Panthers Disaster?

4 minutes ago, Jdub03 said:

What is the likelihood that both the Jets and 49ers have interest in two different QBs? If yes, I'd love to do a pick swap package.  Keeping the illusion of a trade to Carolina open might be enough to convince SF to do this.  Now if SF and the Jets want the same guy, then no, your stay and take ur guy.

See @YankeeJet22  response above....and if they don't go down I have feeling that SF knows something.  

The Shannahan family don't play dice games.

They know either they can trade-up or the Jets if they stay put are not doing what folks think they will.

Cause there is no doubt in my mind that the 49ers want Zach Wilson.......

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

I posted this scenario shortly after SF moved to 3. A trade between the two may have already been agreed upon. 

I think so too!

That is why the 49ers could honestly say that they didn't call the Jets, they didn't have to!

Let's Go Jets!! :) 

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Also, apparently the player's union wants a completely virtual offseason again. Ludicrous if you ask me. We just played an entire season and was OK

Yeah, my girlfriend would like to “work from home,” for another year, too, por favor. 

6 minutes ago, slats said:

What if the “report,” that the Eagles would only move up for Wilson is complete and total fabricated bull****? What if that “leaked,” as a way for Roseman to help his buddy out to boost the value of that #2 pick. 

Everything other than the Eagles traded down to add more picks is speculation. Trading down could’ve been all they ever really wanted to do. 

Wonder if Philly is making a play for Darnold... trade ultimately from 6 to 23, pick up Darnold and a 1st next year.  Not a bad haul.  And they still pick at 23.  Jets get the 12th pick... I do think the Jets may be trying to use Darnold to move up in the 1st.  Philly, Carolina are pretty desperate.  Less so Denver.  Also can’t rule out Pittsburgh in late first.   Rothlisberger is on fumes.

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

I think it's possible yes. I don't know if Fred Warner is a player they would give up, but I'm sure there will be some exploratory talks and likely already happened at the pro day 

I am thinking that the Jets by getting a Young MLB in Fred Warner is like getting another 1st Round Pick-Up who is proven and who could set up the Jets defense for a decade. 

So you would have a swap of picks 2 for 3, Warner, and some 2 Seconds..... That could get it done in my opinion and the Jets could drop down again or even take that generational OL player or TE if they stay at 3 to boot!!!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The fact the the 9ers (Saleh's old team we have a great relationship with) traded to 3 instead of with us and that the Eagles (JDs old team) were reported by Rapaport to have been interested in trading up to 3 but only for WIlson tells you everything you need to know.

We're drafting Zach Wilson at 2.

It could be that SF knew that JD wouldn't drop down to #12 and I don't think they had enough draft ammo to make that trade worthwhile for the Jets.

Although SF grabbing the #3 spot increases the value of our #2 spot. If Atlanta or Carolina absolutely want Wilson they can jump SF and JD would still have his choice of non-QB premium positional players while adding a ton of draft picks.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You are in Mexico are you not?  Or am I thinking of someone else o these forums?

I am. My gf has been here a month on and off since last March. She’s not looking forward to a return to the office. 

1 minute ago, Big_Slick said:

It could be that SF knew that JD wouldn't drop down to #12 and I don't think they had enough draft ammo to make that trade worthwhile for the Jets.

Although SF grabbing the #3 spot increases the value of our #2 spot. If Atlanta or Carolina absolutely want Wilson they can jump SF and JD would still have his choice of non-QB premium positional players while adding a ton of draft picks.

It just seems incredibly unlikely that if the Jets weren’t taking a QB they would have turned down the package the Dolphins took — which was “by the numbers” a big overpay.

The allure of two future first round picks seems to matter so much more than picking 8th or 12th if you aren’t taking a QB.

It’s not written in stone but the evidence at this point strongly indicates the Jets are taking Wilson at 2.

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I don’t think the Jets were willing to go down to #12, and that a comp 3rd rounder wasn’t gonna be good enough for this year’s draft. The fish actually hurt their draft position this year for a future first, seems like a lot of folks don’t get that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, slats said:

I don’t think the Jets were willing to go down to #12, and that a comp 3rd rounder wasn’t gonna be good enough for this year’s draft. The fish actually hurt their draft position this year for a future first, seems like a lot of folks don’t get that. 

Bam!!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, section314 said:

They're not out of the top 10 now. Wasn't the Philly move to get Wentz 2 teams? Just throw this out there....let's say they offer us #3 plus either Kittle or Bosa? We make that trade, our phone would be ring off the hook.

If JD is intent on rolling it again with Sam it might not take very much to swap #2 for #3 with SF if that was the best trade offer he received. Kittle or Bosa are out of the question. SF would never part with their best non-QB players but I'd take SF's 2nd round at #43 OA.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

I think so too! FWIW

That is why the 49ers could honestly say that they didn't call the Jets, they didn't have to!

Let's Go Jets!! :) 

I mentioned this in another thread. When Philly traded up for Wentz. , they made two trades. Lynch got up to 3. If Jets have Wilson/Fields even, or prefer Sam, doesn't really mattter. Lynch wants Wilson, offer to swap picks, and SF throws in a player. McGlinchey, Bosa or Kittle might work.? FWIW...JD, Lynch and Saleh spent a bunch of time together watching Wilson. I know It was cool for Lynch and Saleh to catch up, but.......

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

If JD is intent on rolling it again with Sam it might not take very much to swap #2 for #3 with SF if that was the best trade offer he received. Kittle or Bosa are out of the question. SF would never part with their best non-QB players but I'd take SF's 2nd round at #43 OA.

That’s fair value... 70 points over value which would be equal to a mid 4th. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Good Take..

But MLB Fred Warner might not be out of the question.  And we also have a quality MLB we can give back should that be needed....

• Upvote 1

guys i think your giving JD too much credit for being some genius mastermind with all these trades out of 2 with SF for 3 talk.

hes either staying a 2... or he is an idiot.

if he trades for #3 then he just got played by Miami. blowing fake smoke signals up everyone's A*s. thinking hes the smartest guy in the room.

making everyone think hes drafting Wilson so SF doesn't even call them. so Miami does the trade to 12. AND THEN trade to 6 with Phila. now their the smartest guy in the room.

if he didnt like Wilson it could have been us.

no hes not a mastermind. hes staying at 2 and drafting Wilson

• Upvote 1

Just read an article that San Francisco trade to 3 to get Wilson but trading again to 2. Seems no one wants to accept that in all likelihood the Jets are moving on from Darnold. The mental gymnastics people are doing to come up with scenarios for the Jets not taking Wilson is actually pretty funny.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Who are these Darnold Truthers you speak of?

Are you suggesting that those in favor of trading down, accumulating significant draft capital, and building the team without a rookie QB at #2 are wrong? 

Are you better than them because your opinion is “better”? 

Don't bother dude....Lumpy's got an agenda.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, choon328 said:

The NFL is a precedent league. The future picks angle has been set. You can ask for any picks that you want but you're not getting a 2nd and 3rd this year while also getting multiple firsts. A 2nd this year is equal to a 1st next year.  A 3rd this year is equal to a 2nd next year. The 49ers gave up what equals up to 2 2nds and a 4th this year to move up from 12-3. Carolina or Denver also have a higher pick than SF, that matters. The only thing extra the Jets may get that the Dolphins didn't would be a 3rd or 4th this year on top of what the Dolphins got.

The Jets are in a more desperate situation for a long term QB then both Denver and Carolina yet you think they're willing to give up what you suggested to get Wilson? If they're willing to give up that much to get him then why would you think the Jets think less of Wilson then they do? If they would pay any price wouldn't it be reasonable to think the Jets value in him is similar and they would not trade out for any price? You guys are blinded by Darnold. 

And I've wanted Watson this whole offseason not Wilson but that dream is dead now. So,  yes,  now I want Wilson. I can not fathom how they could let a guy who is statistically the worst starting QB the last 2 years and misses 25% of the games each season lead this team onto the field next season. It will be another lost season and more arguments after the season from the Darnold brigade about how he should be franchised bc he threw 18 tds and 15 ints and led us to 7 wins. 

A desirable place for FA QB's? Go look below and point out the QB you want leading this team next year when Darnold fails. 

So after you realize there are no FA options the next step is getting a guy in the draft again. And if you don't want to trade the majority of the picks you just acquired then you're looking at a lesser prospect than the 1 you could've grabbed this year. That QB would most likely have to sit a year. Now you've wasted 2 years. 

None of the trade down argument makes sense unless Darnold plays really well next year. I guess that's a bet you're willing to take. I'm not. 

EDIT: Almost forgot. Nobody and I mean nobody is accepting a package of 23 or 34 and Darnold and giving us a top 10 pick in a top heavy draft. That would put a value on Darnold of a late 1st to mid 2nd. His value at its highest is a late 3rd.

Screenshot_20210328-141143_Samsung Internet.jpg

You are so lost dude...

21 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

Bridgewater isnt that bad. He’s lower a mid tier QB. Build a good team around him and you can have some success. 

Problem is he’s not good enough to overcome a mediocre roster and mediocre coaching staff which is exactly what the panthers have

11 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Just read an article that San Francisco trade to 3 to get Wilson but trading again to 2. Seems no one wants to accept that in all likelihood the Jets are moving on from Darnold. The mental gymnastics people are doing to come up with scenarios for the Jets not taking Wilson is actually pretty funny.

I know we are taking Sam Bradford 2.0 at 2nd overall