TE Kyle Pitts could hug a 747 if he wanted

7 minutes ago, Bay Ridge Jet said:

I posted this in another thread but he’s got Calvin Johnson like measures 

People talk about Chase. He runs a 4.4 fourth at 210 lbs. This guy runs a 4.46 forty at 245 lbs. He's the best WR in the draft. Best TE in the draft. One of the best slot receivers in the draft. A weapon we need and can't afford to see drafted by Miami.

• Post of the Week 1

It’s fun when measurables mesh what you see. Pitts is insanely good at making plays with the ball outside his frame. The over seven foot wingspan probably is a big factor in that.

I’d give up a lot of capital to see him in green and white if the Jets don’t trade down. Just a huge piece to have.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I trade 23, a 3rd and a 1 next year to come up and get this guy to pair with Zach Wilson.  If miami takes chase at 6, we should get on the phones and move up to get Pitts.

Would take way too much and we need way too much help on the line to start giving up hauls.

5 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I'd love Pitts, however the Jets have a huge gaping wound at the QB spot so they've really gotta fix that before adding a TE, no matter how good.

HOWEVER.....

What if having an elite talent in TE helps make the QB a better prospect?  What if the reality is you DON'T build with the QB as the centrepiece, since right now in the current NFL, there isn't as many Dan Marino's who come into the league and carry a whole team on its back.  But rather, you need the better team first to carry the QB?

Patrick Mahomes looked rather Sam Darnold-ish during the Super Bowl when he didn't have the time or the players around him to be Patrick Mahomes-ish.

MAYBE we should build a team first that can truly compete, and then bring in a great prospect who is put into a great position to succeed?