Jump to content

2021 NFL Draft Mega-thread: News, Rumors, and Discussion


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

There was a SF interview with Jim Mora Jr (Former Falcons coach) that said same thing. Whole interview they are asking about other QBs and he just gushes about SF getting Wilson.

Playing the conspiracy game; there has to be a trade in principle with SF and NYJ already hashed out... OR SF is that comfortable with Fields as well. Cause as close as Kyle might be with Saleh, if Joe got 3 firsts offered by CAR he might pull the trigger. And then it’s bye bye Wilson.... so the only way to ensure that doesn’t have happen is to flip picks with NYJ

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh man, @joewilly12 is gonna poop his depends.

I'm getting a little sick of seeing 100 different topics being created to discuss pretty much the same thing, so I figured make a thread where it can all go down in one spot, separate from the FA thre

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Playing the conspiracy game; there has to be a trade in principle with SF and NYJ already hashed out... OR SF is that comfortable with Fields as well. Cause as close as Kyle might be with Saleh, if Joe got 3 firsts offered by CAR he might pull the trigger. And then it’s bye bye Wilson.... so the only way to ensure that doesn’t have happen is to flip picks with NYJ

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/49ers/.amp/news/jim-mora-jr-expects-the-49ers-will-draft-zach-wilson
 

expects SF to land Wilson. Thinks Wilson is a SB winning QB one day. 
 

Jets have to love this publicity. We have never been talked about this much and there’s 3 weeks left. Jax like isn’t even mentioned. 
 

This is actually the normal time deals get made. This whole draft crazyness is just getting started. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Playing the conspiracy game; there has to be a trade in principle with SF and NYJ already hashed out... OR SF is that comfortable with Fields as well. Cause as close as Kyle might be with Saleh, if Joe got 3 firsts offered by CAR he might pull the trigger. And then it’s bye bye Wilson.... so the only way to ensure that doesn’t have happen is to flip picks with NYJ

Nah it’s just delusional 49ers fans !! They can’t accept its jones or fields ! They dying for Wilson 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/49ers/.amp/news/jim-mora-jr-expects-the-49ers-will-draft-zach-wilson
 

expects SF to land Wilson. Thinks Wilson is a SB winning QB one day. 
 

Jets have to love this publicity. We have never been talked about this much and there’s 3 weeks left. Jax like isn’t even mentioned. 
 

This is actually the normal time deals get made. This whole draft crazyness is just getting started. 

... and the Jets take Fields because he's that kind of QB ??? What does that even mean ... here is a hint Mora ... if Wilson is a great fit in SF he will be a great fit in LaFleurs offense here. Geez these guys are rediculous.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Looks like the Pitts thread count will surpass Fields today lol 

Dunno if this matters but just watched the live mock draft with Thor and NFL agent and they both were like - “yea no way SF moved up for Jones. There’s a deal or understanding with the Jets... somehow they wind up with Wilson and Jets get Pitts, who they love and it’s no secret.” 

Oof, passing up on the haul of multiple first round picks Miami got just to have a little side deal with SF to grab another 2 would be terrible.  And I love Pitts as a player 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Oof, passing up on the haul of multiple first round picks Miami got just to have a little side deal with SF to grab another 2 would be terrible.  And I love Pitts as a player 

Yea, like If your a subscriber to the “I’d pass on Wilson for a kings Ransom” then this would be wholly underwhelming.. 

This scenario would be more about Joe Douglas having a sky high grade on Pitts and feels value wise he believes he’s coming out on top with Sam+Pitts+SF’s 11pick in the 2nd.... vs Wilson+late 3rd (for Sam)

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

... and the Jets take Fields because he's that kind of QB ??? What does that even mean ... here is a hint Mora ... if Wilson is a great fit in SF he will be a great fit in LaFleurs offense here. Geez these guys are rediculous.

Mora Jr. is the biggest turd in football.  I wouldn't hire him to coach Madden 2021.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Playing the conspiracy game; there has to be a trade in principle with SF and NYJ already hashed out... OR SF is that comfortable with Fields as well. Cause as close as Kyle might be with Saleh, if Joe got 3 firsts offered by CAR he might pull the trigger. And then it’s bye bye Wilson.... so the only way to ensure that doesn’t have happen is to flip picks with NYJ

The bolded doesn't make sense - If they have a deal "already hashed out" to swap 2 and 3, then why haven't they swapped 2 and 3? LOL. 

I think you are reading too much into meaningless chatter. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The bolded doesn't make sense - If they have a deal "already hashed out" to swap 2 and 3, then why haven't they swapped 2 and 3? LOL. 

I think you are reading too much into meaningless chatter. 

medicals

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yea, like If your a subscriber to the “I’d pass on Wilson for a kings Ransom” then this would be wholly underwhelming.. 

This scenario would be more about Joe Douglas having a sky high grade on Pitts and feels value wise he believes he’s coming out on top with Sam+Pitts+SF’s 11pick in the 2nd.... vs Wilson+late 3rd (for Sam)

I would hate hate hate hate hate hate hate this

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

good point. 

still think it's nonsense. Just 49er fans dreaming about Wilson. 

it's not the fans. these are industry ppl, ie. NFL agents... 

hey i get it... feels like reaching.. made up sh*t... But you know what? there's 2 things that keep breathing life into those conversations..

  1. Jets haven't traded Darnold yet... that's a legit question mark.
  2. A lot of people are calling bullsh*t on SF giving up 3 first for Mac Jones at #3 - and can you blame them?

Are the jets flipping picks with SF?... i dunno. Probably not. But them 2 things up there ^^ say there's still 3rd act to this thing we haven't seen play out yet. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

it's not the fans. these are industry ppl, ie. NFL agents... 

hey i get it... feels like reaching.. made up sh*t... But you know what? there's 2 things that keep breathing life into those conversations..

  1. Jets haven't traded Darnold yet... that's a legit question mark.
  2. A lot of people are calling bullsh*t on SF giving up 3 first for Mac Jones at #3 - and can you blame them?

Are the jets flipping picks with SF?... i dunno. Probably not. But them 2 things up there ^^ say there's still 3rd act to this thing we haven't seen play out yet. 

1) Those guys can all still be 49er fans/homers. 

2) The Jets could be waiting for the medicals on Wilson before locking him in and trading Sam. And there is recent precedent for that type of trade not happening until draft weekend (i.e. Rosen). 

3) I definitely understand the skepticism over Jones being the pick at #3 and I would take Fields over Jones 10/10 times. But a lot of people who know Shanahan really think that Jones is his type of QB. (Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins mold - 2 players Shanahan loves). It could certainly be a smokescreen. Not sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

1) Those guys can all still be 49er fans/homers. 

2) The Jets could be waiting for the medicals on Wilson before locking him in and trading Sam. And there is recent precedent for that type of trade not happening until draft weekend (i.e. Rosen). 

3) I definitely understand the skepticism over Jones being the pick at #3 and I would take Fields over Jones 10/10 times. But a lot of people who know Shanahan really think that Jones is his type of QB. (Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins mold - 2 players Shanahan loves). It could certainly be a smokescreen. Not sure. 

I feel you. For what it’s worth, there’s a lot of stuff ppl have unearthed over the past couple months with Kyle saying he needs to evolve in the kind of QB he wants and he’s “not looking for the next Kirk Cousins”

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I feel you. For what it’s worth, there’s a lot of stuff ppl have unearthed over the past couple months with Kyle saying he needs to evolve in the kind of QB he wants and he’s “not looking for the next Kirk Cousins”

Assuming the Jets take Wilson, their fans seem to want Fields or Lance. Which is where I would be. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So guys hear me out right? San Franciso has a all pro tight end and a above average QB when healthy, didnt they just gave up 3 first rounders plus more to get a QB? Yet we have a ginger dissaster at qb and we a trading down for a tight end? Something is not right 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Jets go with Fields and the 49ers snatch up Wilson then I will be 100% convinced there was communication between the Jets and 49ers.  It would be the only reason why SF made such a huge power move up the board.  They don't want the leftovers.  They have a guy in mind and maybe the Jets told them their guy will be there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dcat said:

cm-bg.gif

^Notice how the uniform is a billion times better than the current trendy garbage.  Bring this one back.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If the Jets go with Fields and the 49ers snatch up Wilson then I will be 100% convinced there was communication between the Jets and 49ers.  It would be the only reason why SF made such a huge power move up the board.  They don't want the leftovers.  They have a guy in mind and maybe the Jets told them their guy will be there.

why? Why would the Jets tell them anything?  Not buying past relationship on SFO with Saleh.  JD not going to spill the beans to SFO for no reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes zero sense to run it back with the worst QB in the NFL over the last 3 seasons. Fields or Wilson I don't mind either, but going into next season with Sam would be an absolute disaster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've even read Niner fans who think Lynch/Shanahan will play mind-games with Douglas/Saleh, by ramping up the Fields hype in the next couple of weeks.

And because the San Francisco 49ers are such a fabled organisation, with a building full of savants and genuises, and the Jets are a poverty franchise, Douglas/Saleh will second guess their own opinions, assume the 49ers know better than they do, and pick Fields over Wilson. 😏

The idea that the Jets may have a competent front office and coaching staff, seems to be an after-thought in these fantasies.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is just quite possible the 49ers like 2 QBs similarly after Lawrence and are ok with either one. The conversation between the 49ers and Jets doesn't have to reveal who the Jets are taking out loud but it could've revealed to them that the Jets weren't willing to move out which would signal they're going QB but not necessarily which one. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...