2021 NFL Draft Mega-thread: News, Rumors, and Discussion

43 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I need to everyone to listen.

IF… by some SMALL…SMAAAAALL CHANCE, SF is waiting for medicals, to flip picks with NYJ (for SF’s 2nd round pick #11), and The Jets slide back with the intent of taking TE KYLE PITTS… AND we get Jalen Hurd in that trade with SF

Someone needs to call 911 within the hour of that trade announcement

Dead serious. My life will depend on it.

200.gif

Where is this coming from?

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

I've never heard Dan say a single thing critical about any QB ever so this sets sirens off in my brain 

He questioned Wilson’s non captaincy even after it was debunked. Guy is clueless.

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

I've never heard Dan say a single thing critical about any QB ever so this sets sirens off in my brain 

Doesn't line up with my preconceived idea of him, but with his drop off recently I had wondered if he was bombing interviews or there was a hidden issue. 

Dan saying something like that is REALLY concerning.

8 hours ago, football guy said:

Not what I said. They hadn't made either Sam or the #2 pick available yet as of last week. I think that's a foolish approach personally- at some point you have to start negotiating and see what you can get before the market dries up, but that's the approach the front office has taken. 

If what you say it true it leads me to believe that JD is planning on rolling it back with Sam and is trying to maximize the value of the #2 pick. I'd guess he's waiting until right before or even after TL is taken with the first pick and we're on the clock to see what he could get in a trade down package.

95% of the board would go nuts if JD kept Sam and wasn't offered FMV for the #2 and keeps it so he can take a non-QB with the pick. Personally I think that Sam is at least as good as the QB's in this class with the exception of TL and would like to see what he looks like with good coaching and an offensive system that fits his skill set. If forced to make a non-QB pick at #2 I'd go for the sure all-pro and potential HOF LT and be happy about it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, QB1 said:

He questioned Wilson’s non captaincy even after it was debunked. Guy is clueless.

He’s not wrong about the captain thing. Technically he didn’t get enough votes to be named captain by his teammates, but coaches overruled and made him one anyway. 

The two rumors... 

1) most plausible: he didn’t play much last year and was in a 3-man competition for the job this past offseason... out-of-site, out-of-mind

2) rumor: a portion of the locker room felt it would be “sending the wrong message” to vote him captain during the pandemic/racial injustice movement because he/his family were Trump supporters. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like the Pitts thread count will surpass Fields today lol 

Dunno if this matters but just watched the live mock draft with Thor and NFL agent and they both were like - “yea no way SF moved up for Jones. There’s a deal or understanding with the Jets... somehow they wind up with Wilson and Jets get Pitts, who they love and it’s no secret.” 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Dunno if this matters but just watched the live mock draft with Thor and NFL agent and they both were like - “yea no way SF moved up for Jones. There’s a deal or understanding with the Jets... somehow they wind up with Wilson and Jets get Pitts, who they love and it’s no secret.” 

I love Pitts but that would be horrible. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

sorry Im late to the thread guys, breaking news!!

I knwo what the Jets are going to do. 

They are trading back with the PANTHERS. switching first and getting two more 1s and a 3rd this year. (total guess but mark it down as my official prediction

noted the office GIF

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What kind of ammo could the 49ers still have to trade up one spot?  And, is that enough for the Jets?

2 hours ago, football guy said:

He’s not wrong about the captain thing. Technically he didn’t get enough votes to be named captain by his teammates, but coaches overruled and made him one anyway. 

The two rumors... 

1) most plausible: he didn’t play much last year and was in a 3-man competition for the job this past offseason... out-of-site, out-of-mind

2) rumor: a portion of the locker room felt it would be “sending the wrong message” to vote him captain during the pandemic/racial injustice movement because he/his family were Trump supporters. 

at this point I don’t care if he’s a Qanon nutjob who thinks Trump was  sent by God.. just throw some  TD’s for us.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, football guy said:

The two rumors... 

It would seem hard to vote a guy Captain if he might not even win the starting job and is coming off injuries.  What message would it send to the BYU starting QB who beats out Wilson if they named Wilson a Captain?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I will actually give up on this team.

Lol dude... that’s just a couple people but they’re plugged. I think the take away is ppl aren’t buying the MacJones stuff. 

I’m worried about you. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

But I thought JD loved Wilson? 

Just now, RogerVick1980 said:

at this point I don’t care if he’s a Qanon nutjob who thinks Trump was  sent by God.. just throw some  TD’s for us.

Exactly.  Who cares what race, religion or political preference the QB has?  Tom Brady is a pretty out-there Trump supporter.... nobody really complains when he's winning Super Bowls.

As long as Wilson is throwing TDs .... like bigly.... HUGE touchdowns I'm good.  It will be tremendous, you've never seen anything like it.

;)

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

If what you say it true it leads me to believe that JD is planning on rolling it back with Sam and is trying to maximize the value of the #2 pick. I'd guess he's waiting until right before or even after TL is taken with the first pick and we're on the clock to see what he could get in a trade down package.

95% of the board would go nuts if JD kept Sam and wasn't offered FMV for the #2 and keeps it so he can take a non-QB with the pick. Personally I think that Sam is at least as good as the QB's in this class with the exception of TL and would like to see what he looks like with good coaching and an offensive system that fits his skill set. If forced to make a non-QB pick at #2 I'd go for the sure all-pro and potential HOF LT and be happy about it.

Absolutely nothing points to that other than your desire for the Jets to not pick Wilson. In fact there really isn't even a market for the 2nd pick. If there are any additional trades it will be to 4 or 5.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lol dude... that’s just a couple people but they’re plugged. I think the take away is ppl aren’t buying the MacJones stuff. 

I’m worried about you. 

I need to put into a coma until after the draft.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1