What are the reasons to not draft Kyle Pitts?

Philc1

5 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

No offense but you are really making a fool of yourself.  Please stop, you are a better poster than this. 

Damn Blue, that was pretty dickish. 

Everyone can argue their view, but to insult a guy cause he disagrees with you?  

No one is a fool because you say so.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Yes you're correct in that we have a nice amount of picks. But trading down to add an ADDITIONAL  3 to 4 premium picks in the next couple of years would be an awesome way to build towards sustainable success.  

For God sakes, build a team. And your QB will be better. Maybe much better. 

Did you see what the 49ers traded to move up to 3?   We are at 2 so that would be the starting point for a trade; now what team do you think is willing to trade all of that to move up?   I don't see anyone doing that at this point no matter how much Jet fans may want it.   I am sure JD would and is fielding calls from teams to move up but after the Dolphins-49ers trade, the price just went up, drastically.  

16 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Damn Blue, that was pretty dickish. 

Everyone can argue their view, but to insult a guy cause he disagrees with you?  

No one is a fool because you say so.

Sorry but it is not about disagreeing with him.  It is him stating that Pitts should be taken at 2 over Wilson or Fields.   To say that a the top rated TE should be taken at 2 before the top rated Quarterbacks is foolish.  Sorry, but you know it and so does he.   Now if he had said trade down and take Pitts I would understand but is totally ridiculous to think any quarterback needy team in their right mind would pass over Wilson or Fields to take Pitts.   By the way who are you his mother?  I'm sure he can fight his own battles... 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Good player, fine prospect,

Now name me all the TE's picked really high that were pro bowlers on a regular basis and real difference makers.

Exactly. Tight end is by far the hardest position to project at the next level. 

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sewell isn’t even the defacto #1 prospect at his position. Slater is ahead of him on multiple boards.

And in other reports Slater may get moved to the guard position because he has shorter arms.  Similar to Rober Gallery who was selected as a Left Tackle never really got his due because they switched him to Guard.  Slater may head that way.

Either way my friend, I don't believe anything this time of year.

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The only legitimate reason is Penei Sewell is an equally great OL prospect and we desperately need OL too besides playmakers

I mean it would be exciting to select Pitts and then with 23 select Eitienne.  Then you can take best OT/Guard with your second round pick.

• Sympathy 1

On 3/28/2021 at 1:46 PM, JetBlue said:

Sorry but it is not about disagreeing with him.  It is him stating that Pitts should be taken at 2 over Wilson or Fields.   To say that a the top rated TE should be taken at 2 before the top rated Quarterbacks is foolish.  Sorry, but you know it and so does he.   Now if he had said trade down and take Pitts I would understand but is totally ridiculous to think any quarterback needy team in their right mind would pass over Wilson or Fields to take Pitts.   By the way who are you his mother?  I'm sure he can fight his own battles... 

but Wilson and fields are both going to suck 

• Thumb Down 1

On 3/28/2021 at 9:23 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

If drafted by a team that understands how best to use him, Pitts is a matchup nightmare.  Jimmy Graham is a good example. Sean Peyton knew how to use him and in years 2 through 5 in New Orleans Graham averaged over 137 targets and 88 receptions per season. In the 6 seasons since leaving New Orleans, Graham's high for targets and receptions in any season were 96 and 65. 

I've got no problem picking Pitts, but if he's picked he has to be utilized to his full potential and leaned on heavily.

Trask should be going in round 5 he’s going to end up being a 2nd or 3rd rd pick thanks to...Kyle Pitts

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Trask should be going in round 5 he’s going to end up being a 2nd or 3rd rd pick thanks to...Kyle Pitts

The New York Jets are not drafting Kyle Pitts at #2 and are very unlikely to trade out of the pick unless they get a package more valuable than San Francisco got. Your "Wilson is a tween doo doo head" act is tiresome at worst and boring at best. You're boring. Boring. STFU. Boring. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Boring. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

If I told you that you could have Kelce vs Herbert right now for their entire careers and I would let you start Kelce career over so he’d be a rookie, who’d you take?  I think you’d be a fool to not say Herbert and you’ve only seen 15 games.  

All I’m saying is if you hit on the QB then nothing else matters.  Take a shot to be great!!

• Upvote 2

It’s funny a month ago Sewell was being talked about as being the best LT prospect in a generation, maybe ever. 
Now it’s likely he’s not even the best LT in a single draft? 
People keep using that word “generational”.
I do not think that word means what they think it does. 

People love to use because that’s what Lawrence was billed as, so it shows you how good the prospect is.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • WTF? 1

On 3/30/2021 at 4:16 AM, Bull said:

If I told you that you could have Kelce vs Herbert right now for their entire careers and I would let you start Kelce career over so he’d be a rookie, who’d you take?  I think you’d be a fool to not say Herbert and you’ve only seen 15 games.  

All I’m saying is if you hit on the QB then nothing else matters.  Take a shot to be great!!

Your post made me stop and think for a second. Your question is hard to answer because  who is throwing the ball to Kelce and who is Herbert throwing to ball to? It's a team game and there are only about 4 QBs in the nfl who elevate their team without the need for top talent around them. Pitts is been sold to us as a "generational" playmaker, can he elevate Darnold, most likely, will it be enough to warrant taking him instead of wilson? We won't know that answer for a few years yet.

25 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

People love to use because that’s what Lawrence was billed as, so it shows you how good the prospect is.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I get that, but a propect can't be "generational" if in the very same draft, folks think another tackle is better.  Can't have 2 generational players at the same position in the same draft.

Generational means "once in a generation".  Not twice in the same draft.

He may be better or Slater may be better but if there's a question, the phrase loses its meaning.

And whether a propect is "generational" or not is not predictive of how good he will actually be--it's simply draft lingidy.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Your post made me stop and think for a second. Your question is hard to answer because  who is throwing the ball to Kelce and who is Herbert throwing to ball to? It's a team game and there are only about 4 QBs in the nfl who elevate their team without the need for top talent around them. Pitts is been sold to us as a "generational" playmaker, can he elevate Darnold, most likely, will it be enough to warrant taking him instead of wilson? We won't know that answer for a few years yet.

If we think Pitts is generational and can make Sam an above avearge QB, you still can't take him at 2.  You have to at least trade down to 4.  You can't hand Atlanta a potential franchise QB without making them pay.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

If we think Pitts is generational and can make Sam an above avearge QB, you still can't take him at 2.  You have to at least trade down to 4.  You can't hand Atlanta a potential franchise QB without making them pay.

I agree, taking Pitts at #2 would be a hard sell to the fan base with so many highly rated QBs on the board. I don't see a trade happening and it's most likely Wilson, the only outside chance if it happening is a trade with the 49ers for #3 overall but again it looks unlikely.

2 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

I agree, taking Pitts at #2 would be a hard sell to the fan base with so many highly rated QBs on the board. I don't see a trade happening and it's most likely Wilson, the only outside chance if it happening is a trade with the 49ers for #3 overall but again it looks unlikely.

We can't trade with SF--they've given up all their draft capital. Pretty much Atlanta is it.

Personally, I'm drafting Wilson and hoping to grab Freiermuth, Tremble, Long or Jordan later on.  

19 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Name the generational TEs and WRs that have led their teams to Super Bowls. Kelce didn’t win anything without Mahomes. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Name the generational TEs and WRs that have led their teams to Super Bowls. Kelce didn’t win anything without Mahomes. 

I'm not saying Pitts will tip us over the edge and we are in superbowl contention. Brady looked finished at the patriots surrounded by average talent, Mahomes looked good in the superbowl but didn't score a touchdown without his tackels. As I said it's a team game. 

I wanted Pitts when we had to opportunity to trade back and get extra picks, do I want him at #2, probably not.

22 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

We can't trade with SF--they've given up all their draft capital. Pretty much Atlanta is it.

Personally, I'm drafting Wilson and hoping to grab Freiermuth, Tremble, Long or Jordan later on.  

It was discussed in one of the other Pitts treads, but a player and their second rounder might get it done. 

1 minute ago, adobolo2 said:

I'm not saying Pitts will tip us over the edge and we are in superbowl contention. Brady looked finished at the patriots surrounded by average talent, Mahomes looked good in the superbowl but didn't score a touchdown without his tackels. As I said it's a team game. 

I wanted Pitts when we had to opportunity to trade back and get extra picks, do I want him at #2, probably not.

Pitts is going to be much more valuable in the NFL than Zach Wilson

Same goes for Sewell

• Thumb Down 2

10 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

I’m not saying Wilson is gonna be generational but if both players are really good, you’re closer to a super bowl if the QB is really good than you are if a playmaker is really good. Brady looked finished in NE but they still made the playoffs with him and didn’t without him. 

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Pitts is going to be much more valuable in the NFL than Zach Wilson

Same goes for Sewell

His collage carrier would say you are correct.

Sewell will be a great player but would mean we have to let Becton go in 3/4 years when he wants left tackel money, but 4 years is a long time in the NFL.

10 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

It was discussed in one of the other Pitts treads, but a player and their second rounder might get it done. 

I can't do that.  Considering what they gave up to get to 3, that's just not enough to get the QB they really want.

Besides, if they really want Jones, they don't need us.