Louis Riddick trolling Jet fans

I'd prefer fields over wilson. But I know I'm in the minority on that 1. 

If Jets can't get a 3rd rd pick or higher for darnold they should just keep him and make it an open competition. Worst case scenario darnold starts the first 4 games and then the rook comes in. Best case scenario he looks good and improves his trade value.

• Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I'd prefer fields over wilson. But I know I'm in the minority on that 1. 

If Jets can't get a 3rd rd pick or higher for darnold they should just keep him and make it an open competition. Worst case scenario darnold starts the first 4 games and then the rook comes in. Best case scenario he looks good and improves his trade value.

You'll be in the minority until Tuesday.

Then, the flippening.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

It’s really quite amazing how bad the combo of Gase, Dowell and Mac was for this franchise. Even Sam looked promising under his 1 year with no Gase. 

I generally hate stat's and QB ratings but Sam was one of the highest rated QB's the last 4 games of his rookie season and more importantly, to me, he played like one of the best (using the eyeball method of grading).

That's why I want to roll with Sam, he showed he has the talent when not knee capped by Gase and a historically bad roster. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It was also a 15 yard pass, the throw that Wilson made was 60 yard pass

On this board I've watched Sam's throw go from a 40 yard pass, to a 30 yard pass, to a 20 yard pass and now it's a 15 yard pass.

By next week it'll be a lateral.

Yeah, Wilson's throw was much longer but it was scripted and he practiced it for two weeks and it was during a pro day. Sam's pass was a real off schedule play where he was dodging rushers and scrambling for his life.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

On this board I've watched Sam's throw go from a 40 yard pass, to a 30 yard pass, to a 20 yard pass and now it's a 15 yard pass.

Yeah, Wilson's throw was much longer but it was scripted and he practiced it for two weeks and it was during a pro day. Sam's pass was a real off schedule play where he was dodging rushers and scrambling for his life.

Dude, its a video.  Count the yards for yourself.  The sarcastic comments dont fit 

Dont have a clue how that the pass was scripted changes the arm you have to have to make that throw.

No one is shltting on Sams pass, it just wasnt as physically impressive as the arm it takes to make the 60 yard pass to your right as youre rolling left

7 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

I generally hate stat's and QB ratings but Sam was one of the highest rated QB's the last 4 games of his rookie season and more importantly, to me, he played like one of the best (using the eyeball method of grading).

That's why I want to roll with Sam, he showed he has the talent when not knee capped by Gase and a historically bad roster. 

Sam has been criminally mismanaged his 3 years here.  Lousy coaching, terrible offensive line, receivers all sucked except Robby who we let go for nothing 

Enjoy Zach “The Egg” Wilson

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Dude, its a video.  Count the yards for yourself.  The sarcastic comments dont fit 

Dont have a clue how that the pass was scripted changes the arm you have to have to make that throw.

No one is shltting on Sams pass, it just wasnt as physically impressive as the arm it takes to make the 60 yard pass to your right as youre rolling left

I didn't mean that you had changed the length of Sam's pass, just a comment on what I've seen posted and thought it was funny that the lenght of Sam's pass was being reduced with each post.

It wasn't sarcasm directed at you.

Wilson does have a big arm and looks to be accurate. Our difference is that if we didn't have Sam I'd be happy with Wilson and you want Wilson because you don't think Sam is the answer.

Whatever happens I just hope it finally works out for the Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

It’s not whether or not he can make every throw or not because Sam can make every throw. It’s the decision making and the consistency that antagonizes me. 

Seeing him do this and then throw a Sanchez-type interception the next play is frustrating. 

Then again I focus on management and ask myself did we do everything in our power to support him. I can’t say we did. Our offensive line has always been neglected. He has never had a tight end as a reliable safety blanket. His only receiver that he had chemistry with is no longer on the team. 

Why bring in Wilson if we’re not going to change any of those areas? 

8 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

And he didn’t need to throw it 60 yards. 

Some of these comparisons are ridiculous and lack logic.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It’s not whether or not he can make every throw or not because Sam can make every throw. It’s the decision making and the consistency that antagonizes me. 

Seeing him do this and then throw a Sanchez-type interception the next play is frustrating. 

Then again I focus on management and ask myself did we do everything in our power to support him. I can’t say we did. Our offensive line has always been neglected. He has never had a tight end as a reliable safety blanket. His only receiver that he had chemistry with is no longer on the team. 

Why bring in Wilson if we’re not going to change any of those areas? 

As long as people are comparing Darnold to Wilson. 

I can’t answer this but how does the BYU O differ from the Gase O?  What responsibilities are placed on the QB?  What are the route concepts?  How is Wilson when under pressure?  Has he even faced any?  If people are basing their decisions on highlights and a pro day there won’t be many examples. 

That said I do trust Douglas and the CS decision on who they want which will include numerous variables 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Except Wilson DOES do that stuff routinely in games. In basically every game there is a version of that throw. He does things like that all the time. I remember when we got Clemens I was really impressed with his highlight tape. Well pretty much every GAME tape of Wilson is better than the Clemens highlight reel. He is ridiculously dynamic.

I could swear that some of you literally just copy/paste your posts from the last QB Draft and repost them about the next QB draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

As long as people are comparing Darnold to Wilson. 

I can’t answer this but how does the BYU O differ from the Gase O?  What responsibilities are placed on the QB?  What are the route concepts?  How is Wilson when under pressure?  Has he even faced any?  If people are basing their decisions on highlights and a pro day there won’t be many examples. 

That said I do trust Douglas and the CS decision on who they want which will include numerous variables 

Very good points. It’s the level of competition that concerns me with Wilson. 

This is not the popular opinion but I’ve been on record saying that I’m in total of favor of keeping Darnold AND drafting Wilson. 

I’m not going to pass on Wilson with all of that talent and I’m not going to let Darnold go for a 2nd round pick when we can see him excel in this offense. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I could swear that some of you literally just copy/paste your posts from the last QB Draft and repost them about the next QB draft.

Well in this case it is purely my own opinion based on watching game videos, where in the past I might just echo some analysts take on the player especially the positive one if we had drafted him. If Wilson sucks then my days of elaborating my thoughts on potential QBs is over. Of course if Wilson is a FQB maybe I don't need to have an opinion on some other QB for a really long time

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2021 at 9:32 AM, johnnysd said:

Except Wilson DOES do that stuff routinely in games. In basically every game there is a version of that throw. He does things like that all the time. I remember when we got Clemens I was really impressed with his highlight tape. Well pretty much every GAME tape of Wilson is better than the Clemens highlight reel. He is ridiculously dynamic.

The praise Wilson gets isn't that he CAN make those types of tough throws its that he makes those types of throws look easy because of his accuracy and velocity. TBD on if he will do that in the Pros, we will just have to wait and see but Darnold hasn't done that, not on a consistent basis as you say. 

37 minutes ago, PepPep said:

The praise Wilson gets isn't that he CAN make those types of tough throws its that he makes those types of throws look easy because of his accuracy and velocity. TBD on if he will do that in the Pros, we will just have to wait and see but Darnold hasn't done that, not on a consistent basis as you say. 

An interesting game to watch is the BYU USC game from last year. Michael Lombardi said that this tape is the reason why Wilson has sort of become locked in at #2. It was pre-hand injury against a Top 25 team and Wilson shows the same things in this game he did in 2020 and against way better competition.

Now he is not as polished and as sure in this game as he was in 2020, and the game is far from perfect:

He gets a couple balls tipped (he does look smaller too) and one should have been an easy interception.

He runs around a little like Manziel but shows good escapability. He makes a play takes a bigger sack but maybe a slight negative

He is under pressure a lot and gets sacked a few times

BUT on several plays he shows the uncanny accuracy and velocity he showed in 2020. Some of the throws are amazing. It is far from perfect but he shows the potential in that game of what he could be and then he became that in 2020. So it sort of validates that his play in 2020 was not an aberration and 2019 was a down year because of the injury.

On 3/27/2021 at 6:04 PM, adb280z said:

ESPN mocks bad teams.  The Jets have been awful for most of the last decade.  They deserve mockery.

ESPN was the jet-hatred channel when we were going to AFCGs with Rex

Their entire staff is giants and patriots fans.  They are physically located in Connecticut that’s patriots/Giant country

• Upvote 2

On 3/27/2021 at 4:47 PM, Jet Nut said:

Well Burrow was a one year wonder, didn't hurt him.  Mahomes played against weaker comp.  I look at his arm talent etc. 

seems pretty legit from the way he plays

Darnold would be an option to me except he will take a financial commitment and I don't know that we'll be in a position to draft a QB if Sam fails again.  I like Sam but there's too much working against him.  

Burrow got physically wrecked last year with no OLine.  And he didn’t have Wilson’s injury resume

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

ESPN was the jet-hatred channel when we were going to AFCGs with Rex

Their entire staff is giants and patriots fans.  They are physically located in Connecticut that’s patriots/Giant country

The Giants and Jets have huge fan bases that's why they are talked about constantly...if the Jets were located in Detroit or Minnesota they would be ignored.

On 3/27/2021 at 12:39 PM, Paradis said:

He woulda looked the same behind our OLINE with Gase

And yet he still would have made plays that Darnold, couldn't or wouldn't.  You watch Wilson and you see this guy is a play maker, he finds ways to get his guys the ball or get the extra yardage, get the first down etc. or whatever is necessary.  I have not seen that in Darnold in 3 years.   I bet he and Perriman would have clicked well together too.  Flacco developed more chemistry with Perriman in like 2 games than Sam did all year.   Look we know our oline was a mess but at some point we really have to look at Sam and his ability to lift players around him (he can't).  That is what I want out of a franchise quarterback.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Burrow got physically wrecked last year with no OLine.  And he didn’t have Wilson’s injury resume

What injury resume are you talking about?  Seriously, just because you keep saying it, doesn't make any less false.   Are you worried about Fields "injury resume" or Sams' who has missed 4-6 games EVERY YEAR?  Damn you are seriously like a broken record.  Can you at least find something else to whine about beside who BYU played and Wilsons "injury resume"?  

28 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

And yet he still would have made plays that Darnold, couldn't or wouldn't.  You watch Wilson and you see this guy is a play maker, he finds ways to get his guys the ball or get the extra yardage, get the first down etc. or whatever is necessary.  I have not seen that in Darnold in 3 years.   I bet he and Perriman would have clicked well together too.  Flacco developed more chemistry with Perriman in like 2 games than Sam did all year.   Look we know our oline was a mess but at some point we really have to look at Sam and his ability to lift players around him (he can't).  That is what I want out of a franchise quarterback.  

Totally. It’s not an excuse that has endless mileage. I agree. ...probably because of the field of worki do and education I have tho - is im speculating what we saw from Sam (steady decline) was a confluence of poor talent around him at all levels, coaching that was completely ineffective at crucial time (1weird year with bates as a rookie before captain eyeballs) and not scheming appropriately in the playbook. Basically his Confidence and competence torpedoed. That’s why he looked as bad as he did. 

21-22 year olds only have so much resiliency in the tank. Anyone implodes with enough time. Anyone. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, undertow said:

The Giants and Jets have huge fan bases that's why they are talked about constantly...if the Jets were located in Detroit or Minnesota they would be ignored.

True but the fans of our biggest rivals makeup the entire ESPN network