Justin Fields Pro Day 3/30 (for those still holding on)

5 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Lmao Lynch and Shanahan both have a “oh god what have we done” look on their face as Jones sails two deep balls 10 feet over the WRs head 

If JD gets wowed by Fields today I would tell Lynch if he wants to move up to 2 offer Bosa and a 2nd rounder. He might just bite.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

If JD gets wowed by Fields today I would tell Lynch if he wants to move up to 2 offer Bosa and a 2nd rounder. He might just bite.

That’ll never happen but could you imagine Bosa-Quinnen-Rankins/JFM-Lawson...holy sh*t 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

If Najee is there at 34.....I wouldn’t hate it

Same.  Some feel RB this high is a luxury pick and they are normally right, but this kid feels like he's got a little bit of that Tyler Rose magic to him.  It's weird, because I never realized Barkley was 230 lbs. because he never seems to run like it.  Harris runs like it. while also having speed and hands.  In the right system with the right OL in front of him, I think he's got an incredible ceiling.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

Jones had some misses on the long ones but has been very good on the short to mid range passes imo.

He slows down his receivers a lot tho. I think he adjusted to throwing safer versions of his throws. He has a nice zip on short throws.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Jones had some misses on the long ones but has been very good on the short to mid range passes imo.

yes, it's not the end of the world

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/dak-prescott-shows-good-bad-at-mississippi-state-pro-day/

Prescott tossed roughly 70 throws as he showed off good accuracy, footwork and a tighter release on the first 40 that were short. However, he began to struggle a little as his routine went to the intermediate and deeper throws at the Palmeiro Center in Starkville.

At one point, Prescott missed five consecutive passes while throwing deep corner routes. SEC Network’s Greg McElroy, a former Alabama QB, pointed out that Prescott’s elbow tends to drop as he throws intermediate to deep balls.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He slows down his receivers a lot tho. I think he adjusted to throwing safer versions of his throws. He has a nice zip on short throws.

Short throw accuracy is not talked about nearly enough. If I recall correctly, Fields is not great on short range passes. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Short throw accuracy is not talked about nearly enough. If I recall correctly, Fields is not great on short range passes. 

It’s Fields is average in the 0-5 range. Wilson is average in throws behind the line of scrimmage.