Lawrence won't attend draft

HawkeyeJet

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

What do you think is going on? I’m curious to know what you’re feeling about this, f the haters lol 

I don't really think their probably anything going on.  I'd say Rutgersjetsfan's take on it is probably the most feasible.

However I would be lying if it didn't cross my mind that maybe he has a sliver of doubt about his landing spot.

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'll say this, I genuinely believe if this were unfolding with the Jets as the top pick, many posters would be using this as a chance to comment on how inept the franchise is or it is somehow their fault.  Whether or not they would actually believe that is another story.

People can’t wait to make fun of Jets 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't really think their probably anything going on.  I'd say Rutgersjetsfan's take on it is probably the most feasible.

However I would be lying if it didn't cross my mind that maybe he has a sliver of doubt about his landing spot.

This is what I was thinking, it’s the first pick of the draft legendary stuff, I assume he would want to be there but if he already was told he’s the pick he’s probably just sitting it out. This announcement after Zach’s pro day, I don’t think it’s a coincidence. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I found this a bit interesting.  I'm not saying it says anything about Lawrence, but if we were picking 1st, I wouldn't be super thrilled about this.  Obviously the pandemic is still a thing so that may be part of it but my gut says it probably isn't though.

Would this bother you as a Jets fan if we were picking 1?  Would it bother if Wilson doesn't attend and it's all but confirmed he's the pick at 2?

ehh... neither did Mayfield... Mayfield wasn't the presumptive #1 but he was regularly spoken about in the top 3 & in the final week of the draft as potentially the #1 overall.... If he plays lights out in the nfl... this won't even be a blip.  

16 hours ago, C Mart said:

Not one bit. 

It’s a TV show now.  It’s barely watchable anymore. Jax will take 7 minutes to turn in their card just for “suspense” purposes.  

Exactly this.

Now that they are building in artificial pauses for commercials it's unbearable TV.  So much bloat they had to spit it into 3 days to run it.  I usually track it on my phone while I'm out doing other stuff now and I'm happier for it.  I'll probably watch the #2 pick and then move on just because they can probably only make me wait a half hour from the official start to see the pick.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yeah.  I personally wouldn't care much, but it seems weird to me.  He's about to be the face of that entire franchise.  The most hyped NFL prospect in at least a decade, probably more like 25 years.  And saying thanks but no thanks is just an odd first message.

I don't think him declining is a protest against the Jaguars.  It's declining to attend the NFL's stupid party.