Louis Riddick trolling Jet fans

31 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Sorry, thought it was just a quick video of one play.

Just watched a couple more minutes.

Still not the same pressure Sam faced.  When that did happen, he was sacked, threw incomplete, or just quick dump off to the flats.

A lot of that pressure came after 3 seconds and was a result of him holding the ball.

Try to think what would have happened with him consistently being under real pressure in under 2.5 seconds.  Like Sam has, more than any other QB in the last 3 years.

This is a perfect example of how stats fail.

Sam under pressure:  a dude on top of him in 2 seconds.  No time to survey the field.  No time for WRs (lol if you can call em that) with no time to run routes.  In 2019 snaps flying everywhere...

Wilson under pressure:  chill back there for 3+ seconds waiting...  wait as long as possible for WR to get separation, see pressure and throw last moment.

Wilson's scenario I suppose qualifies as pressure for stats, but is it comparable?

Ok 

37 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Thanks!

Some good in there, some great. Some bad, some really bad. Kind of what I’d expect from a QB under pressure.

The play at 3:30 is my fave. Total money. Rolling out of the pocket, keeping the eyes down field, looks like he had a check down option to a running back shallow towards the sideline but made a bigger throw to the middle of the field. Solid.

Good call on that play

yeah, no one is gonna be Mahomes under pressure and I’m glad they showed sacks and incompletes and sh*t so we get the full picture 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

We have video of Wilson under pressure?  Where?

All I've seen are highlights of him chillin back there without any pressure.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist.  I just haven't seen any.

Doesn’t it say minimum 70 pressured drop backs right in that stat ?

40 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I am all on board with Wilson ... but even I have to agree with this post. Where i stand .... to me he has shown enough arm talent to convince me he is worth the risk... and is a good choice to be the second off the board.

I am also mature enough to realize that there are other talents to be had in the 1st round ... Fields/Lance/Jones ... any one of those guys could end up being better than Wilson or even Lawrence ... I know what style of play I like and that would be Fields or Jones. I simply dont love the Run first QB mold.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Thank you for the honesty. You’re my hero today. 

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I was the most enthusiastic trasher of Josh Allen! 

I can not imagine anyone being more negative about Allen than I was.  Up until this past season, it was looking like we had hit the nail on the head.  I'm in shock that he went from a year 2 NFL QB who would throw the ball into the ground 7 yards in front of a wide open receiver in the flat, into an MVP Candidate.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

I can not imagine anyone being more negative about Allen than I was.  Up until this past season, it was looking like we had hit the nail on the head.  I'm in shock that he went from a year 2 NFL QB who would throw the ball into the ground 7 yards in front of a wide open receiver in the flat, into an MVP Candidate.

100 percent agree..

I’ve never seen such a jump in one season from a QB in my 30 plus years of watching the NFL..

The thing that shocked me most is I’ve come to the conclusion of all my years watching that with QB’s  accuracy is an inherit trait it’s not something you can improve greatly on.. you either have it or don’t because it’s always proven right..

Allen is the only QB I’ve ever  seen who in one season went from can’t hit the broad side of a barn to extremely accurate and MVP candidate  

• Upvote 3

These PFF nerds I’m not a fan of.. I don’t  know how they became the arbiter of  how to correctly grade players..

Im not one of these people who’s anti  advances numbers or analytics more info is always good   but they use it as a end all be all in a nuanced small sample size sport that doesn’t work..

Most who work there are  extremely young and make ignorant comments  about stuff before their time.

I was listening to a podcast and they said pocket passers always took a lot of time to develop look at Manning and Brady lol..

Has nothing to do with pocket passers.. it was a completely different era..

Back then before the Colts complained about the Pats being too physical in the 03 playoffs you could actually play defense and it was extremely hard for rookies to come in and play well.. You had outliers like Marino but most Qbs took time to develop.

Now if a QB is legit you see it right away because of how easy it is too pass the ball these days with the rules..

In today’s era if a QB has shown no consistency or signs  of stardom after a few years more then likely it’s never gonna happen.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

A lot of that is attributed to Daboll. Being there for all of Allen’s career and actually developing him and developing that offense. 
Im praying we got a good one in LeFleur. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

A lot of that is attributed to Daboll. Being there for all of Allen’s career and actually developing him and developing that offense. 
Im praying we got a good one in LeFleur. 

The sad thing is I often wonder how we'd view Sam if byates was still his coordinator, and that's pretty sad.  I'm with you, we need to put the quarterback in a good/stable situation whether it's Zack, Justin, or another.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It’s legitimately the wrongest I have ever been about anything

Is Riddick trolling at all? Just feels like a good check on hysterics...

Sam and Wilson can both have the ability to make off platform throws and improvise (they do) and they can have other traits that are different (arguably Wilson has unique deep accuracy). We have no idea how Sam will respond to better coaching/scheme (he carries unflattering tape and stats from this season for sure) and no idea how Wilson will cope with tougher competition/pressure. All else equal it seems Wilson on sheer economics and risk mgmt is the smarter play and a fresh start likely suits Sam best too. I hope Douglas can thread the needle to make that happen. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

First of all, you obviously don't know that. Second, Darnold is hardly the first QB to play behind a bad offensive line. Justin Herbert played behind the worst offensive line in football last year, yet he shined as a rookie and made his teammates better. Burrow played behind a bad offensive line and played very well before his injury. 

I think everyone here would agree that a good QB is supposed to uplift the team around him. Why does that rule get ignored when we talk about Darnold?

Blasphemy. The Jets' offensive line was the worst any QB has ever had to play behind. He never had more than 0.4 clean seconds to throw on any dropback in his entire career. If he had a mere 0.9 seconds per dropback he'd be Peyton Manning II. 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

100 percent agree..

I’ve never seen such a jump in one season from a QB in my 30 plus years of watching the NFL..

The thing that shocked me most is I’ve come to the conclusion of all my years watching that with QB’s  accuracy is an inherit trait it’s not something you can improve greatly on.. you either have it or don’t because it’s always proven right..

Allen is the only QB I’ve ever  seen who in one season went from can’t hit the broad side of a barn to extremely accurate and MVP candidate  

I wouldn’t go that far yet. In the bills playoffs loss and even the week before when the bills beat the ravens, he looked exactly like the guy we saw in year two.  He had a great season, can’t deny that but I’m not quite sold yet. My gut just tells me that he isn’t as good as this past season’s number showed. I’m prob wrong tho lol.

12 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I wouldn’t go that far yet. In the bills playoffs loss and even the week before when the bills beat the ravens, he looked exactly like the guy we saw in year two.  He had a great season, can’t deny that but I’m not quite sold yet. My gut just tells me that he isn’t as good as this past season’s number showed. I’m prob wrong tho lol.

Yeah he was a little shaky in the playoffs but it was his first time..

He’s just so physically talented that if he can just be not horrendous with accuracy he’s a star..

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Sorry, thought it was just a quick video of one play.

Just watched a couple more minutes.

Still not the same pressure Sam faced.  When that did happen, he was sacked, threw incomplete, or just quick dump off to the flats.

A lot of that pressure came after 3 seconds and was a result of him holding the ball.

Try to think what would have happened with him consistently being under real pressure in under 2.5 seconds.  Like Sam has, more than any other QB in the last 3 years.

This is a perfect example of how stats fail.

Sam under pressure:  a dude on top of him in 2 seconds.  No time to survey the field.  No time for WRs (lol if you can call em that) with no time to run routes.  In 2019 snaps flying everywhere...

Wilson under pressure:  chill back there for 3+ seconds waiting...  wait as long as possible for WR to get separation, see pressure and throw last moment.

Wilson's scenario I suppose qualifies as pressure for stats, but is it comparable?

Compare him to the college QBs he's ranked against.

Is there a drastic difference between Lawrence, Fileds and Jones? 

Because you think he threw from a clean pocket all the time how exactly does that prove he couldn't throw under duress? 

And Same threw from a clean pocket more than you're giving he OL credit for

You don't like Wilson, that's fine.  He's too short, you don't like his face, his uncle has money, he went to a small school.   Etc, doesn't mean that watching him throw you can't see the talent 

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Compare him to the college QBs he's ranked against.

Is there a drastic difference between Lawrence, Fileds and Jones? 

Because you think he threw from a clean pocket all the time how exactly does that prove he couldn't throw under duress? 

And Same threw from a clean pocket more than you're giving he OL credit for

You don't like Wilson, that's fine.  He's too short, you don't like his face, his uncle has money, he went to a small school.   Etc, doesn't mean that watching him throw you can't see the talent 

I didn't say I don't like him.

I'm saying I like Sam, Pitts, and 2 additional 1sts more.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Sure sounds that way. 

If we didn't have a former 3rd overall pick still waiting to be given a chance in even a legit below average offense, I'd be excited about Wilson.  Though even then I'd be worried about him being a one-year-wonder at BYU vs crap competition. 

• Upvote 2