Lawrence might fall to us like Darnold did

JETSY14

14 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Urban is gonna be in for a surprise when he realizes he cant just pick and secretly pay players for his program.

We already saw Saban's stint in the NFL.  Until I see different, it's hard for me to believe Meyer will do any better.  These guy's deal in having better players than everyone else.  A level playing field isn't their thing.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

I still can’t get over how the media never mentioned if TLAW should spurn the jags. Trevor spurning the Jets was the hot story on ESPN for weeks. Like...are the Jaguars better than Jets?

Back then, as bad as they were, they didn't have Adam Gase coaching them in a big media market in the world.  That alone might have enough to make TL stay in school. 

12 minutes ago, Kolchak said:

We already saw Saban's stint in the NFL.  Until I see different, it's hard for me to believe Meyer will do any better.  These guy's deal in having better players than everyone else.  A level playing field isn't their thing.

Very true and with the sh*t staff that Urban assembled, there are some concerns already I’d say about how it’s going to go for him in Jacksonville.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Hey you never know....  Jags might be on the Wilson hype train like most of JetNation.

I remember the 2018 draft vividly.  Was resigned/excited about getting baker mayfield. When Darnold fell to us I was so happy.  

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I wonder how many here would want Wilson OVER Lawrence at this point.  After all the chest-beating over winning those two games, I suspect the numbers are close to split that anyone would have  believed two months ago.

Calling @Sarge4Tide our resident poll dancer.

Sort of a moot point, but Wilson vs Fields vs Jones vs Lance might be interesting

The number one pick isn't the place to make a risky decision like pick the player that might be a big surprise. You pick an obvious choice. The team needs a playmaker out of the pick and if he busts the GM can point out everybody thought he should be drafted first. 

2018 was kind of a weird year for the first pick because there was so much disagreement towards the draft over who was the best QB of the lot and maybe the best QB from that draft wasn't even considered a top tier pick. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, QB1 said:

If the 49ers had the first pick they would probably take Wilson. The Jags are 100% taking TL. 

• ESPN Staff Writer

Jaguars coach Urban Meyer told NBCSports.com that the team is leaning toward taking the former Clemson quarterback with the top pick in the 2021 NFL draft next month.

"I'd have to say that's the direction we're going," Meyer told Peter King. "I'll leave that up to the owner when we make that decision official. But I'm certainly not stepping out of line that that's certainly the direction we're headed."

Hey you never know.... the owner might be on that wilson hype train

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JETSY14 said:

Darnold was ranked #1 and in many polls Allen was ranked ahead of Mayfield

The only thing we know for sure is that on draft day both Cleveland and the NY Jets had Mayfield as the top QB on their board.  Mayfield who was a midget who was throwing to wide open receivers in a conference that doesn't play defense.  Mayfield a shorter less explosive athlete and passer than Zach Wilson.  

7 hours ago, Kolchak said:

Urban can't fall back on bible study and Tim Tebow while recruiting a team full of me's in the NFL. This is going to be a disaster

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

No one would have been good in this sh tshow organization 

Nobody was suggesting that we draft No One when we took Darnold.  No One wasn't even an undrafted FA.  sh*t show NFL teams are turned around by a great QB who provides leadership.  Darnold is a good soldier, cannon fodder.  He isn't the guy to lead your team out of the bunker.  

15 hours ago, Biggs said:

The only thing we know for sure is that on draft day both Cleveland and the NY Jets had Mayfield as the top QB on their board.  Mayfield who was a midget who was throwing to wide open receivers in a conference that doesn't play defense.  Mayfield a shorter less explosive athlete and passer than Zach Wilson.  

We know this for sure?