2021 NFL Draft Mega-thread: News, Rumors, and Discussion

Just now, Mike135 said:

Loving Bucky's current mock on NFL Network.  Dickerson (Center) at #23 overall.

Would fit the trend of Douglas’ injury riddled rookie class last year better than the outside zone scheme. I’d love an offensive lineman but I don’t think Dickerson is the guy.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Loving Bucky's current mock on NFL Network.  Dickerson (Center) at #23 overall.

The guy who already has torn ACL’s in both knees as a 320+ lb OL?

Hell no

Bucky is one of the worst draft analysts out there.

Jets fans are way too obsessed with finding another Mangold/Mawae.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Hell no

I'm obsessed with building the oline.

I'd be thrilled with the pick.

15 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Hell no

Literally the worst analyst out there. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

AVAST ME HEARTIES!!! 

Look no further than the 2020 draft, and ye shall find yer solution to the quarterback position. I don't want to set fire to the entire fanbase, but I've got what you might call an inside track. ;)

Don't be surprised to see a curveball this evening.

LOOOL

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

2. He seems to have a reputation of being a poof, and the leadership questions will be huge factors if/when the Jets get off to a slow start. If he’s the effete, entitled puke that he appears to be, the locker room will chew him up with a quickness. 

other than "he wasn't voted captain", can you provide some example of him being an effete, entitled puke and displaying a reputation of being a poof?  while we are at it, can you tell us what exactly is a poof?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Kendrick Green from Illinois is your guy. Hard pass on Dickerson.

I don't follow college ball.  Only judging based on draft profiles and "pro" rankings.

But yeah...  just get big fat dudes to control the oline.  Early.

None of this late round value pick crap after the 3rd round.  

JD better invest in the oline early and multiple times.  Don't start Wilson's career the way they did Sam's.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, derp said:

Have we discussed anywhere that Kiper has the Jets trading draft capital that should get them to anywhere from the pick 6-8 overall range to move up to pick 16 to take Vera-Tucker?

The trade was 23, 34, and either 66 or 86 to get to 16. Based on the trade chart, 23 and 66 alone - without 34 at all - is a slight overpay to get to 16.

I don’t hate Vera-Tucker but I’m pretty sure I’d just give I’m my fandom on the spot if they just light pick 34 on fire to draft a guard.

The cardinals spot is the place a few of us have been predicting we would move to. Makes a ton of sense. 

1 hour ago, derp said:

Have we discussed anywhere that Kiper has the Jets trading draft capital that should get them to anywhere from the pick 6-8 overall range to move up to pick 16 to take Vera-Tucker?

The trade was 23, 34, and either 66 or 86 to get to 16. Based on the trade chart, 23 and 66 alone - without 34 at all - is a slight overpay to get to 16.

I don’t hate Vera-Tucker but I’m pretty sure I’d just give I’m my fandom on the spot if they just light pick 34 on fire to draft a guard.

Have no idea where Kiper came up with that mess......#16 worth  1000....# 23  760 and #66 260 worth 1020.......#34 is 560

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

The cardinals spot is the place a few of us have been predicting we would move to. Makes a ton of sense. 

...did you see what Kiper had them giving up to get to the Cardinals spot? That’s what I was objecting to. It makes...no sense. Whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, derp said:

...did you see what Kiper had them giving up to get to the Cardinals spot? That’s what I was objecting to. It makes...no sense. Whatsoever.

Kiper has been so butthurt over the Jets moving on from Darnold that's its borderline creepy now. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1