Louis Riddick trolling Jet fans

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

If we didn't have a former 3rd overall pick still waiting to be given a chance in even a legit below average offense, I'd be excited about Wilson.  Though even then I'd be worried about him being a one-year-wonder at BYU vs crap competition. 

Well Burrow was a one year wonder, didn't hurt him.  Mahomes played against weaker comp.  I look at his arm talent etc. 

seems pretty legit from the way he plays

Darnold would be an option to me except he will take a financial commitment and I don't know that we'll be in a position to draft a QB if Sam fails again.  I like Sam but there's too much working against him.  

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well Burrow was a one year wonder, didn't hurt him.  Mahomes played against weaker comp.  I look at his arm talent etc. 

seems pretty legit from the way he plays

Darnold would be an option to me except he will take a financial commitment and I don't know that we'll be in a position to draft a QB if Sam fails again.  I like Sam but there's too much working against him.  

We'll have three 1sts next year, and likely two 1sts in 2023.

And if he does suck... our 1st will be pretty darn high.  Plenty of ammo imo.

* Edit:  Now imagine having all those picks if Sam is good.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I am all on board with Wilson ... but even I have to agree with this post. Where i stand .... to me he has shown enough arm talent to convince me he is worth the risk... and is a good choice to be the second off the board.

I am also mature enough to realize that there are other talents to be had in the 1st round ... Fields/Lance/Jones ... any one of those guys could end up being better than Wilson or even Lawrence ... I know what style of play I like and that would be Fields or Jones. I simply dont love the Run first QB mold.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Is fields really run first in your mind? I feel like if anything he waits sometimes too long for downfield plays to develop. Some of that is the scheme OSU runs (WR option routes). The irony is that it’s the Gase system at OSU. Really it all makes sense. When that system worked for gase it was when he had Manning and the talent level could overpower the opposition. Not saying fields is anywhere at the level of Manning, just that the system is demanding and requires players to beat out their defender without much help. Gase tried to that everywhere he went but basically his scheme doesn’t really add value which won’t cut it unless he has the perfect guys everywhere. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

We'll have three 1sts next year, and likely two 1sts in 2023 if Sam does suck.

And if he does suck... our 1st will be pretty darn high.  Plenty of ammo imo.

* Edit:  Now imagine having all those picks if Sam is good.

Having a lot of 1's or a high 1 doesnt mean a QB is available

Look what happened when we had the first overall the year we took Keyshawn.

The only thing we do know is there are options, anyway JD wants to go after Jax takes Lawrence.  We'll have our choice of Wilson, Fields, Lance and Jones.  I want a QB not a prayer that one will be available as good as those options next season.  Plus what makes anyone sure that we'll get an offer for the 2nd anywhere as valuable as the deal SF offered to Miami and more than likely to the Jets

1 hour ago, Marshmello said:

It's time to move on... 

If Fields winds up playing circles around Wilson I will never forgive the Jets or the NFL. 

I cannot believe after the season he had, and the game he played vs Clemson that I’m watching all of you fall of this guy. It’s insane to me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Plus what makes anyone sure that we'll get an offer for the 2nd anywhere as valuable as the deal SF offered to Miami and more than likely to the Jets

No one knows for sure 100%.  It's just very likely. 

We'll see soon enough. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If Fields winds up playing circles around Wilson I will never forgive the Jets or the NFL. 

I cannot believe after the season he had, and the game he played vs Clemson that I’m hearing watching all of you fall of this guy. It’s insane to me. 

Agreed. Seems like every year theres a QB prospect that gets picked apart to death. Fields is the guy this year. Watson, Herbert are other examples.

Everyone mentions the amount of hate Wilson recieves as a prospect but Fields was the 1B to Lawrence and now he doesn't even get a mention. His draft trajectory has been insane.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I think Wilson's arm is a little better than Darnold's, but otherwise I think this is true. The idea of drafting Wilson is that he's better between the ears.

Possibly. Though when Darnold played up tempo and in rhythm he played well ie the first drive of most games. Then the D adjusted and the Jets O didn’t. He got in trouble when he took 7 step drops and had to find an open WR. 

The Shanahan/LaFluer offense should be quicker drops and quicker throws in a rhythm

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

No one knows for sure 100%.  It's just very likely. 

We'll see soon enough. 

Again, I can see that.  Mostly.  The only thing known is this is a really good QB class and we're picking 2nd.  I dont see that happening next season

26 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Is fields really run first in your mind? I feel like if anything he waits sometimes too long for downfield plays to develop. Some of that is the scheme OSU runs (WR option routes). The irony is that it’s the Gase system at OSU. Really it all makes sense. When that system worked for gase it was when he had Manning and the talent level could overpower the opposition. Not saying fields is anywhere at the level of Manning, just that the system is demanding and requires players to beat out their defender without much help. Gase tried to that everywhere he went but basically his scheme doesn’t really add value which won’t cut it unless he has the perfect guys everywhere. 

Preach.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I cannot believe after the season he had, and the game he played vs Clemson that I’m hearing watching all of you fall of this guy. It’s insane to me. 

It's mind melting. And not in the good way. 

People have to literally talk themselves up and into Wilson. Bring up valid counterpoints, and the response from one of the biggest Wilson backers: "You're not drafting his competition or his sophomore season. Nothing in the past matters."

I mean, seriously?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

Lol that’s cute.

Que up the same reel of him throwing numerous ducks off his back foot and missing wide open receivers to throw into double/triple coverage.....

Jets fans who’ve soured on him understand his talent...it’s that the evidence shows the bad outweighs the good, and you can’t win in this league being a flash in the pan, yet inconsistent ??‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I honestly don’t understand it either. Fields has been the 2nd rated QB in this class since high school. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marshmello said:

It's time to move on... 

I mean it’s a pretty valid point. No matter what rookie QB you want. They’ll be in a better spot then Darnold has been the last two years. 
It’s really quite amazing how bad the combo of Gase, Dowell and Mac was for this franchise. Even Sam looked promising under his 1 year with no Gase. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

Lol that’s cute.

Que up the same reel of him throwing numerous ducks off his back foot and missing wide open receivers to throw into double/triple coverage.....

Jets fans who’ve soured on him understand his talent...it’s that the evidence shows the bad outweighs the good, and you can’t win in this league being a flash in the pan, yet inconsistent ??‍♂️

Part of this toxic/divisive Jets fan culture is a product living under incompetent rule. It’s created a distrustful fanbase that argues about everything 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paradis said:

Part of this toxic/divisive Jets fan culture is a product living under incompetent rule. It’s created a distrustful fanbase that argues about everything 

Or all these anit-Sam folks aren't actually Jet fans.  Could be Chinese agents.

8 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Lol that’s cute.

It was also a 15 yard pass, the throw that Wilson made was 60 yard pass

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

i don't disagree that it might be time to move on - but I'm still surprised at how many grown men, well into their 40s and 50s, seem lost on how 1 year with bates and two with Gase in the talentless offense we had with no oline can essentially make a guy look like Sam.. No confidence and lost out there.. it's not like that's the ONLY version of Sam... Tannehill looks pretty fcking broken too. 

Some people just want results now, some dont want to see the forest through the trees. 

Sam probably will be a good QB with talent, coaching, and a systme tailored to his skills.  I think if we kept him we'd be in good shape, and honestly if you ask me my preferred scenario, its gambling on darnold and trading down.

The issue now is compensation.  And truly, i find it hard to see us getting the compensation for 2OA.  So you turn to the rookie, who is extremely talented, and will be very cheap for 5 years. It may not be what we all want, but it certainly looks like the way things are shaping up. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

https://www.nfl.com/players/louis-riddick/stats/career

Louis Riddick had less interceptions than Jamal or Revis or Eric Smith.  His credibility is less than Casserly's.

Talking head.

Skip Bayless has as many INT's as Louis Riddick.

Both are idiots

Deion Sanders was a fantastic CB, I don't want to hear him breaking down NFL defenses.  

5 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

https://www.nfl.com/players/louis-riddick/stats/career

Louis Riddick had less interceptions than Jamal or Revis or Eric Smith.  His credibility is less than Casserly's.

Talking head.

Skip Bayless has as many INT's as Louis Riddick.

Both are idiots

That's not a legit reason to disregard his opinion. 

Would you rather hear Deion Sanders break down players?  I've heard quite enough of his nonsense.

59 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

He works for ESPN. He's looking for a raise, and the easiest way to get one in Bristol is to mock the Jets and their fans.

ESPN mocks bad teams.  The Jets have been awful for most of the last decade.  They deserve mockery.

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

If we didn't have a former 3rd overall pick still waiting to be given a chance in even a legit below average offense, I'd be excited about Wilson.  Though even then I'd be worried about him being a one-year-wonder at BYU vs crap competition. 

Truth.

sorry I am not going to be all that excited if the Jets draft Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

I honestly don’t understand it either. Fields has been the 2nd rated QB in this class since high school. 
This is what is happening ...

Wilson plays a full great season and showcases his polished skillset and monster arm. Has huge potential.

Fields plays a great season ending on a sour note. Clearly the better athlete , has a great arm... but not as skilled or polished. Has huge potential.

Some fans of Fields take cheap shots at the kid ni acknowledging his strengths and refer to him as The Twink or Small Boy ... basically grammar school bullsh*t.

There is an over reaction to this bu the Wilson believers ... pushing back on Fields out of spite.

Fact is both are huge talents with Wilson being more a more skilled passer and Fields being more multidimensional threat .. but not as polished a passer.

Both guys are going early in the first round ... I prefer Wilson's arm, but cant deny or disparage the talent Fields has.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

43 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Truth.

sorry I am not going to be all that excited if the Jets draft Wilson. 

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

I’m with both of you. Let’s at least build a halfway team before throwing ANOTHER QB into a suicide mission.  Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I cannot believe after the season he had, and the game he played vs Clemson that I’m watching all of you fall of this guy. It’s insane to me. 

I’m perplexed by all the dudes saying we should draft Wilson because of “tools” and Fields is going to go out there next week, run a 4.4/40 and throw the football 156 MPH on a line.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m perplexed by all the dudes saying we should draft Wilson because of “tools” and Fields is going to go out there next week, run a 4.4/40 and throw the football 156 MPH on a line.

Wilson would have done that.  Can't blame him for a pulled hammy.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

So what should we do?

Wilson?

Fields?

Jones?

Hope Watson can play on work release?

Darnold?

Lance?

Morgan?