Another Zach Wilson Thread: Good Read from Peter King

4 hours ago, Gangrene said:

The second surgery on his left shoulder was after this sophomore year, hence his numbers were much better after the second surgery ( plus the reduced Covid year competition level/

Thats the non throwing shoulder.  Was just thinking his throwing shoulder, I could care less about releasing pain after the season to his non throwing shoulder, like Lawrence just had done.  

Lots of QBs and baseball players have to have their labrum repaired.  Its one of those injuries you can play with 

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats the non throwing shoulder.  Was just thinking his throwing shoulder, I could care less about releasing pain after the season to his non throwing shoulder, like Lawrence just had done.  

Lots of QBs and baseball players have to have their labrum repaired.  Its one of those injuries you can play with 

I understand you don't care about surgery in a non throwing shoulder or in his throwing hand .

We're not talking about baseball here. Drew Brees was a success post surgery,  others like Chad Pennington, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton have mixed results.

Chuck Pagano admitted to having Luck on a pitch count on his return. No two labrum tears are the same.

Wilson's results after that second shoulder surgery and the surgery on his throwing hand hand, both before his final year, were widely recognized as significant factor in his  dramatically improved stats in his last year of college ball.

In that interview with him that I quoted, Zack Wilson talks about the post game pain in his shoulder not from throwing the ball but specifically from the in game hits.

Medical information aside, I love him as a football prospect.

Factoring in his history of injuries, I would not draft him.

I don't think he is physically built to take hits he will take in the NFL.

here's a medical research paper conclusion on the net affect college players with labrum tears face in the NFL.

"Posterior labral tears did negatively and significantly affect early NFL outcomes for collegiate football players across several different metrics."

• Upvote 1

I had a torn labrum in college.  It essentially ended my college baseball career.  My pre injury talent would have ended it not too much later, but yeah labral tears in baseball are not a great diagnosis.  Some guys come back, but usually not with the same stuff.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

I understand you don't care about surgery in a non throwing shoulder or in his throwing hand .

We're not talking about baseball here. Drew Brees was a success post surgery,  others like Chad Pennington, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton have mixed results.

Chuck Pagano admitted to having Luck on a pitch count on his return. No two labrum tears are the same.

Wilson's results after that second shoulder surgery and the surgery on his throwing hand hand, both before his final year, were widely recognized as significant factor in his  dramatically improved stats in his last year of college ball.

In that interview with him that I quoted, Zack Wilson talks about the post game pain in his shoulder not from throwing the ball but specifically from the in game hits.

Medical information aside, I love him as a football prospect.

Factoring in his history of injuries, I would not draft him.

I don't think he is physically built to take hits he will take in the NFL.

here's a medical research paper conclusion on the net affect college players with labrum tears face in the NFL.

"Posterior labral tears did negatively and significantly affect early NFL outcomes for collegiate football players across several different metrics."

I dont know.  6-2+ and 215 isnt too small.  Hes going to be reigned in from running around.  L Jackson, and a lotto other Qbs are slight and survive.  

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont know.  6-2+ and 215 isnt too small.  Hes going to be reigned in from running around.  L Jackson, and a lotto other Qbs are slight and survive.  

We can only hope. Joe Douglas I like, but his short history on signing oline free agents so far, doesn't fill me with confidence.