28 minutes ago, TnT said:

Haven’t really read much of people suggesting this...it’s usually one or the other.

I have read here...on many occasions in the past...draft a QB every year until you have one.

At this point, SD is only going to garner MAYBE IF WE’RE LUCKY a mid-late 2nd rounder...if JoeD can’t get us going without that 2nd...as many picks as we currently have, don’t want HIM here.

Dont care about the cap...we’re not going to use it all...not my money anyway.

Whichever one outshines the other, starts...don’t care about feelings, don’t care about media, don’t care about anything but enjoying my FCKN Sundays again,..cause I’m at the end of my rope with this money machine of a franchise.

And that goes for the Knicks too.

You think we couldn’t use another 2nd rounder on this roster?  Crazy talk.  Another second rounder could bring in a IOL, WR, RB, or a TE...all more useful for the new QB than keeping Darnold on the bench for another year with zero trade value at the end of the year.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Then we are ****ed not good 

why? If Sam plays good he becomes a valuable commodity. We can franchise him and trade him for draft picks.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
1 minute ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

You think we couldn’t use another 2bd rounder on this roster?  Crazy talk.  Another second rounder could bring in a IOL, WR, RB, or a TE...all more useful for the new QB than keeping Darnold on the bench for another year with zero trade value at the end of the year.

Yup, I think a backup QB that can play to possibly win games in case the other isn’t or is injured is valuable too.

I think with a good front office and free agency, we can afford the EXTRA 2nd rounder...let’s revisit this when/if we see where the pick is that we get for him.

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

You think we couldn’t use another 2nd rounder on this roster?  Crazy talk.  Another second rounder could bring in a IOL, WR, RB, or a TE...all more useful for the new QB than keeping Darnold on the bench for another year with zero trade value at the end of the year.

Nobodies giving up a second for Sam. I’d send back a 4th or 5th they did. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This.

and if Joe D can’t use the 20 picks in the next couple drafts...as much as I like him, maybe he’s not qualified.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well I’ll give you that, but  if everyone else can see he sucks then why do we want to keep him lol?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I agree. But if they are only offered a 3rd or less than you keep Sam. You already know him and he won't create issues and you don't have to go out and get another QB.

Sam is worth whatever we can get for him right now cause the film sucks. Reverse side is he's not that bad and we ruined him.

Maybe it's guilt, but I say let the kid go if we're taking Wilson. He didn't do anything wrong but get drafted by us

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

worst idea i ever heard.

and the OP does care....

doesn't care if Sam beats Zach and we bust the 2OA pick. which is worth a really good player or a bunch of 1st rd picks in a trade...

doesn't care of the media circus having the former savior of the franchise duke it out with the new. welcome back to the circus. 

the QB controversy will be the biggest news in NY sports. and Saleh will answer questions every single day on it. nice position to put your rookie coach.

there is a reason nobody does this. 

Minshew will be gone before the start of the season. Rosen wasnt keep after one year to fight Murray. 

only this fan base wants to give Sam a 4th year even after everyone tells you how down the rest of the league is with him.

makes me wonder if we drafted Rosen if he would still be here and you guys pushing for a 4th year.

but admit it you Sam guys. if you get a 1 or a 2 for Sam you would trade him. its not about Sams talent. its that you dont want to trade him for less. your willing to " bite your nose off to spite your face "

but JD isnt that stupid. he is not going to put that kind of pressure on HIS QB. he will give HIS QB every opportunity to succeed. BTW HIS QB is the guy HE drafted. that will be Zach Wilson. if Sam does well it makes JD look bad for drafting Wilson. i doubt JD wants Sam on this team.

Sam is a good guy. but his mere pressence on this team would be a HUGH distraction. he must go!!

and dont rule out a release. i think JD can get at least a 4th for Sam but he released Lev Bell. he didnt keep him on the team cause he got nothing for him. he knew Lev Bell had to go....... Sam Darnold has to go too.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
3 hours ago, TnT said:

Haven’t really read much of people suggesting this...it’s usually one or the other.

I have read here...on many occasions in the past...draft a QB every year until you have one.

At this point, SD is only going to garner MAYBE IF WE’RE LUCKY a mid-late 2nd rounder...if JoeD can’t get us going without that 2nd...as many picks as we currently have, don’t want HIM here.

Whichever one outshines the other, starts...don’t care about feelings, don’t care about media, don’t care about anything but enjoying my FCKN Sundays again,..cause I’m at the end of my rope with this money machine of a franchise.

You cannot keep Darnold. You don’t draft a QB at 2 and have a QB competition. Get rid of Sam if you draft Wilson. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Insulting Chloe Bailey GIF by grown-ish

Have you seen the roster they need every pick they can get and more. Also, a QB competition? Sam isn't an established vet so I'm not wasting time in the ever shorter off season on reps for a guy who is essentially preordained to not be the starter. Another day 2 pick could easily be an IOL starter, wait no the Jets oline is clearly solid enough apparently.

• Upvote 1

Mahomes sat for a year and it worked out fine. Brees v Rivers worked out fine. If we don’t get a top 50 pick, I’m on board with this. Nothing to lose and any player that can’t deal with competition,  ain’t worth it anyway

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

Mahomes sat for a year and it worked out fine. Brees v Rivers worked out fine. If we don’t get a top 50 pick, I’m on board with this. Nothing to lose and any player that can’t deal with competition ain’t worth it anyway

But it’s a stupid idea according to the 10+ successful GM’s on this forum.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, TnT said:

Lets Go Reaction GIF

7 minutes ago, TnT said:

But it’s a stupid idea according to the 10+ successful GM’s on this forum.

Mahomes sat behind a vet in Alex Smith, Brees did not post the worst quarterback rankings in the league for 2-3 years in a row.   Darnold is coming into his 4th year ranked as the worst starting quarterback in football.  If the Jets do this it will only be because they ****ed up and didn't trade him when there were more teams looking for a quarterback and could have gotten a second round pick.    You bring back Darnold with all the Wilson hype going around (assuming it's Wilson the take) and the circus will definitely be back in town.   The only positive is if another teams starter goes done say in camp and we can get that 2nd or maybe even 1st for him.   

19 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Have you seen the roster they need every pick they can get and more. Also, a QB competition? Sam isn't an established vet so I'm not wasting time in the ever shorter off season on reps for a guy who is essentially preordained to not be the starter. Another day 2 pick could easily be an IOL starter, wait no the Jets oline is clearly solid enough apparently.

They only need every single pick they can get because the 5 used on Ashtyn Davis, Jabari Zuniga, Cameron Clark, James Morgan, La’Mical Perine do not seem to have resulted in any starters.

• Upvote 1
Just now, jetstream23 said:

They only need every single pick they can get because the 5 used on Ashtyn Davis, Jabari Zuniga, Cameron Clark, James Morgan, La’Mical Perine do not seem to have resulted in any starters.

Ashtyn Davis could easily develop into a starter, IMO. Also curious to see Zuniga and Clark in year 2. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Mahomes sat behind a vet in Alex Smith, Brees did not post the worst quarterback rankings in the league for 2-3 years in a row.   Darnold is coming into his 4th year ranked as the worst starting quarterback in football.  If the Jets do this it will only be because they ****ed up and didn't trade him when there were more teams looking for a quarterback and could have gotten a second round pick.    You bring back Darnold with all the Wilson hype going around (assuming it's Wilson the take) and the circus will definitely be back in town.   The only positive is if another teams starter goes done say in camp and we can get that 2nd or maybe even 1st for him.   

Brees was horrible   And older

4 hours ago, Morrissey said:

why? If Sam plays good he becomes a valuable commodity. We can franchise him and trade him for draft picks.

What makes you think they’ll trade him for sure? 

14 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

A competent  front office and coaching staff can put the quash on any attempted circus narrative in the media....thats where it’s created and where it’s fueled.

Not a SD loyalist, I do feel that he is better than last years performance(s)...and there’s internal value in having an initial 1a, 1b. 
So they F’d up...you’re ok with riding that fkup til the wheels fall off or finding the best solution from there?

Without a team desperate because of injury, whats the get for Darnold right now?