Pro Day observation of Pitts

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is what a blue chip prospect looks like  wherever he goes, 99 out of a 100 the team will get a player of value  but these QBs, all of em, even TL, are more like coinflips 

Sounds great... Problem is he can't catch it if the QB can't get the ball to him...

hypothetically, lets say he ends up being Travis Kelce. Now pretend Travis Kelce is on the chicago bears. That doesnt move the needle for me personally.

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, MysticalJet2 said:

Pitts will be a beast in the NFL... no doubt a nightmare to cover.  Other than all the amazing physical traits (speed, height, wingspan, etc.), one thing I notice immediately is how soft his hands are.  Most the other receivers you can hear the ball slap when they catch it.  Pitts absorbs the pass with little effort. This is a huge advantage when transitioning from catching to running.  There is no double grasp or bouncing of the ball in his hands.  I would not be upset at all if the Jets took him.

Most natural receiving tight end I’ve watched at the college level.

So many of the guys who go early are athletic freaks who really aren’t great pass catchers. He’s something else.

If the Jets somehow come away with him and a quarterback I’m not sure I’ll care what they did to accomplish that.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, MysticalJet2 said:

Pitts will be a beast in the NFL... no doubt a nightmare to cover.  Other than all the amazing physical traits (speed, height, wingspan, etc.), one thing I notice immediately is how soft his hands are.  Most the other receivers you can hear the ball slap when they catch it.  Pitts absorbs the pass with little effort. This is a huge advantage when transitioning from catching to running.  There is no double grasp or bouncing of the ball in his hands.  I would not be upset at all if the Jets took him.

probley kyle pitts hes a quick hard he can make thos tuff catches

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
Just now, CanadaSteve said:

Having talent like Pitts, and Davis, and Mims, and Cole, and another running back could move the needle enough to make a decent QB prospect into a good one.

Patrick Mahomes looked very Darnold-ish when he didn't have time to make his magic happen.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

this is what a blue chip prospect looks like 

wherever he goes, 99 out of a 100 the team will get a player of value 

but these QBs, all of em, even TL, are more like coinflips 

True. 

It's just sad the the QB position is just sooo much more important. 

• Upvote 2
hypothetically, lets say he ends up being Travis Kelce.
Now pretend Travis Kelce is on the chicago bears.
That doesnt move the needle for me personally.
Kelce moved the needle before mahomes was in the nfl and before the chiefs were a great team. No single player carries a team to superbowl wins but a guy like that certainly makes things easier for a mediocre veteran qb or a young qb trying to make a name for himself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

True. 

It's just sad the the QB position is just sooo much more important. 

the ice cream is the most important part of the ice cream sundae 

it still needs a bowl or a cone or something to like support it or whatever 

otherwise you're just eating ice cream off the floor 

25 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Having talent like Pitts, and Davis, and Mims, and Cole, and another running back could move the needle enough to make a decent QB prospect into a good one.

Patrick Mahomes looked very Darnold-ish when he didn't have time to make his magic happen.

it all comes down to JD's evaluation of Darnold. I personally think the jets can win with Darnold, and would love to draft Chase or Sewell, however thats a decisions hat needs to be made by people smarter than us. if we are sticking with Darnold then i am fine with Pitts (although drafting a TE in the top 5 is cringy for all jets fans and with good reason).

• Upvote 4
7 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

it all comes down to JD's evaluation of Darnold. I personally think the jets can win with Darnold, and would love to draft Chase or Sewell, however thats a decisions hat needs to be made by people smarter than us. if we are sticking with Darnold then i am fine with Pitts (although drafting a TE in the top 5 is cringy for all jets fans and with good reason).

Yes we are all scarred for life!

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Cool story bro.

can pitts play qb?

i am in the majority that we should take a qb.....but if for some stupid reason we roll with sam pitts is the guy.  he is not a traditonal TE. he lines up on the outside alot and his measurables are comparable to megatron.  the dude did not drop a pass this year. think about that.  its not like he had lawerence or fields throwing to him either and played against the sec

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Can we stop the narrative that he looked like Darnold in the SB.

Mahomes had about three or four passes while falling down and from crazy angles that were super  human that his WR’s dropped that could have been TD’s or big plays..

Nothing about it resembled Darnold except for sub par stats and a loss 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

Can we stop the narrative that he looked like Darnold in the SB.

Mahomes had about three or four passes while falling down and from crazy angles that were super  human that his WR’s dropped that could have been TD’s or big plays..

Nothing about it resembled Darnold except for sub par stats and a loss 

and he still threw for 270 yards.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I like how u glossed over the fudge

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Cool story bro.

can pitts play qb?

Can Zach Wilson stay healthy in the nfl or play well against Coastal Carolina?

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

It's an unfortunate fact about the NFL.  Sorry guy, but it is...

You need a QB to win - when you don't have one you have to take one.  

So Trevor Lawrence is dropping to 2?

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Or out of the container 

3 minutes ago, Viermoo said:

There has never been a great TE that has led his team to a Super Bowl title. Almost every year a great QB does. If the Jets were stupid enough to take Pitts at 2 I might actually give up on this team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Travis Kelce and Rob Gronkowski say hi

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Couldn't agree more. For me, what makes it worse is watching the amount of blue chip talent that is continually passed on while you keep flipping that coin with little success (for us anyway). Not only are you, once again, going for that coin flip in the top 3 picks, you've got no other talent to speak of at other positions. 

... And then subsequently blame the failings of the last coin flip on the fact that we have no talent around him😓. Sh*ts exhausting

• Upvote 2