Justin Fields Pro Day 3/30 (for those still holding on)

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

People need to stop hating on Justin Fields. 

Dude is a great prospect...but if you’re gonna draft him you have to commit to building an offense to his strengths, ala Cam Newton / Josh Allen.

They’re never gonna be Aaron Rogers, Patrick Mahomes, or Deshaun Watson accurate. You’re not designing timing routes where the ball needs to be on the $.

But they can push the ball down the field and take off for big gains.

Shouldn’t you build your offense around the strengths of whichever QB you draft? Is Wilson the rare QB that doesn’t require this?

18 minutes ago, football guy said:

Both Shanahan and Lynch will attend the Mac Jones workout over Justin Fields’s

Pretty bonkers to me, but hey, I’m just a fan.

if you had to mock these guys destinations as of today based on what you know, where would you go?

I’ve got it shaking out like this

Lawrence - JAX

Wilson - NYJ

Fields - CAR (I think they decide to go QB, unless they trade for Sam)

Lance - ATL

Jones - SF (I guess this is really gonna happen after hearing this information).

2 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

lance probably has to sit a year, but He's has a chance to be a monster.  probably the best physical tools of any QB in this draft.  I personally think he's going to be the 9ers pick at 3 and they'll let him sit a year behind jimmy G. 

Thats what I think, have been saying

I also might add, if SF wants Fields, why not wait until after his pro day to make the trade, what was the rush.  Unless they saw all they needed to see with Lance or more likely Jones on his pro day.  Now with the reports that SF is sending the B team to Fields pro day its pretty obvious hes fallen to 4th at best.

I know those who were bored watch pro days dont understand but teams want to see a QB throw live, want to see how the ball comes off his hand, how it rotates.  They also want to see how he acts, his demeanor live and of course talk a bit live. 

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

if you had to mock these guys destinations as of today based on what you know, where would you go?

Lawrence - JAX

Wilson - NYJ

Lance - ATL

Jones - SF (I guess this is really gonna happen after hearing this information).

Bill Bellicheats reaction to Jones to Carolina

lord of the rings moi GIF

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lawrence - JAX

Wilson - NYJ

Lance - ATL

Wait. How’s CAR getting to 3? And how’s SF getting to 5?

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

People need to stop hating on Justin Fields. 

Dude is a great prospect...but if you’re gonna draft him you have to commit to building an offense to his strengths, ala Cam Newton / Josh Allen.

They’re never gonna be Aaron Rogers, Patrick Mahomes, or Deshaun Watson accurate. You’re not designing timing routes where the ball needs to be on the $.

But they can push the ball down the field and take off for big gains.

People who dont want Fields just like Wilson more.

People who like Fields spend too much time on nonsense like Wilsons Uncle, his look, that hes only 6-3 215, etc.  I dont hear anyone whining about Fields face paint but Wilsons headband?  We can talk competition, theres real talk.  Fields and the questions about his inability to go to secondary WRs, scripted plays etc

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lawrence - JAX

Wilson - NYJ

Lance - ATL

These are all great fits in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jdub03 said:

These are all great fits in my opinion. 

I think that Fields and Jones should be swapped, but SF has their pick of two at 3 and I can’t ignore the fact that Shanny and Lynch are skipping Justin’s pro day to watch Mac Jones.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lawrence - JAX

Wilson - NYJ

Lance - ATL

Fields and Lance in the same division would be fun.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think that Fields and Jones should be swapped, but SF has their pick of two at 3 and I can’t ignore the fact that Shanny and Lynch are skipping Justin’s pro day to watch Mac Jones.

Yeah it is surprising. I wonder how many Top QBs get picked without the GM and HC present at there pro day.  It's possible Kyle knows enough about Justin through the QB connection, and wants to see Mac Jones up close.  I've heard some comping him to Matt Ryan, which is interesting because Kyle coached him. I think both would be successful in that system. I agree, I see Mac as a better fit in Carolina.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Lawrence - JAX

Wilson - NYJ

Lance - ATL

JAX: Lawrence
NYJ: Wilson 
SF: Jones 
CAR: Lance 
NE: Fields

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Both Shanahan and Lynch will attend the Mac Jones workout over Justin Fields’s

You really have to wonder how Fields' Zoom interviews with them could be going for them to at least not divide and conquer...

If Mac Jones is the presumed favorite to land in SF, does keeping Jimmy still make sense? By all accounts Mac is considered year 1 ready. I'm sure it would be nice to have both in case of injury and if you want to give Mac some time to adjust.

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

JAX: Lawrence
NYJ: Wilson 
SF: Jones 
CAR: Lance 
NE: Fields

To further elaborate: it's no secret that Shanahan is high on Mac Jones. I don't know what NE is really going for; they want Jimmy G but they showed they can run an offense with a mobile QB and have a good mentor in place if they were to take Fields. I'm not sold on Lance going to Carolina either, but for now this is how I have them. 

Ultimately, I'm really buying Lawrence-Wilson-Jones 1-2-3. I think SF wants Wilson, but are comfortable with Jones. 

9 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

You really have to wonder how Fields' Zoom interviews with them could be going for them to at least not divide and conquer...

It's the first QB pro-day Kyle is attending, and the fact that they're going to Mac's second pro-day (Alabama having 2) over going to OSU's speaks major volumes. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, football guy said:

It's the first QB pro-day Kyle is attending, and the fact that they're going to Mac's second pro-day (Alabama having 2) over going to OSU's speaks major volumes. 

Insane. 

time will tell in 2-3 years how that decision ages (I’m not low on Mac Jones ftr) but Lamar going at 32 in hindsight seems silly, But after the season Fields had - if he falls out of the top 10...

D4B4E247-592A-41E0-A009-3DCFB5791052.gif

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

No doubt. Still, it is silly smoke season. 

Any benefit to puffing up Jones if they really wanted someone else?