2021 NFL Draft Mega-thread: News, Rumors, and Discussion

4 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

There was a SF interview with Jim Mora Jr (Former Falcons coach) that said same thing. Whole interview they are asking about other QBs and he just gushes about SF getting Wilson.

Playing the conspiracy game; there has to be a trade in principle with SF and NYJ already hashed out... OR SF is that comfortable with Fields as well. Cause as close as Kyle might be with Saleh, if Joe got 3 firsts offered by CAR he might pull the trigger. And then it’s bye bye Wilson.... so the only way to ensure that doesn’t have happen is to flip picks with NYJ

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Playing the conspiracy game; there has to be a trade in principle with SF and NYJ already hashed out... OR SF is that comfortable with Fields as well. Cause as close as Kyle might be with Saleh, if Joe got 3 firsts offered by CAR he might pull the trigger. And then it’s bye bye Wilson.... so the only way to ensure that doesn’t have happen is to flip picks with NYJ

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/49ers/.amp/news/jim-mora-jr-expects-the-49ers-will-draft-zach-wilson

expects SF to land Wilson. Thinks Wilson is a SB winning QB one day. 

Jets have to love this publicity. We have never been talked about this much and there’s 3 weeks left. Jax like isn’t even mentioned. 

This is actually the normal time deals get made. This whole draft crazyness is just getting started. 

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Nah it’s just delusional 49ers fans !! They can’t accept its jones or fields ! They dying for Wilson 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/49ers/.amp/news/jim-mora-jr-expects-the-49ers-will-draft-zach-wilson

expects SF to land Wilson. Thinks Wilson is a SB winning QB one day. 

Jets have to love this publicity. We have never been talked about this much and there’s 3 weeks left. Jax like isn’t even mentioned. 

This is actually the normal time deals get made. This whole draft crazyness is just getting started. 

... and the Jets take Fields because he's that kind of QB ??? What does that even mean ... here is a hint Mora ... if Wilson is a great fit in SF he will be a great fit in LaFleurs offense here. Geez these guys are rediculous.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Looks like the Pitts thread count will surpass Fields today lol 

Dunno if this matters but just watched the live mock draft with Thor and NFL agent and they both were like - “yea no way SF moved up for Jones. There’s a deal or understanding with the Jets... somehow they wind up with Wilson and Jets get Pitts, who they love and it’s no secret.” 

Oof, passing up on the haul of multiple first round picks Miami got just to have a little side deal with SF to grab another 2 would be terrible.  And I love Pitts as a player 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Oof, passing up on the haul of multiple first round picks Miami got just to have a little side deal with SF to grab another 2 would be terrible.  And I love Pitts as a player 

Yea, like If your a subscriber to the “I’d pass on Wilson for a kings Ransom” then this would be wholly underwhelming.. 

This scenario would be more about Joe Douglas having a sky high grade on Pitts and feels value wise he believes he’s coming out on top with Sam+Pitts+SF’s 11pick in the 2nd.... vs Wilson+late 3rd (for Sam)

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

... and the Jets take Fields because he's that kind of QB ??? What does that even mean ... here is a hint Mora ... if Wilson is a great fit in SF he will be a great fit in LaFleurs offense here. Geez these guys are rediculous.

Mora Jr. is the biggest turd in football.  I wouldn't hire him to coach Madden 2021.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The bolded doesn't make sense - If they have a deal "already hashed out" to swap 2 and 3, then why haven't they swapped 2 and 3? LOL. 

I think you are reading too much into meaningless chatter. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The bolded doesn't make sense - If they have a deal "already hashed out" to swap 2 and 3, then why haven't they swapped 2 and 3? LOL. 

I think you are reading too much into meaningless chatter. 

medicals

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yea, like If your a subscriber to the “I’d pass on Wilson for a kings Ransom” then this would be wholly underwhelming.. 

This scenario would be more about Joe Douglas having a sky high grade on Pitts and feels value wise he believes he’s coming out on top with Sam+Pitts+SF’s 11pick in the 2nd.... vs Wilson+late 3rd (for Sam)

I would hate hate hate hate hate hate hate this

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

good point. 

still think it's nonsense. Just 49er fans dreaming about Wilson. 

it's not the fans. these are industry ppl, ie. NFL agents... 

hey i get it... feels like reaching.. made up sh*t... But you know what? there's 2 things that keep breathing life into those conversations..

1. Jets haven't traded Darnold yet... that's a legit question mark.
  2. A lot of people are calling bullsh*t on SF giving up 3 first for Mac Jones at #3 - and can you blame them?

Are the jets flipping picks with SF?... i dunno. Probably not. But them 2 things up there ^^ say there's still 3rd act to this thing we haven't seen play out yet. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

it's not the fans. these are industry ppl, ie. NFL agents... 

hey i get it... feels like reaching.. made up sh*t... But you know what? there's 2 things that keep breathing life into those conversations..

1. Jets haven't traded Darnold yet... that's a legit question mark.
  2. A lot of people are calling bullsh*t on SF giving up 3 first for Mac Jones at #3 - and can you blame them?

Are the jets flipping picks with SF?... i dunno. Probably not. But them 2 things up there ^^ say there's still 3rd act to this thing we haven't seen play out yet. 

1) Those guys can all still be 49er fans/homers. 

2) The Jets could be waiting for the medicals on Wilson before locking him in and trading Sam. And there is recent precedent for that type of trade not happening until draft weekend (i.e. Rosen). 

3) I definitely understand the skepticism over Jones being the pick at #3 and I would take Fields over Jones 10/10 times. But a lot of people who know Shanahan really think that Jones is his type of QB. (Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins mold - 2 players Shanahan loves). It could certainly be a smokescreen. Not sure. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

1) Those guys can all still be 49er fans/homers. 

2) The Jets could be waiting for the medicals on Wilson before locking him in and trading Sam. And there is recent precedent for that type of trade not happening until draft weekend (i.e. Rosen). 

3) I definitely understand the skepticism over Jones being the pick at #3 and I would take Fields over Jones 10/10 times. But a lot of people who know Shanahan really think that Jones is his type of QB. (Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins mold - 2 players Shanahan loves). It could certainly be a smokescreen. Not sure. 

I feel you. For what it’s worth, there’s a lot of stuff ppl have unearthed over the past couple months with Kyle saying he needs to evolve in the kind of QB he wants and he’s “not looking for the next Kirk Cousins”

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I feel you. For what it’s worth, there’s a lot of stuff ppl have unearthed over the past couple months with Kyle saying he needs to evolve in the kind of QB he wants and he’s “not looking for the next Kirk Cousins”

Assuming the Jets take Wilson, their fans seem to want Fields or Lance. Which is where I would be. 

• Upvote 1

If the Jets go with Fields and the 49ers snatch up Wilson then I will be 100% convinced there was communication between the Jets and 49ers.  It would be the only reason why SF made such a huge power move up the board.  They don't want the leftovers.  They have a guy in mind and maybe the Jets told them their guy will be there.

55 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If the Jets go with Fields and the 49ers snatch up Wilson then I will be 100% convinced there was communication between the Jets and 49ers.  It would be the only reason why SF made such a huge power move up the board.  They don't want the leftovers.  They have a guy in mind and maybe the Jets told them their guy will be there.

why? Why would the Jets tell them anything?  Not buying past relationship on SFO with Saleh.  JD not going to spill the beans to SFO for no reason.

I've even read Niner fans who think Lynch/Shanahan will play mind-games with Douglas/Saleh, by ramping up the Fields hype in the next couple of weeks.

And because the San Francisco 49ers are such a fabled organisation, with a building full of savants and genuises, and the Jets are a poverty franchise, Douglas/Saleh will second guess their own opinions, assume the 49ers know better than they do, and pick Fields over Wilson. ?

The idea that the Jets may have a competent front office and coaching staff, seems to be an after-thought in these fantasies.

• Upvote 1

It is just quite possible the 49ers like 2 QBs similarly after Lawrence and are ok with either one. The conversation between the 49ers and Jets doesn't have to reveal who the Jets are taking out loud but it could've revealed to them that the Jets weren't willing to move out which would signal they're going QB but not necessarily which one. 

• Upvote 1