Hot Take - The Dolphins are drafting a QB #6

Calling it now. The phins are drafting either Trey Lance or Mac Jones at #6 and they REALLY like whoever it is. They have no faith in Tua. They pulled him out of the game in some of the biggest moments of the season. He absolutely won't be the QB next season. They're ready to compete and Tua is holding them back. 

I'm guessing they have an open QB battle in camp. The new kid smokes Tua and they ship him for a Rosen-type return (2nd or 3rd rounder). My guess is Mac Jones. He's pretty much guaranteed to be there at #6, while Trey could go at #4 to the Falcons. If they liked Trey they needed to stay at #3

9 minutes ago, GodDamnSnack said:

Calling it now. The phins are drafting either Trey Lance or Mac Jones at #6 and they REALLY like whoever it is. They have no faith in Tua. They pulled him out of the game in some of the biggest moments of the season. He absolutely won't be the QB next season. They're ready to compete and Tua is holding them back. 

I'm guessing they have an open QB battle in camp. The new kid smokes Tua and they ship him for a Rosen-type return (2nd or 3rd rounder). My guess is Mac Jones. He's pretty much guaranteed to be there at #6, while Trey could go at #4 to the Falcons. If they liked Trey they needed to stay at #3

If it keeps the Pats from getting either one I’ll eat to that. 

• Upvote 3

That would make absolutely zero sense.

They traded out of the QB zone. If they like a guy they wouldn’t risk giving 5 teams a chance to get him, 4 of whom desperately need a QB.

They’re going for Pitts/Chase/Smith. They probably have nothing between two of them and would be delighted with either. They got a probable elite NFL talent and added a first round pick to boot. **** Houston.

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

That would make absolutely zero sense.

They traded out of the QB zone. If they like a guy they wouldn’t risk giving 5 teams a chance to get him, 4 of whom desperately need a QB.

They’re going for Pitts/Chase/Smith. They probably have nothing between two of them and would be delighted with either. They got a probable elite NFL talent and added a first round pick to boot. **** Houston.

Lamar Jackson?

If they really liked Lance or Jones, trading out of 3 makes no sense. They have to be POSITIVE the niners and Falcons don't like Lance or Jones. Thats a huge risk. Both teams could take QBs. Seems more likely that they are happy with Tua but want a top tier WR and realized with the QB frenzy at the top of the draft and Cincy all but certain to take Sewell, they can move down to #6 and still get the top WR in Chase, Waddle, Smith or even Pitts. 

Just because they pulled a rookie in a game where he looked overwhelmed doesn't mean they lost all faith in him and have any intention of giving up on him.   

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

If they really liked Lance or Jones, trading out of 3 makes no sense. They have to be POSITIVE the niners and Falcons don't like Lance or Jones. Thats a huge risk. Both teams could take QBs. Seems more likely that they are happy with Tua but want a top tier WR and realized with the QB frenzy at the top of the draft and Cincy all but certain to take Sewell, they can move down to #6 and still get the top WR in Chase, Waddle, Smith or even Pitts. 

Just because they pulled a rookie in a game where he looked overwhelmed doesn't mean they lost all faith in him and have any intention of giving up on him.   

Your point totally makes sense. Mine is definitely a hot take. 

With respect to Tua, I think you don't do that a kid you're trying to build up. You let him fail and learn from the mistake or maybe even succeed. But you don't deprive him of the opportunity altogether if he's the future.

Makes no sense. But at 6 assuming that Cinci does not trade out for a 5th QB in a row, Miami will have their choice of any non QB other than Sewell. Pretty strong place to be.

I mean you can almost ink in the first 5 spots now:

1. Lawrence

2. Wilson

3.  Lance or jones

4. Lance or Fields

5. Sewell or trade down so someone can pick the last of the Top 5

It's a very savvy move. In the end they likely get the same player they would take at 3.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If it keeps the Pats from getting either one I’ll eat to that. 

Or thet let BB trade up to 6 for Mac Jones and get an additional 12 top 3 round draft picks spread out over 2 years. Miami will be loaded. Then trade for DW next year

2 hours ago, GodDamnSnack said:

The Dolphins are more likely drafting a WR.  You do not draft out of #3 to #6 for a QB when there is a very realistic probability of 4 QBs going in the first 5 picks.