Mel Kiper's new Top 25

2 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Yup, this is the a$$hole who thought Jimmy Clausen was the second coming. 

There's a reason he's been doing this for 40 years and outside a possible prank never got a call from an NFL front office

He couldn't shine the shoes of Idzik or McCagnon. :)

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Pitts looks like a really nice prospect but I can't help but feel a little skeptical of ranking him second overall. How often do major TE prospects live up to the hype? Most of the great NFL TEs I can think of were found later in the draft. 

We'll find out when the Dolphins take him at #6.

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Pitts looks like a really nice prospect but I can't help but feel a little skeptical of ranking him second overall. How often do major TE prospects live up to the hype? Most of the great NFL TEs I can think of were found later in the draft. 

He’s not really a TE, not like you know it, he’s a freak hybrid with WR skills that put him in the Julio Jones/ Megatron category but who can still play inline and block well enough and willingly enough to offer the flexibility to move around.
If he fulfils his potential he’ll be an extraordinary weapon and mismatch for a team that uses him properly. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

If he was labeled as a WR coming out would you feel differently about him?

• Upvote 1

It never ceases to amaze me how no matter what Jets do people will always find a way to ridicule them. I know they’ve deserved it in the past but I don’t get the narrative with Darnold. Joe  Douglas didn’t draft him, Saleh is new HC, he has played piss poor past 3 years. I get it - previous regime screwed him and Sam can still be a starter but it doesn’t make sense given our situation. 

Now somehow 49ers gunna be geniuses and Jets are buncha shmucks. Where’s the respect for Douglas and his process. 

Mel Kiper doing this purely in spite of Jets ruining Darnold. They’re all mad we ruined Darnold. Nobody is more mad than us fans but we gotta keep it movin. Buncha biased bozos 

29 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

He’s not really a TE, not like you know it, he’s a freak hybrid with WR skills that put him in the Julio Jones/ Megatron category but who can still play inline and block well enough and willingly enough to offer the flexibility to move around.
If he fulfils his potential he’ll be an extraordinary weapon and mismatch for a team that uses him properly. 

This!

I think the current NFL player he most compares to is Darren Waller....who was labeled a "flex end" (which admittedly I had never heard before but it is perfect) by some draft analysts when he came out

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/3/18/8239775/darren-waller-2015-nfl-draft-scouting-report

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Kiper, I believe, is a long-time Jet hater...

Don't be surprised if Wilson continues to drop in his mocks, as the Wilson-Jets link increases...

Kiper is a Ravens fan, not a Jet hater. 

Hard to expect a man that studies collegiate film all year to respect a franchise that drafts as horribly as the Jets...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

What ever do you mean ?

2064710_kyle-brady_1.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Yup, this is the a$$hole who thought Jimmy Clausen was the second coming. 

There's a reason he's been doing this for 40 years and outside a possible prank never got a call from an NFL front office

Remember the Colts owner blowing-up about Kiper after the 1992 draft ??? The Colts drafted Steve Emptman Quentin Coryatt 1 and 2 over all.  Kiper wrecked them for those selections and the Colts owner went ballistic.  Said "Kiper has never even put on a jock strap" and a few other choice remarks. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

He couldn't shine the shoes of Idzik or McCagnon. :)

What a DUMB statement. Idzik and Macagnan weren't smart enough to wear shoes. They weren't even house trained. Mac was caught shtiting on the floor at Jets headquarters. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

If he was labeled as a WR coming out would you feel differently about him?

If he actually played WR, yes. I don’t think labels matter. It does matter where you actually line up.

And I’m not necessarily saying he won’t be awesome, just that I would probably draft chase over him 

• Upvote 1

Even though I'm not a big Darnold fan, I'd keep him another year to see if he can play with talent around him.  The Jets have so many holes to fill, they should trade down for more picks.  The OL needs to be fixed.  If Darnold plays well this year we keep him.  If he sucks we will have a high pick next year to get a QB.  Is anyone here actually thinking the Jets make the playoffs this year?  We need to build for two years down the road.

• Sympathy 1