Louis Riddick trolling Jet fans

Just now, David Harris said:

That’s one of the best throws I’ve ever seen

But that’s the darnold tease we’ve seen for 3 years.  A great throw, followed by an ok throw and a head scratching decision that sometimes leads to a turnover.  Darnold has talent, and he has some innate stuff you can’t teach but unfortunately that’s not what wins in the nfl.  You need precision and consistency and darnold has neither.  He prefers to freelance and too often looks confused and stressed in the pocket.  I’d rather have a guy who is more boring who can make 3rd and 6 throws consistently.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Comparing a 30-yard throw to a 60-yard throw?

Look, no one argues that Darnold can uncork some really nice throws sometimes. His problem is that he can't perform like that consistently after three years of trying. Enough already.

Sam Darnold lacks the speed, arm strength and energy he plays the game in slow motion. 

Time to move on. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

That was a great throw! No one is saying Sam can’t make all the throws.... it’s the timing and decision making and lost confidence and of course 

spooky ghost GIF

Many factors play into losing confidence, bad O-Line lower tier players etc  Sam hasn't had the best luck in his short career so far but a change in teams may turn him around..

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

That’s the frustrating part about Darnold. He’s made throws that are some of the best we’ve ever seen, but he has more bad decisions on a consistent basis. I do blame the coaching staff for not maximizing his talents but at some point given the financial ramifications, you just have to move on. 

Also, Aaron Rodgers and Pat Mahomes are the only players I’ve ever seen that can consistently make those kinds of throws, and it’s also not a good look for the OL and WRs if the QB is constantly having to do things like that, so looking for it consistently is a fools errand.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

https://www.nfl.com/players/louis-riddick/stats/career

Louis Riddick had less interceptions than Jamal or Revis or Eric Smith.  His credibility is less than Casserly's.

Talking head.

Skip Bayless has as many INT's as Louis Riddick.

Both are idiots

Yikes, U mad bro?

Louis Riddick is one of the top 3 NFL members in the entire media. Regardless of how you feel about the clip. He’s very tapped into the league, very smart, and can communicate his thoughts very well.

• Upvote 3

It's trolly in that Darnold has also made about a hundred indefensibly stupid throws, but he does have a point. The throw Wilson made yesterday was a great throw, but it was in shorts, with no pass rush, as part of a script. Wilson is talented, but he's not Mahomes or Josh Allen or prime Aaron Rodgers, where he's just doing stuff that no one else in the league is capable of. Anyone expecting that is setting themselves up for disappointment.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

i think the choice of Sam Darnold to make his point - the team that is favored to land wilson - suggests a more specific agenda

Actually Darnold is one of the handful of QBs in the NFL that could make that throw. Moving to his left and throwing has always been his most elite characteristic. Mahomes could do it, Rodgers could, possibly Allen on pure arm but that is about it.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

i don't disagree that it might be time to move on - but I'm still surprised at how many grown men, well into their 40s and 50s, seem lost on how 1 year with bates and two with Gase in the talentless offense we had with no oline can essentially make a guy look like Sam.. No confidence and lost out there.. it's not like that's the ONLY version of Sam... Tannehill looks pretty fcking broken too. 

The thing about darnold is that i can’t point to a time in college or the nfl where he was really good, to conclude that the whole mccagnan/gase regime ruined him.  His turnovers were absurd at USC.  He’s always been much more about potential than consistency, the allure of darnold was that he was dripping with talent and just needed to be tamed a bit like a wild bronco and you’d have a stud qb.  You know what, i think this narrative was wrong, i think darnold is who he is, a very good talent whose strengths don’t translate well to the pro game.  It’s unclear how much better he can get at the mental aspects of the game, and ultimately i think he’ll be fitted to a system where it minimizes his potential for mistakes but also reigns in his ability to freelance which essentially neuters the crux of his innate talent.  There’s just too many qbs entering the nfl each year to have the time and patience to spend with darnold to hope that by the time he’s 26 he’s a top 20 qb.  

With regard to tannehill, his stats with gase in miami were far better than darnold’s were with gase.  Tannehill’s td/int ratio was very good with gase, his main drawback was his injuries.  Tannehill is a better prospect than darnold and he continues to prove that each year regardless of where he plays.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'm not sure Wilson is that guy. Frankly, of all the QBs taken in the past 5 years Darnold and Wilson seem the most similar. Athletic guys that can make throws of any base.

Put Darnold in shorts and let him throw without a pass rush or DBs and he'll wow you with all of his throws too. I just don't see the Jets drafting Wilson. I could be totally wrong, but I don't see why he is appreciably different than Darnold.  

I think Wilson's arm is a little better than Darnold's, but otherwise I think this is true. The idea of drafting Wilson is that he's better between the ears.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It's trolly in that Darnold has also made about a hundred indefensibly stupid throws, but he does have a point. The throw Wilson made yesterday was a great throw, but it was in shorts, with no pass rush, as part of a script. Wilson is talented, but he's not Mahomes or Josh Allen or prime Aaron Rodgers, where he's just doing stuff that no one else in the league is capable of. Anyone expecting that is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Except Wilson DOES do that stuff routinely in games. In basically every game there is a version of that throw. He does things like that all the time. I remember when we got Clemens I was really impressed with his highlight tape. Well pretty much every GAME tape of Wilson is better than the Clemens highlight reel. He is ridiculously dynamic.

• Upvote 2

Sam and Zack are so similar but Sam still gets the benefit for me because I've seen him beat great defences.

This is why I don't fully get the love for wilson when we already have that guy on the roster and I don't believe in this broken s**t theory just give him the right system.

If ye were all in love with fields I could understand that as we would be moving to a different type of qb but not wilson.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Before they played in the league many negative things were said about all 3 of those QB's hell on this board alone Josh Allen was trashed by most posters.. No one knows what a college QB can do in the pro's until they do it. It does help when a QB goes to a playoff type team like Mahomes as opposed to a bottom of the barrel type team.. 

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

All true. And we don’t know if Wilson will either.  And the Sam completely sucks narrative is dumb as well

What we do know is that Wilson was consistently accurate in college--incredibly so, in fact. I like his chances of succeeding far better than Darnold's. And so does Douglast apparently.