Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Poor JD...

Imagine the pressure...

After these 2 pro-days...

Wilson ahead of Fields?...

Fields ahead of Wilson?...

Lower probability that both will be busts, or that both will be good...

Higher chance that one will be solid and that one will bust...

But who is the right pick?...

Poor Jet fans...

If history holds, lower probability that JD will make the right pick...

Higher probability that 3-5 years from now, JD will be gone...

And we will be sitting here, again, with a top 5 pick...

Analyzing QB pro-days...

5449EDAA-AF9D-46D0-B54F-97428811CDE6.gif

 

 

 

  • Thumb Down 6
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor JD... Imagine the pressure... After these 2 pro-days... Wilson ahead of Fields?... Fields ahead of Wilson?... Lower probability that both will be busts, or that both will

Might be a tough decision but you don’t base the pick on a pro day. Comes down to ALL of the tape they have on each player. 

Who?

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

Might he a tough decision but you don’t base the pick on a pro day. Comes down to ALL of the tape they have on each player. 

Nope.  Not allowed to consider the OSU-Clemson tape.  Or the BYU-CCU tape.  Those games don't count ;)

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The decision was made before today. Wilson is our guy, he is the best QB in the draft and a perfect fit for our system. In years to come, beating the Rams will go down as one of the best wins in Jets history.

Fields will also flourish in the NFL. The best of luck to him. I think he'll have a better career than Lawrence. 

Douglas, Saleh and LeFleur are relishing what's in store in the draft, and do not care one iota about our history of drafting QBs. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

When we picked three a few years ago Darnold was the right pic at that time correct? So I think it’s more about how we develop the quarterback who we put around the quarterback the system were running and which quarterback is best for that system. They all have talent they all have good physical skills some are  better runners some have a stronger arms some are  more accurate but it’s what we do with the quarterback how we develop them that will make the difference.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Poor JD...

Imagine the pressure...

After these 2 pro-days...

Wilson ahead of Fields?...

Fields ahead of Wilson?...

Lower probability that both will be busts, or that both will be good...

Higher chance that one will be solid and that one will bust...

But who is the right pick?...

Poor Jet fans...

If history holds, lower probability that JD will make the right pick...

Higher probability that 3-5 years from now, JD will be gone...

And we will be sitting here, again, with a top 5 pick...

Analyzing QB pro-days...

5449EDAA-AF9D-46D0-B54F-97428811CDE6.gif

 

 

 

I think it'll be wilson

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

When we picked three a few years ago Darnold was the right pic at that time correct? So I think it’s more about how we develop the quarterback who we put around the quarterback the system were running and which quarterback is best for that system. They all have talent they all have good physical skills some are  better runners some have a stronger arms some are  more accurate but it’s what we do with the quarterback how we develop them that will make the difference.

This x10000 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

Zack Wilson was sacked 11 times in 12 games last season.

Just maybe because he is better under pressure as well.

 

Ohio State had one of the best offensive line in football too.

Don't you think the fact that fields holds the ball longer then pretty much everyone in this class is a contributing factor to him getting sacked more? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

Just maybe because he is better under pressure as well.

 

Ohio State had one of the best offensive line in football too.

Don't you think the fact that fields holds the ball longer then pretty much everyone in this class is a contributing factor to him getting sacked more? 

Yes, but only if we acknowledge that the defenses Fields faced this year were far superior to the defenses Wilson faced this year. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

Who?

Screenshot_20210331_090509.jpg

This should be pinned to the front page.

Wilson got rid of the ball something like a half a second quicker than Fields on average. Any myth about Wilson being better because he had more times/less pressure is f*cking laughable. He was demonstrably better in those conditions. Far, far better.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

This should be pinned to the front page.

Wilson got rid of the ball something like a half a second quicker than Fields on average. Any myth about Wilson being better because he had more times/less pressure is f*cking laughable. He was demonstrably better in those conditions. Far, far better.

11 sacks in 12 games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who's going to be the first person to start the Fields will be a Jets thread the day after we draft Wilson?

"JD plans to trade Wilson for Fields"

"He knew there was more value to draft Wilson, so in his genius he knew to take Wilson and trade him for Fields later - it's just a matter of when JD pulls the triggers - Fields will be a Jet"

................

I can promise y'all there will a thread similar to this after we draft Wilson and far too many people on this board will give credence to it..

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, but only if we acknowledge that the defenses Fields faced this year were far superior to the defenses Wilson faced this year. 

Compare the BYU v Coastal Carolina tape to the Ohio State v Indiana or Northwestern.

Those are considered the 'bad games' for each prospect from 2020. Both Quarterbacks that usually enjoy great protection were under duress in each contest. 

I think those two games make one question Fields far more than the CC game makes someone question Wilson.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, but only if we acknowledge that the defenses Fields faced this year were far superior to the defenses Wilson faced this year. 

What about his WR? Fields was throwing to WR who are  consensus first rounders next year. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Compare the BYU v Coastal Carolina tape to the Ohio State v Indiana or Northwestern.

Those are considered the 'bad games' for each prospect from 2020. Both Quarterbacks that usually enjoy great protection were under duress in each contest. 

I think those two games make one question Fields far more than the CC game makes someone question Wilson.

I’m not a huge Fields guy either, but I’m bad at understanding which QBs will be good. But if we’re talking tools and skill sets, I think Fields is the superior guy by a lot. I worry that Wilson has a huge learning curve ahead of him when it comes to the physicality of the NFL game.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

What about his WR? Fields was throwing to WR who are  consensus first rounders next year. 

 

All that is true, of course. As I just wrote above, the big question that has to be answered about Wilson is how he transitions to being chased around and beat up on every play. I am not sure he has a lot of experience with it, but we know Fields does.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I could run it like Fields, I'd hold onto the ball forever, too.  Just saying.  Extending the play as long as possible is the right call, always, when you're as dangerous as he is.

Not that that takes anything away from the stats suggesting Wilson is better at handling the blitz.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

 

Screenshot_20210331_094056.jpg

I mean, 68% completions, 63 TDS and 9 picks in 22 career starts, almost all of which came against better defenses than Wilson has ever seen in his life.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

I mean, 68% completions, 63 TDS and 9 picks in 22 career starts, almost all of which came against better defenses than Wilson has ever seen in his life.

But he also played with better players than Wilson ever has in his life, so that argument doesn’t really work. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But he also played with better players than Wilson ever has in his life, so that argument doesn’t really work. 

Fast forward a few months and Wilson is going to have the luxury of playing against defensive talent he’s never come close to seeing *and* he’ll be playing with lesser talent than the teams he’s facing, so we better hope he has some innate courage.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K_O_Brien said:

The decision was made before today. Wilson is our guy, he is the best QB in the draft and a perfect fit for our system. In years to come, beating the Rams will go down as one of the best wins in Jets history.

Fields will also flourish in the NFL. The best of luck to him. I think he'll have a better career than Lawrence. 

Douglas, Saleh and LeFleur are relishing what's in store in the draft, and do not care one iota about our history of drafting QBs. 

If wilson is the best qb why wouldn't the jaguars take him #1

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not a huge Fields guy either, but I’m bad at understanding which QBs will be good. But if we’re talking tools and skill sets, I think Fields is the superior guy by a lot. I worry that Wilson has a huge learning curve ahead of him when it comes to the physicality of the NFL game.

I can respect that getting hit by NFL talent is going to be a bigger adjustment for Wilson than for Fields.

I just think Fields is more risky because his bad games are worse. It's not like Northwestern or Indiana were favorites against Ohio State. And OSU won those games despite Fields. The only reason BYU was in that CC game at the end was because of New Zach City - and they were stopped at the 2 when time ran out. 

It's a risk either way, but I'd prefer to risk injury (other than whatever is going on with that shoulder, which I have absolutely no expertise or data on) than risk inconsistency. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...