TE Kyle Pitts could hug a 747 if he wanted

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They are just showing all the top QBs throwing at their pro days on NFL network.

Both Wilson and Fields looked better than Lawrence imo

Wilson has a 10/10 arm.  Fields has an 8.5/10 arm and lawrence has an 8/10 arm.

in a pro day setting, lawrence was never going to look better throwing the football then those 2.  But we all know, qb is about much more then your arm talent.

40 minutes ago, football guy said:

I think it’s pretty safe to say Pitts is going to go #4. 

I don’t know about that. ATL’s not losing games because a lack of big targets. Just paid Hurst too. A trade up yea maybe... 

but it definitely means teams will be challenged to pick from him/chase/Sewell. I think all 3 likely go between 5-7

Now I'm just saying this for the sake of a good conspiracy theory and I find it hard to believe myself

But footballguy said a few weeks ago joe douglas was very interested in Pitts and Waddel

The 49ers gave up a boat load of future picks for MACK JONES....that really is hard to believe, they must know something

Sam Darnold is still on the roster and we have heard every reason under the sun why he is still on the roster but at the end of the day he should really have been traded by now.

Perhaps...maybe..is there a chance the jets are drafting Pitts at #2 and the 49ers are getting Wilson.

The answer is NO, but......?

1 minute ago, adobolo2 said:

Now I'm just saying this for the sake of a good conspiracy theory and I find it hard to believe myself

But footballguy said a few weeks ago joe douglas was very interested in Pitts and Waddel

The 49ers gave up a boat load of future picks for MACK JONES....that really is hard to believe, they must know something

Sam Darnold is still on the roster and we have heard every reason under the sun why he is still on the roster but at the end of the day he should really have been traded by now.

Perhaps...maybe..is there a chance the jets are drafting Pitts at #2 and the 49ers are getting Wilson.

You’re not alone. I had similar musings. There’s gotta be a spin we’re not privy to on why the hell SF sold the farm for #3

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I trade 23, a 3rd and a 1 next year to come up and get this guy to pair with Zach Wilson.  If miami takes chase at 6, we should get on the phones and move up to get Pitts.

With that rationale, do you move up to get Chase if Miami takes Pitts? Just curious. I'm in the camp that believes that if the Jets don't trade down from #2 they need to hold on to all of their picks (if not add more) so I would not be looking to move up, despite Pitts being a great weapon. #23, a 3rd and a 1st rounder is A LOT for one player. For a team that still has so many holes and is still quite a ways away from contention. Zaven Collins, Teven Jenkins or Marshall Jr. could be there at #23- those are the players I would target. Pitts is tempting but I would be really happy with any one of those 3, especially since we get to keep our 3rd and 1st next year. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You’re not alone. I had similar musings. There’s gotta be a spin we’re not privy to on why the hell SF sold the farm for #3

Would they tell the 49ers to give them a head start on wilson, hardly.

I don't see Pitts passing the Falcons so if the jets ever did want him it would have to be at #2.

Imagine the carnage on this message board, twitter and the daily newspapers if Rodger Goddell said on the 29th "with the second pick of the 2021 nfl draft the New York Jets select Kyle Pitts, florida"

• Haha 1

Not to be a wet blanket, but pretty soon these eye popping numbers aren't so eye popping numbers. 

Pitts is a crazy good athlete.  Just incredible.  Practically unfathomable level compared to even 10 years ago at the position.

But compared to like skilled defenders, is he really a huge anomoly ?  Look at Parsons and Jamin Davis pro day numbers at LB.  They are similar height/weight ratios and putting up similar testing numbers.  

That's not to say Pitts isn't supremely talented.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, football guy said:

I think it’s pretty safe to say Pitts is going to go #4. 

I want Pitts a Jet!

This is why I wanted to drop down to 3 and pick up picks and Pitts!

This guy is going to be special, absent injury, and I truly believe that we have a coaching staff for once that is truly thinking complimentary football and have an offensive staff that knows what it is doing!

I just don't want the Fins to get this guy!!!

27 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Would they tell the 49ers to give them a head start on wilson, hardly.

I don't see Pitts passing the Falcons so if the jets ever did want him it would have to be at #2.

Imagine the carnage on this message board, twitter and the daily newspapers if Rodger Goddell said on the 29th "with the second pick of the 2021 nfl draft the New York Jets select Kyle Pitts, florida"

Not if they Jets swap picks with the 49ers for player and picks! :) 

27 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Not to be a wet blanket, but pretty soon these eye popping numbers aren't so eye popping numbers. 

Pitts is a crazy good athlete.  Just incredible.  Practically unfathomable level compared to even 10 years ago at the position.

But compared to like skilled defenders, is he really a huge anomoly ?  Look at Parsons and Jamin Davis pro day numbers at LB.  They are similar height/weight ratios and putting up similar testing numbers.  

That's not to say Pitts isn't supremely talented.

Agreed.   I mention this from time to time about kids I see being recruited out of high school and just how big and fast they are when step foot on campus as true freshmen.   Then we see them 3 years later and they are even bigger and faster.   

53 minutes ago, PepPep said:

With that rationale, do you move up to get Chase if Miami takes Pitts? Just curious. I'm in the camp that believes that if the Jets don't trade down from #2 they need to hold on to all of their picks (if not add more) so I would not be looking to move up, despite Pitts being a great weapon. #23, a 3rd and a 1st rounder is A LOT for one player. For a team that still has so many holes and is still quite a ways away from contention. Zaven Collins, Teven Jenkins or Marshall Jr. could be there at #23- those are the players I would target. Pitts is tempting but I would be really happy with any one of those 3, especially since we get to keep our 3rd and 1st next year. 

I wouldnt because I think their are a bunch of good wideouts in this draft and we could get a guy like bateman at 23.  

And then in the 3rd, we could get a tight end like Tommy Tremble from notre dame.

Just now, adobolo2 said:

Don't get me excited ?????

I really think that this might happen and no I don't have any "inside sources". :) 

First the 49ers do not play roll the dice, and they have moved up to the 3rd pick as we all know, just look up Lynch's record as GM. 

To me the 49ers don't make that move unless they have a plan to get "their QB" in Zach Wilson. Fields or Lance Jones and so on don't fit the bill.  Lance could be the pick but I think that he is the fall back position if the Jets don't deal for Wilson.

Second, it was extremely odd and quite frankly inexplicable when it was reported that the 49ers didn't reach out to the Jets concerning the Number 2 pick!

Hmmmmmmm ------Odd yes, but totally explainable, if the 49ers and the Jets had a prior understanding that the Jets would discuss a trade with the 49ers,if and when, the 49ers moved up into the top ten in the draft. hence there was nothing for the Jets and the 49ers to discuss until they moved up until Number 3.

The 49ers now know that they can swap with the Jets by giving the Jets in addition to the 3rd pick, unsigned MLB Fred Warner!

Warner who is OUTSTANDING would be worth more than a Number 1 IMO in the draft because Warner is a young player at a position of need, regardless what happens with CJ Mosely ------ who be included in a trade with San Fran.  The 49ers could then throw in a 2nd or a 3rd somewhere

Thus the trade down does two key things it immediately strengthens the offense and defense and affords the Jets a chance to strengthen the team across the board.  Of course this is all predicated on the Jets not believing that Darnold doesn't stink.

15 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I really think that this might happen and no I don't have any "inside sources". :) 

First the 49ers do not play roll the dice, and they have moved up to the 3rd pick as we all know, just look up Lynch's record as GM. 

To me the 49ers don't make that move unless they have a plan to get "their QB" in Zach Wilson. Fields or Lance Jones and so on don't fit the bill.  Lance could be the pick but I think that he is the fall back position if the Jets don't deal for Wilson.

Second, it was extremely odd and quite frankly inexplicable when it was reported that the 49ers didn't reach out to the Jets concerning the Number 2 pick!

Hmmmmmmm ------Odd yes, but totally explainable, if the 49ers and the Jets had a prior understanding that the Jets would discuss a trade with the 49ers,if and when, the 49ers moved up into the top ten in the draft. hence there was nothing for the Jets and the 49ers to discuss until they moved up until Number 3.

The 49ers now know that they can swap with the Jets by giving the Jets in addition to the 3rd pick, unsigned MLB Fred Warner!

Warner who is OUTSTANDING would be worth more than a Number 1 IMO in the draft because Warner is a young player at a position of need, regardless what happens with CJ Mosely ------ who be included in a trade with San Fran.  The 49ers could then throw in a 2nd or a 3rd somewhere

Thus the trade down does two key things it immediately strengthens the offense and defense and affords the Jets a chance to strengthen the team across the board.  Of course this is all predicated on the Jets not believing that Darnold doesn't stink.

What if— (we keep hearing SF isn’t done moving)

SF gets #2 

JETS get 2nd round pick (#11)and Garappollo (and Hurd ;)) 

• Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

It's not out of the equation, I seen someone mention it before.

Warner would definitely be a better option for me than @Paradis proposal of Jimmy G but each to their own.

This trade would be the opposite of the Eagles trade for Wentz, they made the trade up with miami to move from 13 to 8 for players a month out from the draft and then made the big trade with the Browns to move up to #2 the week of the draft.

I Have written off the idea of a Panters trade up as it's more than I think they will be willing to pay when their is a chance a Jones/fields/lance will be still on the board around their pick.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

It's not out of the equation, I seen someone mention it before.

Warner would definitely be a better option for me than @Paradis proposal of Jimmy G but each to their own.

This trade would be the opposite of the Eagles trade for Wentz, they made the trade up with miami to move from 13 to 8 for players a month out from the draft and then made the big trade with the Browns to move up to #2 the week of the draft.

I Have written off the idea of a Panters trade up as it's more than I think they will be willing to pay when their is a chance a Jones/fields/lance will be still on the board around their pick.

Until Sam is moved, I think we have to at least acknowledge theres a chance Douglas is playing chess right now. 

As crazy as it sounds - SF flipping picks with NYJ after Zach’s medical is LESS insane than trading 3 first round picks for M Jones. 

...SF still has their 2nd rnd pick. 

• Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Until Sam is moved, I think we have to at least acknowledge theres a chance Douglas is playing chess right now. 

As crazy as it sounds - SF flipping picks with NYJ after Zach’s medical is LESS insane than trading 3 first round picks for M Jones. 

...SF still has their 2nd rnd pick. 

But why not just wait to make the trade with the Jets after his medical? They were afraid the Miami deal wouldn’t be there?

2 hours ago, Cbucco19 said:

You don’t think falcons take Lance ? I hear they love him 

I think the Falcons need to weigh taking potentially one of the most lethal pass-catching threats in NFL history and pairing him with Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and Calvin Ridley for 2-4 years vs. taking the fourth QB and potential QB replacement to Matt Ryan who will sit on the bench for 1-2 years...

Matt Ryan has seen his play decline, but he's going to be 36 without having taken many big hits or sustaining serious injuries. Going to play in a similar scheme that he won an MVP in and has 3 years left on his contract. Adding a Tony Gonzalez-like pass-catcher to paid with Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley? Could see a Tom Brady-like resurgence out of him.

As far as his age: some immobile QBs who lost a step but were starters through age 39 or beyond: Drew Brees (retired at 42), Brett Favre (retired at 41), Peyton Manning (retired at 40), Ben Roethlisberger (39), Philip Rivers (retired at 39). Oh, and the reason why I left out Tom Brady because he hasn't lost a step... 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I don’t know about that. ATL’s not losing games because a lack of big targets. Just paid Hurst too. A trade up yea maybe... 

but it definitely means teams will be challenged to pick from him/chase/Sewell. I think all 3 likely go between 5-7

Totally get this, but at the same time, if Atlanta were looking to draft a player for the sole reason to fill holes, they'd draft a defender considering how bad their defense is. If they're taking the best overall player it will be Pitts. If they're prepping for life after Matt Ryan they may pigeonhole themselves into taking a QB. I think the wide-zone OL and offensive scheme will help with protection issues, and I think they will have to build out their defense through the rest of the draft. But Pitts in that offense would put the league on notice.  

2 hours ago, adobolo2 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the Jets give Pitts one of the highest grades they've ever given out for a positional player. They all love him. I don't think they would ever take him (or any non-QB/DE/LT for that matter) at #2 though.

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

I want Pitts a Jet!

This is why I wanted to drop down to 3 and pick up picks and Pitts!

This guy is going to be special, absent injury, and I truly believe that we have a coaching staff for once that is truly thinking complimentary football and have an offensive staff that knows what it is doing!

I just don't want the Fins to get this guy!!!

I've been on this train, but I'm simply not the type to engage in fantasy. The thought was that if a good trade offer came from the Panthers, you move down then move back up to #6 if Pitts is there OR you try to package Darnold and picks to move up and still land Pitts. After teams got a chance to confirm their evaluations on Wilson, confirm their evaluations on Pitts, AND watch the 49ers establish a price to move up into the top 3... just seems like a pipe dream. Pitts ain't making it out of the top 6. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Wit said:

But why not just wait to make the trade with the Jets after his medical? They were afraid the Miami deal wouldn’t be there?

Because Jets (theoretically) don’t want to go back more than a spot or two. Let’s say for the sake of discussion they’re comfortable rolling with Sam and taking Pitts if they can slide back a couple spots and get a 2nd. They would have just told SF - call me when you’re at #3... it would also explain the mysterious “we never talked to the Jets... we swear!”

JD’s mentality could be “there’s no way I’m not coming away from this draft without a QB and/or Pitts

@football guy

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Because Jets (theoretically) don’t want to go back more than a spot or two. Let’s say for the sake of discussion they’re comfortable rolling with Sam and taking Pitts if they can slide back a couple spots and get a 2nd. They would have just told SF - call me when you’re at #3... it would also explain the mysterious “we never talked to the Jets... we swear!”

JD’s mentality could be “there’s no way I’m not coming away from this draft without a QB and/or Pitts

@football guy

Are you quoting FB guy as a hope that this theory may be floated to the front office through the hot chick he sometimes has sex with? I’m totally down with that btw.