Jump to content

Louis Riddick trolling Jet fans


Recommended Posts

I'd prefer fields over wilson. But I know I'm in the minority on that 1. 

If Jets can't get a 3rd rd pick or higher for darnold they should just keep him and make it an open competition. Worst case scenario darnold starts the first 4 games and then the rook comes in. Best case scenario he looks good and improves his trade value.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Comparing a 30-yard throw to a 60-yard throw? Look, no one argues that Darnold can uncork some really nice throws sometimes. His problem is that he can't perform like that consistently after thre

That was a great throw! No one is saying Sam can’t make all the throws.... it’s the timing and decision making and lost confidence and of course 

39 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I'd prefer fields over wilson. But I know I'm in the minority on that 1. 

If Jets can't get a 3rd rd pick or higher for darnold they should just keep him and make it an open competition. Worst case scenario darnold starts the first 4 games and then the rook comes in. Best case scenario he looks good and improves his trade value.

You'll be in the minority until Tuesday.

Then, the flippening.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Wilson would have done that.  Can't blame him for a pulled hammy.

Often injured player is injured.  Can't blame him for bein injured.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:


It’s really quite amazing how bad the combo of Gase, Dowell and Mac was for this franchise. Even Sam looked promising under his 1 year with no Gase. 

I generally hate stat's and QB ratings but Sam was one of the highest rated QB's the last 4 games of his rookie season and more importantly, to me, he played like one of the best (using the eyeball method of grading).

That's why I want to roll with Sam, he showed he has the talent when not knee capped by Gase and a historically bad roster. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It was also a 15 yard pass, the throw that Wilson made was 60 yard pass

On this board I've watched Sam's throw go from a 40 yard pass, to a 30 yard pass, to a 20 yard pass and now it's a 15 yard pass.

By next week it'll be a lateral.

Yeah, Wilson's throw was much longer but it was scripted and he practiced it for two weeks and it was during a pro day. Sam's pass was a real off schedule play where he was dodging rushers and scrambling for his life.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

On this board I've watched Sam's throw go from a 40 yard pass, to a 30 yard pass, to a 20 yard pass and now it's a 15 yard pass.

By next week it'll be a lateral.

Yeah, Wilson's throw was much longer but it was scripted and he practiced it for two weeks and it was during a pro day. Sam's pass was a real off schedule play where he was dodging rushers and scrambling for his life.

 

Dude, its a video.  Count the yards for yourself.  The sarcastic comments dont fit 

Dont have a clue how that the pass was scripted changes the arm you have to have to make that throw.

No one is shltting on Sams pass, it just wasnt as physically impressive as the arm it takes to make the 60 yard pass to your right as youre rolling left

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

I generally hate stat's and QB ratings but Sam was one of the highest rated QB's the last 4 games of his rookie season and more importantly, to me, he played like one of the best (using the eyeball method of grading).

That's why I want to roll with Sam, he showed he has the talent when not knee capped by Gase and a historically bad roster. 

Sam has been criminally mismanaged his 3 years here.  Lousy coaching, terrible offensive line, receivers all sucked except Robby who we let go for nothing 

 

Enjoy Zach “The Egg” Wilson

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Dude, its a video.  Count the yards for yourself.  The sarcastic comments dont fit 

Dont have a clue how that the pass was scripted changes the arm you have to have to make that throw.

No one is shltting on Sams pass, it just wasnt as physically impressive as the arm it takes to make the 60 yard pass to your right as youre rolling left

 

I didn't mean that you had changed the length of Sam's pass, just a comment on what I've seen posted and thought it was funny that the lenght of Sam's pass was being reduced with each post.

It wasn't sarcasm directed at you.

Wilson does have a big arm and looks to be accurate. Our difference is that if we didn't have Sam I'd be happy with Wilson and you want Wilson because you don't think Sam is the answer.

Whatever happens I just hope it finally works out for the Jets.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not whether or not he can make every throw or not because Sam can make every throw. It’s the decision making and the consistency that antagonizes me. 
 

Seeing him do this and then throw a Sanchez-type interception the next play is frustrating. 
 

Then again I focus on management and ask myself did we do everything in our power to support him. I can’t say we did. Our offensive line has always been neglected. He has never had a tight end as a reliable safety blanket. His only receiver that he had chemistry with is no longer on the team. 
 

Why bring in Wilson if we’re not going to change any of those areas? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

On this board I've watched Sam's throw go from a 40 yard pass, to a 30 yard pass, to a 20 yard pass and now it's a 15 yard pass.

By next week it'll be a lateral.

Yeah, Wilson's throw was much longer but it was scripted and he practiced it for two weeks and it was during a pro day. Sam's pass was a real off schedule play where he was dodging rushers and scrambling for his life.

 

And he didn’t need to throw it 60 yards. 

Some of these comparisons are ridiculous and lack logic.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It’s not whether or not he can make every throw or not because Sam can make every throw. It’s the decision making and the consistency that antagonizes me. 
 

Seeing him do this and then throw a Sanchez-type interception the next play is frustrating. 
 

Then again I focus on management and ask myself did we do everything in our power to support him. I can’t say we did. Our offensive line has always been neglected. He has never had a tight end as a reliable safety blanket. His only receiver that he had chemistry with is no longer on the team. 
 

Why bring in Wilson if we’re not going to change any of those areas? 

 

As long as people are comparing Darnold to Wilson. 

I can’t answer this but how does the BYU O differ from the Gase O?  What responsibilities are placed on the QB?  What are the route concepts?  How is Wilson when under pressure?  Has he even faced any?  If people are basing their decisions on highlights and a pro day there won’t be many examples. 

That said I do trust Douglas and the CS decision on who they want which will include numerous variables 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Except Wilson DOES do that stuff routinely in games. In basically every game there is a version of that throw. He does things like that all the time. I remember when we got Clemens I was really impressed with his highlight tape. Well pretty much every GAME tape of Wilson is better than the Clemens highlight reel. He is ridiculously dynamic.

I could swear that some of you literally just copy/paste your posts from the last QB Draft and repost them about the next QB draft.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

As long as people are comparing Darnold to Wilson. 

I can’t answer this but how does the BYU O differ from the Gase O?  What responsibilities are placed on the QB?  What are the route concepts?  How is Wilson when under pressure?  Has he even faced any?  If people are basing their decisions on highlights and a pro day there won’t be many examples. 

That said I do trust Douglas and the CS decision on who they want which will include numerous variables 

Very good points. It’s the level of competition that concerns me with Wilson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not the popular opinion but I’ve been on record saying that I’m in total of favor of keeping Darnold AND drafting Wilson. 
 

I’m not going to pass on Wilson with all of that talent and I’m not going to let Darnold go for a 2nd round pick when we can see him excel in this offense. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I could swear that some of you literally just copy/paste your posts from the last QB Draft and repost them about the next QB draft.

Well in this case it is purely my own opinion based on watching game videos, where in the past I might just echo some analysts take on the player especially the positive one if we had drafted him. If Wilson sucks then my days of elaborating my thoughts on potential QBs is over. Of course if Wilson is a FQB maybe I don't need to have an opinion on some other QB for a really long time

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2021 at 9:32 AM, johnnysd said:

Except Wilson DOES do that stuff routinely in games. In basically every game there is a version of that throw. He does things like that all the time. I remember when we got Clemens I was really impressed with his highlight tape. Well pretty much every GAME tape of Wilson is better than the Clemens highlight reel. He is ridiculously dynamic.

The praise Wilson gets isn't that he CAN make those types of tough throws its that he makes those types of throws look easy because of his accuracy and velocity. TBD on if he will do that in the Pros, we will just have to wait and see but Darnold hasn't done that, not on a consistent basis as you say. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, PepPep said:

The praise Wilson gets isn't that he CAN make those types of tough throws its that he makes those types of throws look easy because of his accuracy and velocity. TBD on if he will do that in the Pros, we will just have to wait and see but Darnold hasn't done that, not on a consistent basis as you say. 

An interesting game to watch is the BYU USC game from last year. Michael Lombardi said that this tape is the reason why Wilson has sort of become locked in at #2. It was pre-hand injury against a Top 25 team and Wilson shows the same things in this game he did in 2020 and against way better competition.

Now he is not as polished and as sure in this game as he was in 2020, and the game is far from perfect:

He gets a couple balls tipped (he does look smaller too) and one should have been an easy interception.

He runs around a little like Manziel but shows good escapability. He makes a play takes a bigger sack but maybe a slight negative

He is under pressure a lot and gets sacked a few times

BUT on several plays he shows the uncanny accuracy and velocity he showed in 2020. Some of the throws are amazing. It is far from perfect but he shows the potential in that game of what he could be and then he became that in 2020. So it sort of validates that his play in 2020 was not an aberration and 2019 was a down year because of the injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2021 at 5:02 PM, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Big shock. Employee of ESPN mocks the Jets. 

We will be giving them plenty more to mock after we draft Wilson 2nd overall 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2021 at 6:04 PM, adb280z said:

ESPN mocks bad teams.  The Jets have been awful for most of the last decade.  They deserve mockery.

ESPN was the jet-hatred channel when we were going to AFCGs with Rex

 

Their entire staff is giants and patriots fans.  They are physically located in Connecticut that’s patriots/Giant country

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2021 at 4:47 PM, Jet Nut said:

Well Burrow was a one year wonder, didn't hurt him.  Mahomes played against weaker comp.  I look at his arm talent etc. 

seems pretty legit from the way he plays

Darnold would be an option to me except he will take a financial commitment and I don't know that we'll be in a position to draft a QB if Sam fails again.  I like Sam but there's too much working against him.  

 

Burrow got physically wrecked last year with no OLine.  And he didn’t have Wilson’s injury resume

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

ESPN was the jet-hatred channel when we were going to AFCGs with Rex

 

Their entire staff is giants and patriots fans.  They are physically located in Connecticut that’s patriots/Giant country

The Giants and Jets have huge fan bases that's why they are talked about constantly...if the Jets were located in Detroit or Minnesota they would be ignored.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2021 at 12:39 PM, Paradis said:

He woulda looked the same behind our OLINE with Gase

And yet he still would have made plays that Darnold, couldn't or wouldn't.  You watch Wilson and you see this guy is a play maker, he finds ways to get his guys the ball or get the extra yardage, get the first down etc. or whatever is necessary.  I have not seen that in Darnold in 3 years.   I bet he and Perriman would have clicked well together too.  Flacco developed more chemistry with Perriman in like 2 games than Sam did all year.   Look we know our oline was a mess but at some point we really have to look at Sam and his ability to lift players around him (he can't).  That is what I want out of a franchise quarterback.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Burrow got physically wrecked last year with no OLine.  And he didn’t have Wilson’s injury resume

What injury resume are you talking about?  Seriously, just because you keep saying it, doesn't make any less false.   Are you worried about Fields "injury resume" or Sams' who has missed 4-6 games EVERY YEAR?  Damn you are seriously like a broken record.  Can you at least find something else to whine about beside who BYU played and Wilsons "injury resume"?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

And yet he still would have made plays that Darnold, couldn't or wouldn't.  You watch Wilson and you see this guy is a play maker, he finds ways to get his guys the ball or get the extra yardage, get the first down etc. or whatever is necessary.  I have not seen that in Darnold in 3 years.   I bet he and Perriman would have clicked well together too.  Flacco developed more chemistry with Perriman in like 2 games than Sam did all year.   Look we know our oline was a mess but at some point we really have to look at Sam and his ability to lift players around him (he can't).  That is what I want out of a franchise quarterback.  

Totally. It’s not an excuse that has endless mileage. I agree. ...probably because of the field of worki do and education I have tho - is im speculating what we saw from Sam (steady decline) was a confluence of poor talent around him at all levels, coaching that was completely ineffective at crucial time (1weird year with bates as a rookie before captain eyeballs) and not scheming appropriately in the playbook. Basically his Confidence and competence torpedoed. That’s why he looked as bad as he did. 

21-22 year olds only have so much resiliency in the tank. Anyone implodes with enough time. Anyone. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2021 at 11:53 PM, adb280z said:

Often injured player is injured.  Can't blame him for bein injured.

Hopefully Wilson doesn’t tear his ACL running to the podium after JD drafts him

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, undertow said:

The Giants and Jets have huge fan bases that's why they are talked about constantly...if the Jets were located in Detroit or Minnesota they would be ignored.

True but the fans of our biggest rivals makeup the entire ESPN network

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...