Baldy's Breakdown... 39 minutes of Becton

It's just criminal.

What I take from this - since I've seen the clips before: how many times Frank Gore (even at 5MPH) would have gotten 10 yards had he run to the outside behind Becton's blocks, instead of cutting back up the middle and running into a pile of meat. Frank's problem last year wasn't effort: it was vision, or complete lack of it. It makes me think this years running game - with backs that have functioning eyeballs and some speed - will be fine, even if the improvement in the OL is modest across the line.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Bungaman said:

It's just criminal.

What I take from this - since I've seen the clips before: how many times Frank Gore (even at 5MPH) would have gotten 10 yards had he run to the outside behind Becton's blocks, instead of cutting back up the middle and running into a pile of meat. Frank's problem last year wasn't effort: it was vision, or complete lack of it. It makes me think this years running game - with backs that have functioning eyeballs and some speed - will be fine, even if the improvement in the OL is modest across the line.

I’m pretty sure that 14 out of 16 games, the first two scripted plays of the opening drive of those games was a handoff to Gore. The most predictable opening series game after game in the history of football. 

Sat there with my fiancé and called it every week “watch this, handoff to Gore, handoff to Gore”. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I’m pretty sure that 14 out of 16 games, the first two scripted plays of the opening drive of those games was a handoff to Gore. The most predictable opening series game after game in the history of football. 

Sat there with my fiancé and called it every week “watch this, handoff to Gore, handoff to Gore”. 

Nah.  The most predictable play was a draw when Herm was the coach.  Even Madden remarked "the Jets run too many draws".

• Upvote 1