Albert Breer: 49ers decided Jets weren't trading the #2 pick; Watch Carolina and Pittsburg for Darnold move.

3 hours ago, varjet said:

Comparing Wilson, Darnold and Garoppolo-

• Wilson and Garoppolo are the same height.  Garopollo weighed 12 pounds more pre-draft.  That is alot considering that we know Wilson packed on at least 10 pounds over the last few months.  
  • Darnold is actually about an inch taller than Garopollo, but weighs about the same, maybe a little less.  Garoppolo is the sturdiest of the three, but still gets hurt.
  • Garoppolo appeared in 21 games for the Patriots, started 2.  He looked very good in his two starts and otherwise looked good in fill-in/injury sub.  I think we can find at least 2 games where Darnold looked good.  Based on Garoppolo's college career and his limited appearances, the 49ers gave the Patriots a 2nd round draft pick for the last year's of Garoppolo's contract.  I think someone should give the Jets a second round pick for Darnold.   I hope its this year.  
  • There is no way Wilson plays 16 games in a Jets season, particularly behind this line.  The question is who signs up as the interim if we are not going to use Darnold that way.  

There were at least 3 in his rookie year when he looked great, not just good.  It's that 2018 season in the Shanahan-like system that Jeremy Bates ran, when we had a bit better protection, and Darnold had "weaponz" like Jermaine Kearse, Robby Anderson, and Terrell Pryor that he looked his best.  Kinda interesting that the WR still left in the NFL who is having any degree of success is Anderson as Carolina's WR2/3.  I need to go back and watch the Denver, Indianapolis, Green Bay, etc. games again from Darnold's rookie season.

52 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I have reservations about Wilson, but Pac, Shane, and bitonti all agreeing a prospect is bad essentially guarantees a Hall of Fame career

You know its a mistake at 2..  let's hope Carolina or ATL steps to the table.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

You are missing the second part of the equation. Philly wanted to trade to 3 as well but ONLY for Wilson. They moved back. Conveniently on the day of Wilson's Pro Day and within an hour of Wilson measuring well (actually very well). You are naïve if you think that Douglas and Saleh did not clue in them about their intentions. They are not going to screw over their friends and burn bridges, GMs DO discuss actual players in trade scenarios. There is really no possibility that Roseman did not ask Douglas something like "if we trade to 3 do you think Wilson will be there?" and for Lynch to ask "Joe, are you interested in trading out of 3?"

The two together are such strong evidence that it is like 99% certain the Jets are taking Wilson. Allbright has stated that the Jets are not even hiding that they are picking Wilson and he is one of the most dependable insiders. Breer has confirmed it as has King last night.

It would be incredibly shocking at this point if the Jets do not select Wilson. You may not like it, but it is what it is. Also the SF trade made the cost of the #2 pick pretty much unreachable. Carolina will probably switch to discussion with Cincinatti  Detroit and even Miami for trading up. First 3 picks are locks at QB (Lawrence, Wilson, Lance/Jones). Pretty much all of the playmakers are falling. In fact if Atlanta chooses to not draft a QB or trade down, then there is a good chance Fields drops to Carolina anyway. I see no way anyone trades up to 2 at this point.

this up here GIF by Chord Overstreet

59 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I have reservations about Wilson, but Pac, Shane, and bitonti all agreeing a prospect is bad essentially guarantees a Hall of Fame career

36 minutes ago, CTM said:

Hopefully Carolina makes a huge bid to move up and saves us from ourselves. Not feeling Wilson at all

Chan too? O/U on Wilson SB MVPs is now 4.5

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Seems like the league believes Wilson to NY is a foregone conclusion. 

It's not their pick...Their ass isn't on the line.

And what does this mean?

AFC exec 3 on Wilson:  A BYU kid going to New York, he’ll need a little work, of course.…