What are the reasons to not draft Kyle Pitts?

Philc1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I can't do that.  Considering what they gave up to get to 3, that's just not enough to get the QB they really want.

Besides, if they really want Jones, they don't need us.  

I'm finding it extremely difficult to believe they gave up their future for jones a month out from the draft. I really like Mac but a whole three first rounders for him!

5 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

I'm finding it extremely difficult to believe they gave up their future for jones a month out from the draft. I really like Mac but a whole three first rounders for him!

Jones Fields Lance, doesn't matter.  They have their guy pegged knowing Wilson was likely off the board, and they have no ammo left to entice the Jets to move.  

It's Atlanta or Carolina and at 8, you may not get Pitts if that's the motivation.

Doesn't matter really. It's Wilson.  Let's pray he's the one.  

48 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

His collage carrier would say you are correct.

Sewell will be a great player but would mean we have to let Becton go in 3/4 years when he wants left tackel money, but 4 years is a long time in the NFL.

Our only real success as an organization last 30 years we built the offensive line into a top 3 unit

• Upvote 1

I get that, but a propect can't be "generational" if in the very same draft, folks think another tackle is better.  Can't have 2 generational players at the same position in the same draft.
Generational means "once in a generation".  Not twice in the same draft.
He may be better or Slater may be better but if there's a question, the phrase loses its meaning.
And whether a propect is "generational" or not is not predictive of how good he will actually be--it's simply draft lingidy.

Oh I completely agree. Sewell isn’t better than Slater IMHO. I’m just giving you why I think people starting using it. Trevor Lawrence is the crown jewel of this class and the best prospect since Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 3/29/2021 at 10:56 PM, pdxgreen said:

Well... Jets and drafting TE's? 

(Yeah.  I am going to excuse myself from this conversation.)

Based on that logic the lions shouldn’t have drafted Calvin Johnson because Millen had whiffed on WRs the previous 5 years in a row

• WTF? 1

28 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We lost because we had the league’s worst roster and the league’s worst coach

With that logic we should change coaches (check) and trade down for more picks and NOT pick pitts. I COULD get behind a trade down for Sewell for a nice return, but if Zach Wilson becomes mahomes...

23 hours ago, adobolo2 said:

No way, did you not hear about the QB from Bowling Green that has been carrying and injury this year but is going to blow away everyone next year and rise from the 5th round to a top 5 overall pick.

Hes not worth a top 2 pick unless he’s already had shoulder surgery and his highlight reel is facing Navy and Western Kentucky

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/2/2021 at 6:51 PM, GreenFish said:

We need a QB.

Next question.

Plus WR/TE have a high bust rate. There’s no guarantee he’ll be an all world TE. We have 2 first round WRs are on team as example.

And QBs don’t have a high bust rate?

On 3/28/2021 at 7:21 AM, Philc1 said:

The only legitimate reason is Penei Sewell is an equally great OL prospect and we desperately need OL too besides playmakers

1) We need a QB

2) Passing on both Pitts and Sewell (which we're doing, buckle up) will make you cry

On 4/4/2021 at 9:35 AM, Philc1 said:

And QBs don’t have a high bust rate?

there's an equal chance of a player being a bust from almost every position.

however, i can't think of the last time someone said "team x won the super bowl because their TE carried them."  heck, i'm not sure how many times you can say that a TE carried a team to a regular season win, let alone a super bowl.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetblue95 said:

however, i can't think of the last time someone said "team x won the super bowl because their TE carried them."  heck, i'm not sure how many times you can say that a TE carried a team to a regular season win, let alone a super bowl.

0 times

But that 40 time!!!

2 hours ago, jetblue95 said:

2 hours ago, Tranquilo said:

0 times

But that 40 time!!!

Travis Kelce and Rob Gronkowski say hi