In last 12 Years including this year, Jets will have used (3) 1st round Picks, (6) 2nd round Picks, and (2) 4th round picks on Quarterbacks

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's almost like QB's have a hard time developing on a sh*t roster.

It's three things, sh*t QB, sh*t roster and sh*t coaching.

Improving one only improves the others marginally.  All three have to be fixed.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I do wonder if any of this plays into Douglas’ decision-making, and the fact that he seems to have a relationship with Darnold’s parents. Just simply on a human level, you’d think it’d be a factor into how Douglas handles this. 

There better not be a human element based on liking his parents.  Thats well and good if he was a good QB and you happened to have a relationship with the parents.

But JD is the general manager of a football team and has to make decisions based on that, not warm fuzzy feelings.  

Hes taking Wilson

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I'd love to have seen Darnold play with the team that Sanchez stepped into. 

From a coaching/schematic perspective, I'm optimistic we're putting whomever we draft into a healthy situation. 

From a talent perspective, I still think we're a ways away. 

Sign Minshew, have him start the season - especially if we don't get any day 1 offensive line starters in the draft, and let New Zach City get his chance sometime after week 8, or even week 12 if the offensive line play is anywhere near as bad as last year. 

Minshew is under contract and must be traded for. there were reports that SF was interested before the trade. 

Minshew is better than Sam. i dont believe having a QB controversy is good for a rookie QB. same as keeping Sam only worst cause Minshew can be a starter. 

but thats why Minshew will be traded. nobody puts anybody that can hurt their rookie QB on the team. its either a vet who has no chance of starting, or a nobody who has no chance of starting. you dont keep your old young FQB to compete with your new young FQB.

and when Minshew gets traded that will take another QB needy team off the market for those who still have hope of a trade down. and Mock drafts have Mac Jones still available at 8 for Carolina. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Still don't think they're drafting Wilson.

*Edit:  if we start another 15 threads assuming he is picked, that could change my mind.

there's one thing that scares me. SF gave up a ton to move up to 3 knowing they cant have Wilson. what do they see that we dont? they must think whoever it is can be a great QB.

and as the OP has pointed out our inability to draft a FQB no matter who our GM is and SF one of the best run franchises in the NFL... no matter who there GM is

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, doitny said:

Minshew is under contract and must be traded for. there were reports that SF was interested before the trade. 

Minshew is better than Sam. i dont believe having a QB controversy is good for a rookie QB. same as keeping Sam only worst cause Minshew can be a starter. 

but thats why Minshew will be traded. nobody puts anybody that can hurt their rookie QB on the team. its either a vet who has no chance of starting, or a nobody who has no chance of starting. you dont keep your old young FQB to compete with your new young FQB.

and when Minshew gets traded that will take another QB needy team off the market for those who still have hope of a trade down. and Mock drafts have Mac Jones still available at 8 for Carolina. 

First off, thanks for the clarification on Minshew - thought he was a free agent, my bad. 

Second, I could see the team that plans to sit their rookie quarterback trading for Minshew. But if it's the 49ers, they might as well just stick with Jimmy G at that point. 

I guess I'm just most concerned with throwing in another rookie quarterback behind a shaky offensive line. I'm entertaining veteran options to start in place of said rookie as a contingency in case our picks don't line up with offensive line talent (after pick 2, of course). 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Alka said:

And you just gave another solid reason why the Jets suck.  Had they gotten Mahomes or Watson, we would be using our #2 pick for a much different player now, wouldn't we?

It would probably not be the #2 pick...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.