New Orleans Saints CB Marshon Lattimore arrested in Cleveland,accused of possessing stolen gun

New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore arrested in Cleveland, accused of possessing stolen gun

Updated Mar 26, 5:38 PM; Posted Mar 26, 9:31 AM 
New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore (23) warms up before an NFL wild-card playoff football game against the Minnesota Vikings, Sunday, Jan. 5, 2020, in New Orleans.

New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore (23) warms up before an NFL wild-card playoff football game against the Minnesota Vikings, Sunday, Jan. 5, 2020, in New Orleans. Lattimore was arrested in Cleveland on Thursday. AP

Facebook Share
Twitter Share
shares

CLEVELAND, Ohio — New Orleans Saints cornerback and Cleveland native Marshon Lattimore was arrested late Thursday in Cleveland on suspicion of possessing a stolen gun, according to police.

The 24-year-old was booked into the Cuyahoga County Jail on a charge of receiving stolen property. Lattimore has not been formally charged.

UPDATE: Marshon Lattimore charged with possessing stolen gun, three others also charged

Jail records say Cleveland police’s gang investigators arrested Lattimore about 10:30 p.m. Thursday.

The records show three other men were arrested by the gang unit at the same time as Lattimore. One was arrested on suspicion of improperly handling a gun in a car and two were arrested on suspicion of having weapons under disability, meaning they illegally possessed a gun with a felony record.

Lattimore’s attorney, Marcus Sidoti, said the arrest amounted to a “misunderstanding.” 

Cleveland police spokeswoman Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia confirmed the arrest hours after cleveland.com/The Plain Dealer reported Lattimore’s arrest.

Ciaccia said in an email that police stopped the car Lattimore and the three others were in on East 97th Street and Carr Avenue for “multiple traffic violations.” Officers spotted a loaded gun inside the car, Ciaccia said.

Police searched the car and found Lattimore with a different loaded handgun that had been reported stolen from Euclid. Officers arrested the three others inside in the car on gun charges, and cited the driver for driving without working taillights.

Ciaccia said no other information on the arrest was available.

Lattimore is a three-time Pro Bowl selection and the 2017 Defensive Rookie of the Year. He starred at Glenville High School and Ohio State University before the Saints drafted him in the first round of the 2017 NFL draft.

Marshon Lattimore arrested Cleveland

Cleveland police on Thursday arrested New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore on a receiving stolen property charge.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

No one can tell me that football players in general are not stupider than the average person ......by a lot.

I’ve met a lot of athletes working clubs and football players aren’t the brightest but they’re a lot smarter then a lot of the other athletes I’ve met. I’d say boxers were dumbest. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’ve met a lot of athletes working clubs and football players aren’t the brightest but they’re a lot smarter then a lot of the other athletes I’ve met. I’d say boxers were dumbest. 

I'm not saying they are dumber intellectually, just that they do dumb stuff that gets them in trouble.

Now it could be sheer number of players but you hear more of these things about football players than the other sports.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

BKJ Robin    if I didn’t post that way you wouldnt be able to see the mug shot. Plus you can se it without your readers Enjoy 

FYI, in dark mode, you can’t see it at all...

13290C26-CFCA-414C-9BD2-54A6C1767DFB.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Choosing to participate in a sport where you get punched in the head. Not the brightest of ideas.

36 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Remember when Quinnen “The Bust” Williams was going to prison forever last year?

The difference between Wlliams and Robinson is that Williams is a licensed gun own owner and the gun was legal. Williams should have been way more informed about how he was transporting it. Although what I'm about to say isn't why Williams was initially arrested, driving through a state where your permit doesn't apply and getting caught doing it for a variety if reasons (mostly general stupidity) happens all the time, but not familiarizing yourself with current  gun laws where you'll be passing through is the most prevalent reason.

This is why when if let's say for exapmle you drive from NY to xyz state down south that driving around a state where you're no good or driving zig-zaggy through states where you are good can save you a lot of trouble in the end as annoying and time consuming as that can be. Psssst! A lot of folks drive through PA.

In Williams case it was how he was transporting his weapon, although the immediate question at the time was whether or not the gun was legal (it was). It was unloaded, but the ammo was just floating around loose with his socks and his underwear in his luggage. All of the other charges were dropped because luckily it wasn't a state line violation. He got a minor citation, and he won't be doing that again. Next time he'll store his ammo with his bras and angora sweaters.

The other difference here is that Damien Robinson was just a fcking idiot. It was mind-bending how long it took Herman Edwards to get rid of that guy. I almost threw Robinson's helmet myself but Kyle Turley did it for me. Yes, it really was Robinson's helmet. Know thy Jets history, get a little nauseous in the process, haha.

turley-helmet-throw.jpg

12 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I used to do charity work with Teddy Atlas and his foundation, he did a big event every year that I attended and there were a lot of boxers in attendance.  

You are so right

Though I loved talking with Chuck Wepner.  

9 hours ago, clayton163v said:

So did Plaxaco Burress . . .

PS - It's a bit of a stretch to call Robinson's items a gun.  It was a Bushmaster 223 with three 30 round magazines and 100 rounds of Ammo.  Oh my . . .

I normally go to the range with 1000 rounds of ammo and 5 to 10 mags as well as a 50 and 100 round drum.