2021 NFL Draft Mega-thread: News, Rumors, and Discussion

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

You made me go watch this clip. He said that was some tinfoil hat conspiracy he read. You can’t be coming in hot like that. 

No the tin foil hat was the wink and nod between Saleh and Lynch— but what I said was they both agreed that “no way 49ers moved up for Jones. I think they wind up with Wilson.” 

Anyway it’s Just for conversation... the takeaway is that ppl aren’t buying the trade up for Jones

22 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Looks like the Pitts thread count will surpass Fields today lol 

Dunno if this matters but just watched the live mock draft with Thor and NFL agent and they both were like - “yea no way SF moved up for Jones. There’s a deal or understanding with the Jets... somehow they wind up with Wilson and Jets get Pitts, who they love and it’s no secret.” 

Lol they just want to maintain mystery for the draft. Simply put it makes no sense whatsover and JD is just not that dumb. Also, we have seen from O'Brien that when a coach starts calling the shots value just go out the window.

Philly wanted Wilson. 49ers wanted Wilson

Jets told them that the Jets are taking Wilson

Philly traded back, 49ers traded to 3 to insure their second choice of Jones. When asked why he was going to Jones pro day, Shanahan said that they don't really have to hide things anymore since they are at 3.

You can almost write the first 3 picks in Ink:  Lawrence Wilson Jones.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Philly wanted Wilson. 49ers wanted Wilson

Jets told them that the Jets are taking Wilson

Philly traded back, 49ers traded to 3 to insure their second choice of Jones.

Say what you want but that part is 100% not true. Are we likely to take Wilson? For sure, but doesn’t matter how many times you tell yourself that or type it - it’s not true.. yet. I’d bet my dick on it. And I love my dick. More than you know. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Paradis said:

Say what you want but that part is 100% not true. Are we likely to take Wilson? For sure, but doesn’t how many times you tell yourself that or type - it’s not true.. yet. 

Believe what you want but the idea that the 2 teams with closest ties to the Jets did not discuss the #2 pick and Wilson is very very unlikely.

It is no coincidence the trades happened shortly after Wilson's measurables.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

If what you say it true it leads me to believe that JD is planning on rolling it back with Sam and is trying to maximize the value of the #2 pick. I'd guess he's waiting until right before or even after TL is taken with the first pick and we're on the clock to see what he could get in a trade down package.

95% of the board would go nuts if JD kept Sam and wasn't offered FMV for the #2 and keeps it so he can take a non-QB with the pick. Personally I think that Sam is at least as good as the QB's in this class with the exception of TL and would like to see what he looks like with good coaching and an offensive system that fits his skill set. If forced to make a non-QB pick at #2 I'd go for the sure all-pro and potential HOF LT and be happy about it.

If JD truly wants to roll with Sam AND wants to maximize his positioning then it's pretty simple... get to #4 with Atlanta.  #4 is the first possible spot where a non-QB will go.  QBs are going 1, 2, 3 in this Draft.  Some are suggesting a QB could go 4th as well.... I'm 50/50 on that.  But if the Jets want the first non-QB such as Kyle Pitts that is the spot to get the pick of the litter.  Need to stay in front of Miami for sure and likely Cincy as well, although I believe Cincy is going with either Sewell or Slater.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I’ve been close a few times.

I think passing on multiple good QB prospects, to draft a TE (albeit a very good one) 2nd overall, would be it for me.

After the Giants and what they did in 2018 there is like zero chance a NY team makes the same incredible mistake. I guess though if I hated Wilson I would cling to any rumor however outlandish that somehow the Jets (the giggly Jets staff at Wilson's Pro Day) will not take Wilson. I think the additional fuel is people can't comprehend 49ers taking Jones, so clearly the Jets need to be doing something dumber and taking Sewell or Pitts.  I would just be ill. I do not think JD is that dumb

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If JD truly wants to roll with Sam AND wants to maximize his positioning then it's pretty simple... get to #4 with Atlanta.  #4 is the first possible spot where a non-QB will go.  QBs are going 1, 2, 3 in this Draft.  Some are suggesting a QB could go 4th as well.... I'm 50/50 on that.  But if the Jets want the first non-QB such as Kyle Pitts that is the spot to get the pick of the litter.  Need to stay in front of Miami for sure and likely Cincy as well, although I believe Cincy is going with either Sewell or Slater.

I have seen a couple times that Cincinatti will take Chase for Burrow.

19 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Not worth it to me. The Jets should just take the QB they like. 

What if they like 2 QBs and are content with either? Similar to the notion of what @football guy has said about the #2 vs. keep Sam evaluation.

#2 (QB) + value of trading Sam

vs.

Keep Sam + value of trading back to say #8 or so

vs.

Trade back to #3 (still take QB) + value of trading Sam

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

What if they like 2 QBs and are content with either? Similar to the notion of what @football guy has said about the #2 vs. keep Sam evaluation.

vs.

vs.

But this isn’t let’s make a deal.  There’s always going to be a qb they like more.  Take that guy, don’t over think it.  You don’t win if you come out a little ahead in draft capital. You win if you get a good quarterback.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, Augustiniak said:

But this isn’t let’s make a deal.  There’s always going to be a qb they like more.  Take that guy, don’t over think it.  You don’t win if you come out a little ahead in draft capital. You win if you get a good quarterback.

I’m simply referring to how football guy said they are weighing it, and adding a 3rd variable in the same model.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

vs.

vs.

In theory that would be fine, but I would find it very hard to believe that they don't favor one QB over the rest. 

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ve been close a few times.

I think passing on multiple good QB prospects, to draft a TE (albeit a very good one) 2nd overall, would be it for me.

Are you trying to say that drafting guys like Kyle Brady, Jamal Adams and others while passing on guys like Patrick Mahomes, Dan Marino, etc. has left you a bit... perturbed?

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Are you trying to say that drafting guys like Kyle Brady, Jamal Adams and others while passing on guys like Patrick Mahomes, Dan Marino, etc. has left you a bit... perturbed?

Slightly.

29 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Say what you want but that part is 100% not true. Are we likely to take Wilson? For sure, but doesn’t matter how many times you tell yourself that or type it - it’s not true.. yet. I’d bet my dick on it. And I love my dick. More than you know. 

One thing is true though JD and the Eagle GM are close as are the new HC and OC who are close with the 49'ers. So it's obvious any questions that were asked of the Jets were answered honestly.. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

One thing is true though JD and the Eagle GM are close as are the new HC and OC who are close with the 49'ers. So it's obvious any questions that were asked of the Jets were answered honestly.. 

that hurt to read. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

In theory that would be fine, but I would find it very hard to believe that they don't favor one QB over the rest. 

He literally said they value Zach more than Sam, but are weighing the choice on overall value... so, it’s kinda not a theory, if what he’s saying is true. It’s just a different consideration in the same vein.

Like ... I’m not even arguing for it, just illustrating that their valuation model (according to fg) still fits a trade back 1 spot scenario.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He literally said they value Zach more than Sam, but are weighing the choice on overall value... so, it’s kinda not a theory, if what he’s saying is true. It’s just a different consideration in the same vein.

Like ... I’m not even arguing for it, just illustrating that their valuation model (according to fg) still fits a trade back 1 spot scenario.

I mean, I wouldn't take one source's information and assign it too much weight, but that's just me. 

Regardless, I expect the Jets to have a favorite QB and take him at 2. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Looks like the Pitts thread count will surpass Fields today lol 

Dunno if this matters but just watched the live mock draft with Thor and NFL agent and they both were like - “yea no way SF moved up for Jones. There’s a deal or understanding with the Jets... somehow they wind up with Wilson and Jets get Pitts, who they love and it’s no secret.” 

There was a SF interview with Jim Mora Jr (Former Falcons coach) that said same thing. Whole interview they are asking about other QBs and he just gushes about SF getting Wilson.