Do You Think Deshaun Watson Still An Option?

PCP63

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

That story has gone cold already, my dude. As reprehensible as you find the accusations, unless the cops get after it or one of the accusers wants to step up and share the Insta DMs, Watson is going to skate, sooner than later. 

2007689402_giphy(71).gif.36091e1a12d8a29a1665926dace1ed6d.gif

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

We need to trade for D. Watson so he make our existing oline better, then we have no need for drafting any oline in this years draft.  Kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

QB competence has no bearing on OL play, says Beerfish. 

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not entirely sure, but we’ll see.  Either way, and I know that this is just a personal opinion based on my own morals, I’m ok with passing on him regardless.  I just find what he’s being accused of to be absolutely abhorrent and also feel like the chances of 22 woman coming together to make up matching stories are highly unlikely.  Let some other team sell their soul.  I didn’t root for Vick and hate Big Ben, I won’t be hoping for someone like Deshaun to join this team anytime soon.

Technically, we’ve only heard Buzbee’s version of events, however. This can change, obviously, and we can hate what Deshaun is accused of, but until the story evolves a bit, it remains to be seen what (if), exactly, Watson gets punished for. Ultimately, it comes down to this: if the Jets back out, then Watson is a Panther, Niner, or Patriot, and exactly no one is talking about these masseuses in three weeks, much less so if he’s raising Lombardis for his next team.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

When you say ball, do you mean top 10 type or middle of road type? Watson is straight up top 5. Anything less than top 10-15 from Tua I see Watson back in play for Miami. 

I don't see it...fins are all in on Tua. Also, Watson and his antics don't fit in the culture as of now. 

Let the season play out...Tua is 100% healthy now, so we will see. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Technically, we’ve only heard Buzbee’s version of events, however. This can change, obviously, and we can hate what Deshaun is accused of, but until the story evolves a bit, it remains to be seen what (if), exactly, Watson gets punished for. Ultimately, it comes down to this: if the Jets back out, then Watson is a Panther, Niner, or Patriot, and exactly no one is talking about these masseuses in three weeks, much less so if he’s raising Lombardis for his next team.  

Plus the number of woman you’ve made feel uncomfortable over the years far exceeds 22 right? That’s like a single summer. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not entirely sure, but we’ll see.  Either way, and I know that this is just a personal opinion based on my own morals, I’m ok with passing on him regardless.  I just find what he’s being accused of to be absolutely abhorrent and also feel like the chances of 22 woman coming together to make up matching stories are highly unlikely.  Let some other team sell their soul.  I didn’t root for Vick and hate Big Ben, I won’t be hoping for someone like Deshaun to join this team anytime soon.

This, this and this, a million times over.

Some things are more important than winning, and I’d prefer us to be a losing team who don’t employ sexual predators, than a winning team who welcomes them with open arms. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

All fair points that I can’t really disagree with.  Like I said, I can only speak for myself. 

• Upvote 1

Even before these allegations there was a problem with the Jets meeting Houston's trade demands. Since DW would be playing on a team as bad or worse than last years where he demanded a trade or he would sit out six months after singing a four year contract extension.

Why would anyone think that he wouldn't do the same thing to the Jets. Demand a trade or sit out after one season and with the NY and national media the Jets would have to cave and end up receiving far less in trade value than we paid.

43 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

When you say ball, do you mean top 10 type or middle of road type? Watson is straight up top 5. Anything less than top 10-15 from Tua I see Watson back in play for Miami. 

and they have the 1st rd picks now to blow anyone away with there offer.

the only hope we have is if this DW stuff is settled by draft day and Houston loves a QB in the draft as says they want our 2OA pick. unless they love Jones who should be there with Miami's 6th pick

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

How refreshing. A football fan with principals.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

No and IF the Jets trade down by any chance it could be a big stroke of luck next year when we are sitting there with at least three 1st rounders all of which we know the placement and could pay a much smaller price to get him than this year.

but the much smaller price would be now. 

right now you can assume a suspension  would be a year cause the NFL has come down extra hard on these type of things. so right there your paying less for having him a year without being able to play. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

The Johnsons would have to sell the team before you saw this...

why do some people think that Woody is a pillar of progressiveness. 

he runs in the same circles as Kraft and Ross. and they would trade for Watson in a second

forget what you seen these last 4 years, that was his brother Chris. that's not Woody. and hes the boss

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

but the much smaller price would be now. 

right now you can assume a suspension  would be a year cause the NFL has come down extra hard on these type of things. so right there your paying less for having him a year without being able to play. 

This is kinda what I was getting at. Price is at an all time low. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Obviously, everything is up in the air with the allegations. Personally, after seeing the texts, I could see the allegations as either not being true, or one of them being true with the others hopping on just for settlements. That said, I have to wonder what the price would be to trade for him right now. Would HOU accept far less because of the chance he is guilty, and is suspended? If so, for us, is it worth the risk? 

This is all assuming you don't think Wilson is the guy.

Nevermind the assets you would have to give up just to obtain him. If you were an owner of a team would you want to be dealing with this?  

Move along. 

The timing is terrible for him. If it turns out that he is exonerated in court it won’t be until his name and reputation are toast 

he needs a situation where scooby takes the mask off of the lawyer and it’s belicheat at this point 

The NFL is programming content to sell products on television 

the advertisers can scare the crap out of the networks who pay billions for the rights 

the networks call roger and have a lot of influence on whet type of transgressions are taboo

in this current climate, attempted rub and tug chicanery with women that are actual professionals is radioactive 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

The timing is terrible for him. If it turns out that he is exonerated in court it won’t be until his name and reputation are toast 

he needs a situation where scooby takes the mask off of the lawyer and it’s belicheat at this point 

The NFL is programming content to sell products on television 

the advertisers can scare the crap out of the networks who pay billions for the rights 

the networks call roger and have a lot of influence on whet type of transgressions are taboo

in this current climate, attempted rub and tug chicanery with women that are actual professionals is radioactive 

that was funny with scooby and the mask. LMAO

so do you think he gets a lifetime ban? if the networks have a problem today, will they still have one in 18 months when next season starts? see the biggest deal is the criminal case.  if there is no evidence then there will always be that doubt. 

he will probably lose in civil court. the burden of proof is much less there.

and that i never understood. it happened to OJ too. he was found not guilty in criminal court, but civil court found him guilty and forced him to pay the families for their deaths. 

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That story has gone cold already, my dude. As reprehensible as you find the accusations, unless the cops get after it or one of the accusers wants to step up and share the Insta DMs, Watson is going to skate, sooner than later. 

im wondering if there might be working on a settlement. and both parties agreed to keep quiet until a deal was made.

remember thats what buzzbee wanted from day 1. the money. if Watson agreed we probably wouldnt even know about this.