So, Its Going to be Wilson at #2. Where is Sam going and for what price?

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

At this stage of the roster build that's a really good question.

Having seen what we've done to young QBs on this team makes it even tougher.  Part of me says use the 23 and something else to move up and get a guy like Rashawn Slater or Vera-Tucker to help solidify the line as priority 1.  But I also think with so many needs on this team we could still do well moving down from 23 to somewhere in the mid-30's, get a solid RT prospect and a WR.

Tough call.

dont short the defense.

a good defense can help the QB, maybe if where not playing from behind too much it will keep the QB from having to pass it more than normal.

i dont think he touches WR. he signed 2 in FA. i figure they will be WR3 and WR4.

i think he goes OL, then either LB or CB. 

im afraid if we use all the early pics on offense and neglect the defense were going to give up 35 points a game. and that's going to put the QB in dangerous situations of having to pass way to much.

Salehs good, but he needs some help on that defense. we cant wait to the 3rd rd to pick defense.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why is it too late to trade Darnold?  Douglas is doing his due diligence on the QB prospects, as he should.  That's a pretty big reason why he's taking his time on trading Darnold.  I want Darnold out of here as much or more as the next guy, but I at least can understand why Douglas is waiting until closer to draft day to pull the trigger on a trade.

It’s not too late to trade him but when you let most of the quarterback chips fall in an off-season, you’ve severely hurt your leverage. I’m just saying we should’ve done it earlier in the off-season we probably would’ve gotten a better pick. And for Douglas to say he wanted to see all the QBs throw at their pro day is just bullsh*t. Pro Days are complete BS.  if you really want to evaluate a quarterback just watch a years worth of film. Jamarcus Russell had an amazing pro day. 

3 hours ago, doitny said:

you dont see the differance?

Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith, who was pretty good back then. they won 54 games in 5 year with him.

Brady sat behind Bledsoe, another good QB at the time, plus Brady was a 6th rd pick. nobody was putting pressure on NE to finally start a 6th rd pick

Rodgers sat behind Farve. i need not say any more about that

you want Wilson the 2nd pick in the entire draft to sit, a year no less behind Sucky Sam Darnold.. 

BIG difference.

you dont sit unless you have a really good QB in front of you. thats not Sam. if Wilson doesnt start day 1 he will start by week 3. you know that.

Ummmm I said the same exact thing for Sanchez and yes Darnold how did those situations workout?

This maybe the first time because the Jets have a responsible Organizational Structure for once that I am not as worried if the Jets draft and start Wilson, but you don’t start someone who isn’t ready and for whom you have no developmental plan for just because you don’t have a tier two QB in place. 

• Upvote 1

Couple things here.

1. Regarding Denver as a possible destination for Darnold.  You can cross that one out.  They already have Drew Lock who they want to see if he can be the man or not.  If they traded for Darnold, they'd have to play him to see if HE could be the man or not because you'd need to decide if you are exercising the 5th year option or not.  Denvers coachign staff has been given a "win or your fired" ultimatum.  They are stuck rolling with Lock.  If they wanted to bring in a vet to unseat Lock...they'd have done so....and if they were going to draft a guy in round 1, they wouldn't have kept the coaching staff around and told them to win now.  Denver will sign a very low level vet to back up Lock and that's it.  They aren't in the QB market until next year.

2.  The Jet's are taking Wilson.  Most of you know that by now.  If they weren't intending to do so, then SF would have traded with you guys instead of Miami.  

3. SF came up to 3 for Lance.  

4.  Darnold will still be a Jet on opening day.....and the Jets won't pick up his 5th year option...he'll depart New York with the Jets recieveing ultimately nothing in compensation.  

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sam goes nowhere. If SF can run with Garropolo and Lance, we can run with Darnold and Wilson.  

No need to rush the kid, and Sam will be a quality backup.  Wilson is an Alpha and Darnold is a sissy so they’ll get along fine, no controversy. 

SAR I

Keep him as potential trade bait. It is guranteed that a qb goes down and a team is looking for a qb

I waver on the potential swop 'Darnold+23+86 for 9' option. It's enticing but who's our realistic best case option at 9? For me, it's probably Slater.

Who I love, but just playing around with the Simulator option and pressing Automatic. We could have had the following options if we got Denver's number 40 instead and kept our original picks:

1. Teven Jenkins (23), Landon Dickerson (40), Eric Stokes (86)

2. Christian Darrishaw (23), Jabril Cox (40), Tre Brown (86)

3. Jayson Oweh (23), Dillon Radunz (40), Jaelon Darden (86)

For me, I'd take any of the above hauls in lieu of number 9. Now I doubt Denver would offer #40 straight up for Darnold, we'd probably have to kick in a fourth or fifth rounder maybe, but I'd take that route.