Waddle will be there.  I'm not sure I love the WRs but I could find a way to be happy with either.  But my personal guess is we wait until the pick and only do it if Slater is there because that's the cheat-mode move IMO.

Daniel Jeremiah was speculating that SF likely traded to 3 for Trey Lance (more likely) or Mac Jones, whom they've already scouted at pro days. Ohio State and Fields haven't had their day yet. Interesting tidbit. 

45 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

With today's trade SF is out.  The Bears signed Dalton, WFT signed Fitzpatrick, Indy traded for Wentz.  The QB musical chairs are almost coming to a stop.

Can we still get a 2 for Sam?  What teams may still be in the running?

Still think the Saints and Broncos are possibilities.

@BroadwayRay

btw it’s thread titles like this guy’s that keep breathing life life in pushing back.

11 minutes ago, slats said:

Nothing’s really changed for the Jets. They’re still completing their QB prospect evals, and never wanted to trade out of the top 10, so weren’t listening to offers for the pick from a team sitting at #12. The Jets may’ve lost a potential trade partner for Darnold, but Carolina just lost a potential trade partner in Miami to move up, and another team definitely taking a QB just moved ahead of them. Trading the pick is definitely still in play and -thanks to Miami’s trade- the price has probably gone up. 

Agreed. But what has changed is that there is now a real comp to work off of. If you thought the Wentz deal was the price for #2 think again; going to take 3 first-round picks and 1 second-round pick at least

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Agreed. But what has changed is that there is now a real comp to work off of. If you thought the Wentz deal was the price for #2 think again; going to take 3 first-round picks and 1 second-round pick at least

Yup, and now does Carolina pony up or fail on the QB front this year, drawing their owner’s wrath? 

27 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Daniel Jeremiah was speculating that SF likely traded to 3 for Trey Lance (more likely) or Mac Jones, whom they've already scouted at pro days. Ohio State and Fields haven't had their day yet. Interesting tidbit. 

If I squint hard, I can see taking Wilson over Fields.  Barely.  But taking Lance or Jones over Fields?  That just sounds about as dumbass as you can get.

17 minutes ago, football guy said:

Or maybe just one Deshaun Watson.  Talk about going all in and rolling the dice...

I just don’t understand our philosophy.  we let all the quarterback chips fall and never traded Sam. which leads me to believe that he’s our QB next year and the Jets will trade back.  I don’t agree with it but why would we screw ourselves like this? Just so we can watch the BS Pro Days? Plenty of film on them. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, slats said:

Yup, and now does Carolina pony up or fail on the QB front this year, drawing their owner’s wrath? 

I don't know who to believe man. I have screen shots of texts from the team president basically admitting that they want to wait the Watson situation out. Then when asked "who you guys taking?" and he said: 

Pitts
Or Farley

Next question: "no QB?" 
Answer: 

Maybe Fields 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Is that board dependent, though?

If Pitts, Waddle, Chase, Sewell are all off the board - do we still move there?

No I honestly think they would just look to get back in the top 10 of round one. 
I wouldn't rule it past the Jets to get back up to #9 and try to move up again for Pitts if he were in striking distance. Everything I've heard is that they really love him

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

No I honestly think they would just look to get back in the top 10 of round one. 
I wouldn't rule it past the Jets to get back up to #9 and try to move up again for Pitts if he were in striking distance. Everything I've heard is that they really love him

Interesting. I imagine a lot would depend on cost on both sides of that. We'll see.