The end of the world poll

It's the end of the world poll   

56 members have voted

1. 1. The Jets finally make it back to the superbowl....but the end of the world happens at kickoff. Do you die happy or pissed off ?

• Happy : I can die happy because my beloved team made it back to the bowl, & that's good enough for me.
    • Pissed off : I invested so much time & energy in my beloved team, and now I can't even see how the game ends.

The most Jetsy thing that would probably happen. The jets finally make it back to the superbowl,  & of course just at kickoff a giant meteorite crashes into earth & destroys everything. Would you die happy or pissed off? I don't know if this has been done or not already,  just trying for something hopefully new. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What an odd poll.

I think I'd be most pissed at the whole "impending painful horrible death of myself and all I love" part more than I'd be worried about the Jets game, but yeah, I'd be mad in some small place in my mind over the terrific irony of it all, sure.

If the end of the world comes, I'm out getting f-ed up, getting laid, going full on hedonistic roller coaster. Probably try some stuff I've avoided my whole life. Spend some time with some loved ones. Enjoy a sunset, that kinda thing. This atrocity in Gotham Green would be the furthest thing from my mind. Might be nice to spend the last moments before impact on short, easy par 4 with a good glass of scotch and a huge spliff. Maybe some Astronomy Domine in the background. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

What an odd poll.
I think I'd be most pissed at the whole "impending painful horrible death of myself and all I love" part more than I'd be worried about the Jets game, but yeah, I'd be mad in some small place in my mind over the terrific irony of it all, sure.
This happens after the zombie apocalypse, and we're already numb from losing loved ones already. I should've put that detail in the poll lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What an odd poll.

If the world ended at kickoff of the Super Bowl, it sounds like it was pretty quick and painless for everyone. 

The entire premise though is absurd. Scientifically, we know for a fact that the planet will some day end. 100% certainty. The sun doesn't burn in its current state forever. The Jets being in the Super Bowl before that happens, however is still very much in doubt. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Really wouldn't matter.  As the second the Jets won the game putting them in the SB, I'd suffer a catastrophic stroke landing me in a coma doctors would call a "medical first" for it's intensity as well as cruelty for not killing me.  Yet, two minutes before kickoff and the end of days apocalypse, I become a medical marvel as I come out of the coma completely back to my normal self.  J-E-T-S....

1 hour ago, Suffering since 77 said:

The most Jetsy thing that would probably happen. The jets finally make it back to the superbowl,  & of course just at kickoff a giant meteorite crashes into earth & destroys everything. Would you die happy or pissed off? I don't know if this has been done or not already,  just trying for something hopefully new. 

I think thenJets would be the last thing on my mind and I would be very pissed off about dying like that. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

What an odd poll.

are you even a real jets fan then? lol 

Disclaimer: I find nothing funny about the end of the world, death, and the zombie apocalypse. ( This was a failed attempt at humor, if people found it offensive. ) I was discussing this idea with coworkers, and found out the majority of them said they would die happy. Granted it was about college football ( And many of them actually got to witness their teams win national championships already, so they didn't care.) I thought I'd just ask cause I was curious. But in my stupid poll scenario, I meant for the end to come with no warning & be quick & painless. ( I'm morbid, sorry) But on the bright side, after the zombie apocalypse superbowl tickets were dirt cheap.

Sent from my SM-G930V using JetNation.com mobile app

There are so many possible answers.

1. We stick at two and pick Wilson and he busts 

2. we trade down and jags pick Wilson so we lose Lawrence, and whomever we trade down to pick also busts 

3. We stay at two and pick  Lawrence and HE busts

4. we trade down and pick Sewell or Pitts or Chase, and they don’t bust but they tend to get little annoying injuries and never fulfill their potential, so it’s a prolonged bust.

5. Whichever QB NE gets is amazing.

6. Miami pick (pitts, chase, full in blank) kills us year after year. 

Edit: oh shoot I should have read the actual OP. Ooops

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Suffering since 77 said:

No, the most Jetsy thing would be the game starts and the Jets dominate. Then, with a huge lead and less that 30 seconds to go, the asteroid hits.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Suffering since 77 said:

yeah and to add insult to injury its a Giant meteorite.

• Haha 2