So, Its Going to be Wilson at #2. Where is Sam going and for what price?

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

Think that settles that the Jets are all in on Wilson 

This......or (although I doubt it at this point) they are holding on to #2 while waiting to see what happens with Watson for a final push for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the Jets are taking Zach Wilson, look out a Sam Darnold, #23, and #86 for #9 swap

Miami sends 3 1st round picks and a second to Seattle for Russ Wilson Seattle sends the second to the Jets for Sam Darnold ...I'm only pushing this because I want Jamal to be sad and I'd rat

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

The story goes on to say ...

Left unsaid is whether the 49ers tried to initiate talks with the Jets that didn’t progress beyond that inquiry. If that’s the case, it would reinforce the idea that the Jets are taking a quarterback with that pick.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I predicted Sam and Wilson are on the opening day roster and I still believe that. Sam will increase his value with better coaching

Shanahan basically took a dump on Sam today.   He's value dropped substantially.  Shanahan basically was willing to give up the farm for either Lance, Fields or Jones.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

So the 49ers didn’t even call the Jets? Or the Jets just told them up front that they have no desire to move all the way down to #12? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
8 minutes ago, football guy said:

No I honestly think they would just look to get back in the top 10 of round one. 
I wouldn't rule it past the Jets to get back up to #9 and try to move up again for Pitts if he were in striking distance. Everything I've heard is that they really love him

Sounds like Pitts (or Chase) are going at #6.  I really hate HOU.

Slide down to #4 for a 2021 2nd and 2022 1st and 3rd.  Draft Pitts.  Hear the lamentation of the Fish fans.  

Not really, but a man can dream.

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, slats said:

So the 49ers didn’t even call the Jets? Or the Jets just told them up front that they have no desire to move all the way down to #12? 

This.....or 2 other scenarios:

1) Jets wanted to wait until after seeing the other QBs' pro days.

2) Jets want to keep that bullet in the gun in case there's a chance they can pry Watson from Houston given what is going on (and they have intel that the accusations are bogus).

• Post of the Week 1
15 minutes ago, Jack Necroto said:

With SF trade Sam's trade value goes up. 

Why?

One less team that was speculated to be interested in him.  Also, possibly puts Garopollo in play.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Why?

One less team that was speculated to be interested in him.  Also, possibly puts Garopollo in play.

The other side of the argument is that it means three of the top four QBs are going 1-2-3 in the draft. The only tradeup opportunity left for a QB-needy team is Atlanta. I highly doubt Atlanta is going to trade with division rival Carolina. That by itself could make Darnold more valuable.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Get what you can from Denver.

through all this, douglas has to know that the longer he held onto darnold, the fewer landing spots there would be, and also that could hurt negotiating.  yet you also have to hope that douglas always had an ace in the hole here for darnold, a near sure-fire landing spot if he held onto darnold through the first week of april.  at this point, it seems that denver and/or carolina are the last resorts.

29 minutes ago, slats said:

Makes zero sense that they would not make the same offer to the Jets

5 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Makes zero sense that they would not make the same offer to the Jets

It does if the Jets told them up front that they would not move all the way down to 12. Kind of a non-starter at that point, no? 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Dead last and praying the NEXT QB is the REAL Savior?

Yeah, we've been here before.  This is just another reset, like all the many resets (and homer hype) before them.

We'll see if this one is different that the last bunch.

Actually we’ve haven’t been here before. Sam is the highest pick we’ve ever used on a QB at 3. And Wilson will be the best QB prospect we’ve ever drafted. You can’t compare Wilson to the Gene Smith and Christian Hackenbergs of the world 

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Actually we’ve haven’t been here before. Sam is the highest pick we’ve ever used on a QB at 3. And Wilson will be the best QB prospect we’ve ever drafted. You can’t compare Wilson to the Gene Smith and Christian Hackenbergs of the world 

Actually we’ve haven’t been here before. Mark is the highest pick we’ve ever used on a QB at 5. And Sam will be the best QB prospect we’ve ever drafted. You can’t compare Sam to the Mark Sanchez's of the world.

Heard it all before.......literally just a few years ago.  

P.S. Joe Namath was a #1/#1 overall pick, so Sam wasn't the highest ever.  Just sayin'.

Since I believe it's now a done-deal, I 100% hope you're right.  Otherwise it's going to a unhappy next three years.  He better be what all the hype claims.  Because I need to see it to believe it.  Show me, don't tell me.  The tell me crowd has been dead wrong for a loooong time now.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I would do this in a heart beat. You'd get your choice of a skill player like Chase, Smith or Pitts. Or a tackle like Slater. Or a LB like Parsons. But I'd prefer a WR/TE. 

Who do you think they'd target at 9 in this case? 

If PItts is still on the board to me that would be a no brainer, otherwise I like Slater.  Parsons would be intriguing but we really need to give this kid weapons/protection.  I like Chase and Smith but I think Coles, Davis, Mims and Crowder is a more than adequate WR group.  Add Pitts as TE/WR and now we are talking!  Do it Tanny!!