1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Facts.  Stats.  Bias.  Color.  Subjective. Mafia.  Regale. Stache. 

Pantyhose. 

Who are you? 

Lol don't care.

You seem to care a lot, actually.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Revis was the best player at his position during his era.

Namath by a mile!!!

Revis was unquestionably a better DB than Namath was a QB.  Namath is one of the worst QB's in the HOF. Revis will be in the top 2-3 CB's in the HOF. And don't worry, I'm 45, and I neve

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

That's right, these are facts, uncolored by bias or half a century old subjective memory.

They also don't take into account who wore panty-hose on TV, hung out with crooners or mafia dons, or rocked the greatest stash' in NFL history.

By all means, though, if you'd like to regale us with your tales of what "your own eyes" saw 50 years ago, feel free to add it to the conversation.

All opinions are welcome, even yours.

Until we win another Super Bowl all you have to do is say thank you Joe. After our next one you and I can sip a single malt together and talk about how much better our new Super Bowl winning QB is than Namath. Until then it’s just,” thank you Joe!” 

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

If you think Bob Griese was a better QB than Namath--base purely on "statz", then notwithstanding not having seen them, you're a moron.  

Remember how GREAT Griese was in that undeafeated season?

All those wins.  By himself.  No help.  Did all himself.

Kids don't know the real story without the google.  

Too funny. 

Cheering from the sidelines with his broken leg.

Best season ever and he barely even played, but he's in the hof.

38 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

A Warfish against a PeaceFrog?? That's like Mawae vs Tom Shane..:eek: 

Weird the millennial love in this place. 

Thought you were from my generation. 

Another board maybe. Harley and guns.  

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Cheering from the sidelines with his broken leg.

Best season ever and he barely even played, but he's in the hof.

It’s funny how dudes that were born 20 years later google “Bob Griese” and say “look at the statz!”

Griese barely played in the perfect season but kids seem to think he was the Brady of that team. 

Have never even heard of Earl Morrall. Obviously never googled the perfect season or, perhaps, the Colts 1968 season and Super Bowl III. 

Lol. Statz! 

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Weird the millennial love in this place. 

Thought you were from my generation. 

Another board maybe. Harley and guns.  

I know Warfish and he's allot bigger then Mawae..B) BTW don't have my Harley anymore but still got my guns..

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Maybe a name change?? Ferocious Frog or WarFrog ?? Although maybe you were a flower child??B)

Nah my older sisters were flower children. 

I was more a late-teen of the 70s. 

I do owe them a debt of gratitude though, Santana Abraxas and The Jimi Hendrix Experience. 

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

After our next one you and I can sip a single malt together and talk about how much better our new Super Bowl winning QB is than Namath. 

Sounds great, brother.  If only.

• Post of the Week 1
8 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

You’re arguing with “Jet fans” who have an irrational hate for Namath. 

Been happening on these boards for years. 

Pathetic. 

I personally do not have a hate for Namath. I adore him because I think he is what makes the jets history (bc without him i mean....uk) but I wanted to see what people thought 

On 3/29/2021 at 9:54 PM, Peace Frog said:

Namath was a better QB during his prime than Revis was a CB in his prime.

I agree but Revis is severely underrated on this board. 

12 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Seriously?  This board is full of adulation for the sellfish money grubbing jerk that only cared about one thing, and it wasn't winning football games.  

I hated Revis.  I still recognize he was the single best player we ever drafted and played for us.  Selfish, money grubbing jerk aside, the guy was a fantastic football player.  

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

I personally do not have a hate for Namath. I adore him because I think he is what makes the jets history (bc without him i mean....uk) but I wanted to see what people thought 

Ignore him, nobody "hates" Joe Namath ffs.   It's a ridiculous idea.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

It's a fair question but based entirely on opinion.  There are no "metrics" that prove to a certitude one way or the other whose opinion is "right".

But every year a Namath thread gets started and the same few "fans" that inexplicably hate Namath have an obssesive compulsion to crap on him.  After never having seen him play.  

/shrug

• Upvote 3
22 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

If you think Bob Griese was a better QB than Namath--base purely on "statz", then notwithstanding not having seen them, you're a moron.  

Remember how GREAT Griese was in that undeafeated season?

All those wins.  By himself.  No help.  Did all himself.

Kids don't know the real story without the google.  

Too funny. 

Here's a fact about the Miami undefeated season.  Earl Morrall at 38 was selected as a first team all pro for his 9 wins in 9 starts.  Griese went down in game 5.   Earl got All pro status with 1360 passing yards and 11 TD's.   His QBR that year was 91 which was 19.4 points higher than Griese on the same team in his 5 starts.  Griese had a wonderful 71.6 rating.  That team was No. 1 in rushing yards with just under 3,000 yards and a 4.8 per for the team.   Csonka and Morris both had over a 1000 yards and both were over 5 yards per.  

Griese was a handoff machine that occasionally threw a play action pass to HOF WR Paul Warfield.  

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Here's a fact about the Miami undefeated season.  Earl Morrall at 38 was selected as a first team all pro for his 9 wins in 9 starts.  Griese went down in game 5.   Earl got All pro status with 1360 passing yards and 11 TD's.   His QBR that year was 91 which was 19.4 points higher than Griese on the same team in his 5 starts.  Griese had a wonderful 71.6 rating.  That team was No. 1 in rushing yards with just under 3,000 yards and a 4.8 per for the team.   Csonka and Morris both had over a 1000 yards and both were over 5 yards per.  

Griese was a handoff machine that occasionally threw a play action pass to HOF WR Paul Warfield.  

Which is why I was laughing about someone comparing him to Namath.  

Yeah, Earl Morral was the QB of that perfect season team, took them through the AFC championship game to get to the SB and  Griese replaced him in the SB he was 8-11 for 88 yards 1 TD and 1 INT.  

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Seriously?  This board is full of adulation for the sellfish money grubbing jerk that only cared about one thing, and it wasn't winning football games.  

Why does he have to care? His production alone is not enough? 

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Seriously? The idea is to win games, not aim for individual production to make more money. Last time I checked it’s a team sport. Otherwise, why have playoffs and a Super Bowl.

I’m not disagreeing with you. But individually, looking strictly at Darrelle Revis, he’s one of the greatest corners of all time. 

There are GREAT players that played for sh*tty teams. 

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

I’m not disagreeing with you. But individually, looking strictly at Darrelle Revis, he’s one of the greatest corners of all time. 

There are GREAT players that played for sh*tty teams. 

He actually had his best seasons on some very good Jets teams that came within a game of the SB. He just clearly never cared about the team and winning. He only cared about how much he was being paid - season by season.  Every season was either a hold out or a threatened hold out.  He also was never a leader. Those Jets teams were somewhat dysfunctional, but again, all he was concerned about was being the highest paid CB in football each and every season.  

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
On 3/30/2021 at 12:16 PM, Savage69 said:

The rules for cb's were different then not to mention the D-Line can no longer head slap the helmets of the O-line when the ball is snapped among other things that was changed starting in 1978..

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Mel-Blount-Rule-Pittsburgh-Steelers--44461148/

I understand that but what is your point?

On 3/30/2021 at 12:36 PM, Biggs said:

Both Boozer and Snell were hurt that year.  I think Elliot and Philbin were also hurt.  Namath kept them in the hunt for a playoff spot that year.   It was a fun team to watch because of Namath but the reality is the Chiefs and Raiders were much better than us.  We probably should have won the tie against Houston.  Namath threw 2 pick 6's but they also had a 70 yard TD on a blocked FG.  That team didn't have a good running game and the D wasn't stout enough.  We were turned into a pass only team.  Namath was a blast to watch that year.   Too bad you missed it.  Great memories.

The bottom line is his Ints killed them that year.

I wish I had a chance to watch a mostly healthy Namath play.  I wish he was mostly healthy throughout his career.  I know how great his ability was before injuries robbed that from him

13 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He actually had his best seasons on some very good Jets teams that came within a game of the SB. He just clearly never cared about the team and winning. He only cared about how much he was being paid - season by season.  Every season was either a hold out or a threatened hold out.  He also was never a leader. Those Jets teams were somewhat dysfunctional, but again, all he was concerned about was being the highest paid CB in football each and every season.  

The totality of Revis' career is not nearly as impressive as the adulation he gets specifically for his 2009. Compare him to the other great CB's and they all had a lot more longevity and more turnovers/game breaking plays. He was basically done at 30 and was never able to transition to a zone corner or safety. He was a liability during his second stint on the Jets.

On 3/30/2021 at 1:00 PM, Savage69 said:

You still can't compare the era's they played in.. Could todays QB's have the same stats if they could get hit like they were before all the rule changes?? I think not...

Joe wasn't the best QB of his era though, the proper way to compare is vs their era and Revis was the best CB of his era(and best D player for a while).  The greats of Joe's era there more Ints than today obviously but they didn't throw Ints at the same rate as Joe.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The totality of Revis' career is not nearly as impressive as the adulation he gets specifically for his 2009. Compare him to the other great CB's and they all had a lot more longevity and more turnovers/game breaking plays. He was basically done at 30 and was never able to transition to a zone corner or safety. He was a liability during his second stint on the Jets.

Revis was a 4 time 1st team all pro which is as many as HOFer Rod Woodson and more than HoFers/future HOFers Darrell Green, Champ Bailey, Ty Law, Aeneas Williams, Mike Haynes, Lem Barney, Mel Blount, Ronde Barber, Richard Sherman.

No corner, not Deion or anyone else, dominated as a cover corner the way Revis did in his prime. QBs literally stopped throwing his way which is why his TO numbers were down, he took away the best WR on the other team every game.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Why couldn't he be concerned with both?  That's like saying Namath want concerned about winning he was kicking concerned about his bar.

If he wasn't putting in the work to get better and flopped when he got paid maybe I'd agree but he was as good, if not better, in 2010(after he recovered from hamstring) after signing his big deal just prior to 2010 season.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Revis was a 4 time 1st team all pro which is as many as HOFer Rod Woodson and more than HoFers/future HOFers Darrell Green, Champ Bailey, Ty Law, Aeneas Williams, Mike Haynes, Lem Barney, Mel Blount, Ronde Barber, Richard Sherman.

No corner, not Deion or anyone else, dominated as a cover corner the way Revis did in his prime. QBs literally stopped throwing his way which is why his TO numbers were down, he took away the best WR on the other team every game.

He dominated for 2 seasons. Rod Woodson has like 70 career interceptions lol. They are not close.

Just now, Matt39 said:

He dominated for 2 seasons. Rod Woodson has like 70 career interceptions lol. They are not close.

Rid woodson went on to become a great S, he was a better S than corner.  I think he was a little overrated as a corner.  He never did what Revis did as a corner.

Again, Revis made 4 1st team all pros as well as all decade so it was more than 2 seasons.

23 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Seriously? The idea is to win games, not aim for individual production to make more money. Last time I checked it’s a team sport. Otherwise, why have playoffs and a Super Bowl.

Last time I checked playing well, being the best at your position, being a HOF player not only gets you paid helps your team win.  What else do you want him to do?  Whats the fictional situation where you hurt your statistics and status in the league to help your team win?  

Revis played well and helped the team win

Namath is the more important player, left a bigger mark in the game and had one hell of a run before the injuries took their toll.  

• Upvote 1