Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 3/29/2021 at 10:14 PM, GandWFan said:

You are absolutely correct. I saw them both. Joe OWNED this town. Revis only played here. 

The position he played had something to do with that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Revis was the best player at his position during his era.

Namath by a mile!!!

Revis was unquestionably a better DB than Namath was a QB.  Namath is one of the worst QB's in the HOF. Revis will be in the top 2-3 CB's in the HOF. And don't worry, I'm 45, and I neve

Posted Images

On 4/2/2021 at 9:08 PM, Charlie Brown said:

LT of the Giants was the best player I have ever seen --- just saying........

 

Snorting coke before games helped

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, genot said:

Snorting coke before games helped

A lot of surgeons and stock brokers thought it helped their performance but there's not a lot of statistical evidence that it improved their patience or investors outcomes. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The discussion was about certain DBs being better because they had more Ints.  I said judging a CB on Ints was a mistake and you waddled into the discussion to blast me for it.

So QBs stopped going after him which was why his ints went down? You don't say?  You do realize that was the point, right?

 

 

 

So why would Baltimore, the best team in football be afraid of the Interception machine throwing the ball and let the Jets run all over them?  You would think they would have crowded the LOS and waited for the run of turnovers.  Namath threw a couple of deep balls early and handed the ball of for most of the rest of the game.  I guess Interceptions really don't matter.  You do realize that was the point, right?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2021 at 2:40 PM, Biggs said:

So why would Baltimore, the best team in football be afraid of the Interception machine throwing the ball and let the Jets run all over them?  You would think they would have crowded the LOS and waited for the run of turnovers.  Namath threw a couple of deep balls early and handed the ball of for most of the rest of the game.  I guess Interceptions really don't matter.  You do realize that was the point, right?

 

I never said Namath sucked, I said his Ints cost them the division title in 1967.  You have done nothing but deflect from that fact.  You keep talking about other things but please show me how his Ints didn't hurt them in 1967 and maybe I'll change my mind?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I never said Namath sucked, I said his Ints cost them the division title in 1967.  You have done nothing but deflect from that fact.  You keep talking about other things but please show me how his Ints didn't hurt them in 1967 and maybe I'll change my mind?

Are you making the argument that the 1967 Jets make the playoffs with Mike Tailefero starting at QB?   He would have been the QB if Namath didn't start.  He had a career record of 2 and 4 playing with that Jets team.   Pretty dumb argument. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Are you making the argument that the 1967 Jets make the playoffs with Mike Tailefero starting at QB?   He would have been the QB if Namath didn't start.  He had a career record of 2 and 4 playing with that Jets team.   Pretty dumb argument. 

I'm arguing if they got better QB play, specifically if the QB didn't throw a million Ints, they win the division.  You have placed no blame on the QB and showed no evidence it wasn't because of the QB that they failed to win the division.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I'm arguing if they got better QB play, specifically if the QB didn't throw a million Ints, they win the division.  You have placed no blame on the QB and showed no evidence it wasn't because of the QB that they failed to win the division.

Actually I proved your premise wrong you just ignored it.  Don't pretend I didn't explain my reasoning.  

You completely ignore that both Snell and Boozer were hurt that year and it was the first winning season in the teams history engeneered in large part by a young inexperienced QB with enormous talent that made mistakes and enough big plays that we had a winning season.  

My contention is it was a big step toward the championship.  Your contention is to blame him for a mediocre team not making the playoffs because with him they were good enough to make the playoffs if he played better or if some other QB who didn't exist gave us better QB play.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Biggs said:

Actually I proved your premise wrong you just ignored it.  Don't pretend I didn't explain my reasoning.  

You completely ignore that both Snell and Boozer were hurt that year and it was the first winning season in the teams history engeneered in large part by a young inexperienced QB with enormous talent that made mistakes and enough big plays that we had a winning season.  

My contention is it was a big step toward the championship.  Your contention is to blame him for a mediocre team not making the playoffs because with him they were good enough to make the playoffs if he played better or if some other QB who didn't exist gave us better QB play.   

What are you doing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2021 at 5:52 PM, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

I have to admit that I have never seen Joe Namath play as I am a relatively young fan (21). I also fully acknowledge that Joe Namath IMO is the greatest "Jet" of all time due to the super bowl, only 4000 yard season, the guarantee, probably still the face of franchise, and many other accolades.  But as good as Joe Namath was, at Revis's respective position, was he better at his job than Namath was at his? There is a real argument to be made Revis is a top three CB of all time and definitely top 5. As well as his 2009 campaign being the best season from a cornerback to ever play.  Nobody would look at Namath in that tier of QB's. So In short what I am asking is, Although Namath was the greatest "Jet" of all time, Was Revis the greatest "player"?

I don't think you understand how great namath was. Not to mention he is a qb and not a cb...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2021 at 9:52 PM, Larz said:

The AFL was desperate for headlines, and sonny werblin wanted a star 

namath at Alabama would call his own plays and sometimes would call 6 passes in a game if the run game was working 

with the jets after the knee injuries and the fame and dames Namath started drinking and throwing deep just to make back pages. 
 

Namath stats in the nfl don’t reflect his talent


The physicality was so different as well. Ben Davidson broke joes nose on purpose and Namath didn’t come out of the game 

impossible to compare eras and positions 

about the only similarity is both players had a high peak. 

Namath had a broken cheekbone, and it was Ike Lassiter that did it in all likelihood despite it being attributed to Davidson

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 11:21 AM, Biggs said:

Actually I proved your premise wrong you just ignored it.  Don't pretend I didn't explain my reasoning.  

You completely ignore that both Snell and Boozer were hurt that year and it was the first winning season in the teams history engeneered in large part by a young inexperienced QB with enormous talent that made mistakes and enough big plays that we had a winning season.  

My contention is it was a big step toward the championship.  Your contention is to blame him for a mediocre team not making the playoffs because with him they were good enough to make the playoffs if he played better or if some other QB who didn't exist gave us better QB play.   

You didn't prove anything, as usual.  You can't praise the man for yards and ignore the Ints that killed that team.  He was still a young QB, I'm not saying he sucked.  He was still learning the pro game but he failed that year.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...