#23 - Who do you want?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best avaiable offensive lineman.

I’d be a pig in sh*t if this was our first 4 picks. Hopefully we sign Nelson via FA.    

If #2 is Wilson at QB, then #23, #34, #66 should (IMO) be used to support him with talent, specifically on the O-line and WR/RB. After that, do what you will (Edge, more CB's definitely) but by G

Posted Images

I want either Najee Harris/Travis Etienne at 23 and BAP IOL at 34. Flip it if you want, but I want an IOL and RB1 with those 2 picks. I like the WRs right now as a complete unit and I would look to maybe make a move for Ertz to pair with Herndon 

• Upvote 1

I like Tucker, but I really want the Jets to look into trading either up or down. Would really like to see them move back up into Top 10 maybe packaging Darnold and picks. Regardless if you take Wilson the next 3 picks should be some combination of OL, OL, TE/WR

I think the Jets have done enough on defense that their first two picks after Wilson must be offense.  I would pick OG/C at pick 23 and wr /te/rb at pick 34.  Top3 Wrs right now are not that bad for him.
Who are our starting corners?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Alijah Vera Tucker

Tevan Jenkins

Wyatt Davis

Jaycee Horn 

Zaven Collins

Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah

My man!

I've virtually the same list although I'd probably target OLinemen like Wyatt Davis or C Creed Humphrey a bit later, like #34.

Alijah Vera-Tucker (plug and play at OG, could turn into starting RT, can backup or maybe even start at LT.  Very versatile.  The single best player fit for the Jets in this Draft IMO.  Wouldn't be shocked to see a trade by the Jets that moves them into the Top 20 to try to get this guy, maybe the #23 and Sam Darnold to a team in the teens.)

Teven Jenkins (starts at either RG or RT on Day 1)

Zaven Collins (people here might lose their minds going with OLB when we have OL and CB needs, but I love this guy)

Jaycee Horn (probably a CB1 immediately for the Jets)

Greg Newsome (the top of that second tier of CBs after guys like Surtain, Horn, etc.)

....would probably be my list at #23.  I think at least one will be there, would LOVE for it to be Vera-Tucker.

• Upvote 2

Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah

This guy would be the best possible outcome and dream scenario. In todays NFL were're practically watching 7 on 7, and a OLB like him is neccessary. Especially with Miami most likely to select Pitts. Would have been good to get Neal but honestly he lacks tremendously in coverage. 

I think Wyatt Davis lacks versatility to be choosen in the first round. 

I like Tevan Jenkins, someone who can play G and pushed out to tackle if neccessary or needed. 

But ultimately we should trade back for more picks.

• Upvote 3

Best case but not likely: Alijah Vera Tucker

Realistic option: Jaycee Horn CB or Jaelan Phillips

Other option: trade down

Basically, I want to make it easy for Wilson to develop properly. So with our picks, I want us to first and foremost fix everything OL. Then fix the defense. Having a good defense allows us to remain balanced on offense. The worse thing we can do is have Wilson drop back 40 times with defenses just pinning their ears back knowing we are going to pass.

If we can do these two things plus adding a RB, I’ll call the draft a success.

Our receiving weapons are ok. We can then get our version Diggs in year 2. Basically follow the Bills model. I think they did it right.

Has to be IOL the way the offseason has unfolded and with Z. Wilson looking like a lock for #2. I could probably live with CB there, but I would puke if we draft a RB

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

OLB and CB are barren on this roster. Wouldn’t be shocked if they go defense at 23, double dip on OL later in the draft and use a 3rd on a WR or TE. 

If we really have to wait till the 3rd for a WR, I like Amari Rodgers from Clemson, who seems to be in that late 2nd-to-3rd round range.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

If we draft Wilson in my view any defensive player becomes irrelevant in the draft until Day 3. Cannot repeat the mistake we did with Sam.  OL,OL, TE. at a minimum in the next 4 picks by end of Day 2

I get it. But I also don’t think the offense is in bad shape. The WR room is the best they’ve had in forever, even without a ‘#1’. RBs by committee is fine, and perhaps they draft one in the mid rounds. There’s no TE at 23 worth grabbing.. but yes, I hope they target one later.  The guards need an upgrade, but you should be able to find one to plug in during rounds 3/4. Plus a good offensive system and decisive QB makes the entire OL look better, and everything I’ve read claims Fant, McGovern and GVR are better suited for the new zone blocking scheme. That said, If a good OL prospect slips maybe JD uses 23 or 34. 

The issue is as of today we have Cashman, Davis, Austin and Hall listed in four starting spots. The leads me to think we’re grabbing CB and/or OLB early.. it’s a new regime with no links to the previous drafts, so going offense at all costs probably isn’t their plan.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Trade up for Pitts 

Someone posted a possibility of Darnold and 23 to Denver for 9.  The thought of that happening has occupied my head all f-ing day.  Not sure which of the gems I'd be taking at 9, but I want to be there.

• Upvote 2
39 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Who are our starting corners?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

May sign a vet but for now hall and Poole.  Safeties are used a lot in the cover 3.  I hear you could probably draft one but d wait until round 3 as far as priority.  We need to surround out an with best talent  as protection that we can.  I’d rather wait a year to fill every hole on d.

I think there is a very high probability JD trades back. We needed a WR last year, had Mims sitting there and still traded back. I can't see anyone that special falling to 23 that would force JD to stay put. 

The draft seems to have a decent amount of talent at CB/Edge/OL that will be available at 23 and if the Jets aren't in love with any of them why not trade back a few spots, get one that falls and add some more draft capital. 

As for trading up for Pitts. Sure, but I think it will be way to expensive to get high enough to get Pitts. 

• Upvote 1

Ya'll really need to accept that JD is not going to go all offense in the first 4 rounds in the draft when OLB and CB are a black hole on this roster. 

At 23, if Jaelan Phillips or Owusu-Koramoah are there, you take them without thinking. You either create a nasty D-line or get a weapon in coverage in a barren LB corps. 

The rest of the draft? Get a CB with starting potential, find a successor to Fant at RT, another guard, Jaelon Darden and a friggin kicker. And if we take Wilson, take a flyer on his TE Matt Bushman. 

30 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Question for you JNers... would you hate the pick if it was Jaelan Phillips?

Jaelan phillips is one of the few legit edge rushers in this draft that show out on his tape and obviously his athleticism backs it up. I don't think he's making it out of the top 15 now.

• Upvote 2