Poll: Who do you want to be the starting QB in 2021

Who do you want to be the starting QB in 2021  

113 members have voted

1. 1. The starting QB should be

• Sam Darnold
    • Zach Wilson
    • Justin Fields

Trey Lance is not an option as Saleh and Lafleur did not attend his pro day. If they don't go to Ohio states you can cross Fields off the list as well. Saleh is on record saying it was very important for him to go to a QB's pro day to see the spin of the ball off the QB's hand.

I won't have an issue if we draft Wilson or Fields but my # preference has not changed through all of this.  Stick with Darnold another year as long as we trade down from #2 for large resources.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Look, i will root like hell for whoever is wearing a Jets uniform.  It's truly   "in Douglas we trust"  for me. 

It's easy to fall in love with some of these QBs, but i just really think that none of them are any better "prospects" than Darnold.  

And of course by rolling with Sam, we'd have more resources to build a stronger team.  So it's Sam for me. And that's how I think JD will go as well. 

• Like 1

At this point, I'd prefer Wilson over a trade down + Sam.

The Watson dream is dead. 

But if Carolina offers us the San Francisco trade for pick 2 - and we end up at pick 8 + 2 future firsts and 3rd? I'd pull the trigger on that and take Chase, Pitts or Waddle - whomever fell.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

Trey Lance is not an option as Saleh and Lafleur did not attend his pro day. If they don't go to Ohio states you can cross Fields off the list as well. Saleh is on record saying it was very important for him to go to a QB's pro day to see the spin of the ball off the QB's hand.

Wouldn't that be the ultimate in head fakes? Seriously, bet your bottom dollar that all three will be there. As an added bonus, there are a bunch of other future pros who will be testing as well.

28 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Look, i will root like hell for whoever is wearing a Jets uniform.  It's truly   "in Douglas we trust"  for me. 

It's easy to fall in love with some of these QBs, but i just really think that none of them are any better "prospects" than Darnold.  

The flaw here is that Darnold isn’t really a “prospect” - he has 38 starts of questionable game tape in the NFL. He’s damaged goods. 

The other guys you are comparing to him have clean slates in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

I haven't posted much since Wilson's pro day. A few silly gifs. I've stated my opinion, as-nauseum. Darnold will be back. He should be back.i believe we're going to see a huge leap in forward in his play.

• Upvote 3
43 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The flaw here is that Darnold isn’t really a “prospect” - he has 38 starts of questionable game tape in the NFL. He’s damaged goods. 

The other guys you are comparing to him have clean slates in the NFL. 

Yes, a boxer should never get up when he's knocked down. 

I had resigned myself to another year of Darnold, which would have been a disaster. He has regressed badly every year for the last four years, and that includes college. Never learns from his mistakes

At this point, rolling the dice with Wilson is what I'm in favor of. It's a gamble for sure, he hasn't played ideal competition, has questionable size, and an injury history but he makes the kind of throws and playmaking that's a must for any level of success in todays NFL. We won't go anywhere having Darnold do his best to limit his bonehead plays, his ceiling is a bad game manager. Adding Pitts and another first next year won't have any tangible effect with him under center. I guess this is a vote contra Darnold more than pro Wilson, but I'm a fan and I want to be entertained. Rolling out a failed bust QB for another year isn't going to be entertaining, it's going to be sad and depressing.

• Upvote 1

as much as darnold has been maligned he's still the starter until he's traded or beaten out by wilson.  i wouldn't be surprised if he starts the season and then turns it over to wilson.

I think it's Wilson.

Sam will be moved for close to nothing, we'll sign some loser castoff vet for more money to replace him as the backup, Morgan will remain the #3.

Wilson gets anointed, same as Sam and Sanchez did before him, won't have to earn anything.

That's how I see it going.  We'll have to see if Wilson is what all the hype says he is.

I would prefer Sammy. With that said, I still think the Jets should draft a QB. Sammy very clearly regressed in 2020. However, being that the Jets are such a sh*t organization, it's impossible to know if it's the Jets fault or Sammy's? So my safe bet is, and especially where the 2nd overall is so valuable in trade, is to keep Sammy and trade down. Furthermore, even if the Jets do draft Zach Wilson at 2, it would make more sense for the Jets to keep Sammy anyway? Let two top notch youngsters fight it out for the privilege to start in the opener.....

I am firmly in the WilsonFieldsLanceJonesDarnold Camp. 

Can’t wait to pat myself on the back in 2 years and mock all the idiots that got it so obviously wrong. 

And don’t say I didn’t call it right. 

18 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I won't have an issue if we draft Wilson or Fields but my # preference has not changed through all of this.  Stick with Darnold another year as long as we trade down from #2 for large resources.

My preference is the same, but I've just come to grips with the likely scenario that no trade-down can occur. I really wanted Sewell +.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Someone who plays well. I don’t care who it is.

Lol, but so true.

I want Sam retained (because I don't think he's worth trading and would like to see him on a decently coached team, something he hasn't had yet) OR a legit young QB competitor brought in.

I want a QB Drafted (Wilson at 2 like everyone now seems to want, or Fields at #4-#6 after a trade down, or Mac Jones at #23 if he falls, or at the very least Trask in the 2nd or 3rd if all else fails)

I want Sam (or the Vet) and the Draft Pick (whomever he is) to COMPETE for the starting job, with the better playing earning the spot.

No.  Free.  Jobs.

If our pick is all he's cracked up to be (say Wilson), he should crush Sam or some Vet in a fair competition.  If he doesn't, he sits till he can.

Just like how it used to be done in the NFL.  If Aaron Rodgers can sit till he earns the job, so can anyone.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Yes, a boxer should never get up when he's knocked down. 

And Darnold is a soft b*tch, with a mentality that is far from being a "boxer".  So what's your point?

Last year should have been the year Darnold bounced back if he had any mental toughness.  He didn't.  He got worse.  And it wasn't all Adam Gase's fault.

It's over.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

This was about 50-50 not too long ago. Did the pro day have that much of an impact? Or did people slowly wise up?

I still like Darnold potential, but it's tough to pass on Wilson after watching this kid play. There are some aspects of his game that Darnold is still struggling with after 3 years. His deep ball accuracy is incredible! So many big plays! Great situation awareness. I also like his demeanor on the sidelines, seems like a smart kid with a good understanding of the game. And Darnold is still running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage in year 3!

I feel bad for Sam, but the Jets cannot pass on Zach Wilson.

23 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Next year is a way better qb class anyway

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

Darnold week 1. Zach Wilson at some point during the season possibly after the bye week.

And then darnold week 10 after Wilson gets hurt