#23 - Who do you want?

Looking at the drafts historically, very good OCs always go higher than expected, usually in the first round.

I would not let McGovern get in the way or our drafting a top OC.  If Creed Humphrey is there, I think you have to take him and lock the position down for 10 years.  A CB like Newsome without elite athleticism could be available at 34. 

The All-Rookie Gs last year were picked in the 3rd round and lower.  So were the Centers.  But I think Humphrey could be the value at 23.  

The Jets can try and fill  OG/OC in the 3rd round and below.  But I think Humphrey goes in the first round, like Ruiz, Bradbury, Ragnow and Price.  Very rare for G's to go in the first round.  23 is also a good spot for a RT, but 34 maybe better.  

• Upvote 4

Just now, Morrissey said:

It’ll be a 3 year plan with Wilson, I think we should prioritize protection on year 1. OL 23 and 34. 

If the Jets picked the best available OL at picks 23 and 34, there is no question that their OL will be much, much better than it was last year.  

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

Looking at the drafts historically, very good OCs always go higher than expected, usually in the first round.

I would not let McGovern get in the way or our drafting a top OC.  If Creed Humphrey is there, I think you have to take him and lock the position down for 10 years.  A CB like Newsome without elite athleticism could be available at 34. 

The All-Rookie Gs last year were picked in the 3rd round and lower.  So were the Centers.  But I think Humphrey could be the value at 23.  

The Jets can try and fill  OG/OC in the 3rd round and below.  But I think Humphrey goes in the first round, like Ruiz, Bradbury, Ragnow and Price.  Very rare for G's to go in the first round.  23 is also a good spot for a RT, but 34 maybe better.  

Agreed. Draft Creed, and you improve at Center and RG.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, varjet said:

100%

• Upvote 1

There are four loaded positions in the mid-1st to mid-2nd range.  Edge, WR, OL and CB.  I think if there is an obvious BPA at any of those positions at #23, you can take him.  If you went Defense there, go Offense at #34.  If Offense at #23, you could go either way at #34.  But you are going to get two very good prospects at those positions.

• Upvote 3

Tough, really depends on value / who's available :
#23 - Humprey ( C ) kills 2 birds with 1 stone / AJT ( G )- plug & play, fits system / Paye (DE) - beast or bust, high ceiling /Newsome ( CB )- perfect starting cb fit
I'd still lean offense
I just want Spencer Brown ( RT ) with one of our picks in this draft.

Sent from my SM-G930V using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

If we draft Wilson in my view any defensive player becomes irrelevant in the draft until Day 3. Cannot repeat the mistake we did with Sam.  OL,OL, TE. at a minimum in the next 4 picks by end of Day 2

This.... need to get this kid weapons. 

At the end of the day, who ever JD picks....they need to have an immediate impact and be good. If the picks from Seattle do not group to create the value of Jamal adams i will look at it as a disaster. I would prefer the pick to be the best offensive lineman available. Because IOL are not viewed as "Premium" there is a really good chance that a good prospect can reach #23. Think about how bad our drafts have been. If we can start hitting on players regardless of positional value (Except QB) we will see things trending upwards

I mocked us getting Jalen Phillips as recently as last week. That guys going top 10 now.

I think Caleb Farley will fall and I’d love to grab him or trade back. Kwity Paye would be nice

In terms of moving up I would think if Waddle or perhaps Slater fall we would look into moving up. 

The way Douglas did the contracts on Oline to me says he’s drafting a few lineman this year high. Excited to see which guys he goes after there.

• Upvote 2

I love Jaelen Phillips but the 3x concussions within close proximity is really tough. He can have a great career or he can take the wrong hit and end his career early. 

someone going to pull the trigger on him and get great value likely but it’s just not a dice roll I’m doing in the first round 

• Sympathy 1