Lawrence might fall to us like Darnold did

JETSY14

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Urban Meyer wasn’t even at Wilson’s pro day.
Very doubtful. 

...And also said that Lawrence was the best college QB ever.

I had believed that Darnold would fall to us before the draft that year, but Darnold and Lawrence are VERY different prospects.

• Upvote 2

That would go down as perhaps the either the most ballsy move in the history of the draft of the stupidest; right up there with NO trading their entire draft for Ricky Williams.  

Somehow I don't think Meyer will over think this.  It is entirely possible that Wilson (or Fields, Lance or Jones) turn out be better or have better careers than TL but when you are handed the consensus best quarterback of the last ____ years, you just select him and focus on building the rest of your team.  You don't get cute and put any undue pressure on yourself.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Urban Meyer wasn’t even at Wilson’s pro day.
Very doubtful. 

Could be a misdirection. This pre draft time of year one never knows. I'm pretty sure he takes Lawrence #1 but what if he doesn't , what if he takes Wilson? Do we then take Lawrence ? Would you.? Love this time of year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

18 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Could be a misdirection. This pre draft time of year one never knows. I'm pretty sure he takes Lawrence #1 but what if he doesn't , what if he takes Wilson? Do we then take Lawrence ? Would you.? Love this time of year. 

Yes I‘d obviously take Lawrence bro lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I still can’t get over how the media never mentioned if TLAW should spurn the jags. Trevor spurning the Jets was the hot story on ESPN for weeks. Like...are the Jaguars better than Jets?
This...it was the headline every day...then when we lost the pick it was no longer a question.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I think he went to Wilson’s house that day.  He thinks you still have to recruit in the NFL.  His staff is punking him as an inside joke and not telling him there’s a draft. 

Urban is gonna be in for a surprise when he realizes he cant just pick and secretly pay players for his program.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1