No Extra Cost for Extra Game (NY JETS EMAIL)

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Nice.... but I'm still waiting for the email that says we'll pay by the Win!

I'd pay $300 a win but I want $0 per loss... and a free beer.

You pay by the win, but it's a supply and demand formula, and since there's so few of them...........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

How do they decide the home team for the extra game?  Alternating , I assume

They asked themselves, "What team in the entire history of the league has never lost to the New York Jets?  Yeah... the Eagles... that's who we'll give them."

#NoTeamHasEverGone0-17

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Nice marketing gimmick considering those of us who have already paid, did so for 10 games (8 reg/ 2 preseason) and now they’re playing 10 games at home (9 reg/1 pre season).. speaking nothing of the issue of having full capacity this season 

We will be full capacity 

2 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Nice marketing gimmick considering those of us who have already paid, did so for 10 games (8 reg/ 2 preseason) and now they’re playing 10 games at home (9 reg/1 pre season).. speaking nothing of the issue of having full capacity this season 

And I say the value of a regular season over a preseason is significant 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

They asked themselves, "What team in the entire history of the league has the never lost to the New York Jets?  Yeah... the Eagles... that's who we'll give them."

#NoTeamHasEverGone0-17

Exactly my thoughts.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Got the email...we wont get charged extra for the 9th home game this year.

Well done Jets!! Well done! 

Well it is because we were already paying full price for the pre-season game that got dropped.  :)

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well it is because we were already paying full price for the pre-season game that got dropped.  :)

This explains the entire situation. 

I was just on the phone with a friend of mine who has season tickets and he was confused. 

I just read him what you posted and he said I knew we weren't getting anything for nothing. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I take back my halfway nice comment. I thought they where actually giving people like you a good faith gesture. It wouldn't be a bad Idea. You've earned it. I should have known they wouldn't though

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This explains the entire situation. 

I was just on the phone with a friend of mine who has season tickets and he was confused. 

I just read him what you posted and he said I knew we weren't getting anything for nothing. 

Did you tell him that you and I are friends? I hope you told him we are friends.  Because we are friends. So you should tell people.  :)

14 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I take back my halfway nice comment. I thought they where actually giving people like you a good faith gesture. It wouldn't be a bad Idea. You've earned it. I should have known they wouldn't though

hahaha.

Technically we pay less for pre-season. So they could have found a way to increase prices. But limited capacity probably has them concerned.

• Haha 1

They have always tried to make it as 10 games is what we paid for.  Some years they used dynamic pricing some years they didn’t.  

Would have been difficult to raise prices after already charging most of us for 2021.  I’m sure they will be a price increase in 2023 when we host a 9th regular season game again.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes and no...

I mean if i didnt go to a waste of an eagles jets week 4 preseason game i could sell it for like 5 bucks

A jets eagles regualar game i may sell for 50

The value went up either way

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Will be interesting moving forward when we have two of the three preseason games as home games.  Do they make sure they schedule us for 8 home games so we keep at 10 total?  If we have two home preseason games and nine home regular season games do they toss the extra at no additional charge?

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

So you haven't gotten the follow-up letter about the 50% surcharge on parking and concession items for that Eagles game yet, huh?

Geez I already pay $125 per game to park the RV, preseason included. There are two things not allowed in this house:

1. Running with scissors

2. Joking about parking surcharges

I hate the Jets marketing people.  HATE.  So we are minus a preseason game and plus a reg season game.  That's a wash.  WTF are they talking about ... no "extra" charges?  What a bald-faced lie (unless you think it's the slight price difference between pre-season theft and regular season tickets).  Misleading and so typically Jetsy..  the Jets marketing group has always done crap like this.  (i.e. the horrible "rewards" program.)

15 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

And I say the value of a regular season over a preseason is significant 

there is like a $10 difference in price pre--season to reg season.  This is a bullspit marketing ploy. SO the Jets are bragging that they won't charge you an extra $10?  LMAO.  That marketing group... LOLz