What are the reasons to not draft Kyle Pitts?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He’s not a Quaterback

I'll start with you like him. Red flag.  Giant Red Flag 😎

No good ones are available after Trevor at 1

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

Because this would be as bad as drafting a box safety this high. 

Pitts is going to be a way more valuable player than Adams

ditto for wilson and fields

• Post of the Week 1
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Like its true next years QB class is better

If Sam Howell was available this year we would be drafting him at 2.  It wouldn’t even be a debate and you would be his biggest fan ever

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

If Sam Howell was available this year we would be drafting him at 2.  It wouldn’t even be a debate and you would be his biggest fan ever

There isnt a QB next season rated as high as Lawrence, Fields and Wilson.  He may develop into a high pick but right now hes not anywhere near those three.  Would probably have added Lance to the three if not for COVID-19 taking his season away

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Because he’s a TE and the team has more pressing needs. If they take a QB then obviously that’s the 1st if they don’t the team needs another OT, IOL, CB, ED, WR and then RB and TE. If they can trade down a few spots and pick up a 2nd this year plus and then draft Pitts and get OL/CB/ED/WR with the next 4 picks then get Gainwell, I’ll start wanking it. 

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Look up the history of the Jets drafting first round TEs... Not a promising trend. Which isn't to say Pitts will bust but history is not on the Jets' side.

We are not exactly know for picking quality QBs either 

2 hours ago, adobolo2 said:

We are not exactly know for picking quality QBs either 

And not taking players at a position because of past drafting history would probably clog the whole draft down with teams afraid to draft certain positions because of past history

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We cry about positional rankings when we talk about a Adams then want to draft a TE @2?  I get hes a freak but hes a freak TE and is still a TE.

What if he was a WR? 

• Upvote 1

The only reason you pick Pitts is if you trade down. And even then I’d rather have Jamarr Chase before Pitts. 

Only reason to trade down would be to stay with Darnold. The only reason to stay with Darnold is because we could get minimum 3 1st round picks for the #2 overall.

If Joe Douglas decides to stay with Darnold it’s because he wants those picks - if that’s the case then fine - I’ll accept it. But to say Darnold potential/ceiling is still higher then Wilsons or Fields is nonsense. Even as a prospect his ceiling was Tony Romo who was a flawed QB comparison too. Zach and Fields offer more - it’s just a matter of if that value is greater than the value we could get from trading out of #2

• Post of the Week 1
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

The only legitimate reason is Penei Sewell is an equally great OL prospect and we desperately need OL too besides playmakers

I don't  know if we should take a TE. It will be much harder to debate that he doesn't play at a premium position and should be traded when he is due for a new contract.

I just hope Joe channels his inner Ozzie Newsome and trades back to  4 or 8 which will give the Jets a haul of draft picks they desperately need to improve this team. It's a smart bet for Joe to have more premium draft picks in '21, '22, and '23. I don't want to put all our eggs in the Zach Wilson basket. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, C Mart said:

What if he was a WR? 

A little better but I dont know.  Chase at two if we had our QB would be interesting but still think I could find better ways to use that pick

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

The only legitimate reason is Penei Sewell is an equally great OL prospect and we desperately need OL too besides playmakers

Agree. Jets have a ton of holes to fill. Pitts looks like a monster but so does Sewell. I'd be happy with either one but I lean towards Sewell.

It would be great if JD was able to swing a trade down and then is able to grab either of these guys along with extra draft picks.

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And not taking players at a position because of past drafting history would probably clog the whole draft down with teams not wanting to draft 

I know that I was only pointing out that everyone wants a qb but not a TE because our history of picking TE is not great.

If we trade back then Pitts is by far the best option if we stay at #2 it can only be wilson/fields.

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Sam Darnold.

Playing with Kyle Pitts would be the first time Darnold has played with a TE on the field as a pro athlete. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A little better but I dont know.  Chase at two if we had our QB would be interesting but still think I could find better ways to use that pick

Understood. I guess I wouldn’t rule out taking a TE that high if his talents would greatly improve an offense by dictating coverage, his production, etc...

• Upvote 2