WOA PRO DAY THIS GUYS IS A STUD EASY PICK FOR JETS (hint its sam)

Fools gold...the guy in the video never came close to transferring his pro day to the PROS.  A blind person if they're honest would tell you that...enough with the excuses why.  Sometimes, you have to take the bull by the horns and step up...even a couple of times and he never did.

so good he fell to number 3. the giants with a over the hill manning sis nor pixk him.  i loved that we moved up to get him but and i cant believe i am saying this the browns and the giants had the wherewithal to not take him. and the colts traded the pick. hindsight is 20/20 like i said i wanted darnold but hes toast in ny

The Jets ruined him with their poor scheme and piss poor offensive line. Not saying he would be a top 5 QB but he should be a top 15 QB in this league and he’s no where near that. He needs to start from scratch somewhere else. If the Jets don’t improve to O Line Wilson will struggle also. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

The mistake wasn’t drafting Sam.  The mistake was how Sam was handled.  He was as raw as any of the other prospects in that class and the Jets (Mike Maccagnan in particular) did everything that they could possibly do to ensure that they were going to squander that raw talent. 

That being said, it’s time to move on.  The GM and Head Coach in place didn’t draft him.  He’s due for a new contract soon.  He’s put up three years of bad tape so even if he were to turn it around this year, there’s no way you can guarantee that he will remain that guy when you go into contract negotiations.  The fanbase hates him and will boo him off the field the first time the offense goes three and out or he turns the ball over.  His mechanics have regressed.  His mental processing has regressed.  His footwork has regressed.  He has developed nasty habits and there’s no guarantee that he can fix those habits.

Its best for everyone that he’s traded.

History is repeating itself right now though. The Jets are going to throw a rookie QB into one of the worst offenses in the NFL in 2020 with the only upgrade being Davis and Coleman. The offensive line is still bad. If they don't take a serious approach to the draft and take a couple of interior offensive lineman in the first 3 rounds whoever is playing QB next year is in a lot of trouble. To this point JD has failed in fixing this offense and especially the offensive line. I hope it gets addressed bc I want JD to succeed. 

• Upvote 1

I still haven’t seen anyone on the draft a QB side (Wilson or Fields) say take the QB just based off the pro day. Seems like it’s just a last ditch effort from the Darnold guys. 

Jet fans already know first hand a pro day doesn’t mean a successful career. You just posted the example. Sam’s tape stinks for 3 years 

It's like that scene in the original Die Hard when Carl Winslow is talking about how he shot that kid who had a ray-gun "it looked real enough" and how they can teach you everything but how to live with a mistake.

Yea, that kid is Sam Darnold, the ray-gun was his value as a prospect and Carl Winslow is the Jets organization.

The Jets might be able to redeem themselves in the long-run by shooting the giant crazed German terrorist/thief outside of Nakatomi plaza right before the credits roll, but that kid with the ray-gun is long dead. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

The Jets ruined him with their poor scheme and piss poor offensive line. Not saying he would be a top 5 QB but he should be a top 15 QB in this league and he’s no where near that. He needs to start from scratch somewhere else. If the Jets don’t improve to O Line Wilson will struggle also. 

yeah fresh start somewhere with a new HC, new coaching staff really, that's what he could use. Maybe somewhere with a new and health staff and to oversea his physical prowess. IF would be great if he could go somewhere with a couple decent WRs to help him too. I wonder where he could find that good fit!

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

The mistake wasn’t drafting Sam.  The mistake was how Sam was handled.  He was as raw as any of the other prospects in that class and the Jets (Mike Maccagnan in particular) did everything that they could possibly do to ensure that they were going to squander that raw talent. 

That being said, it’s time to move on.  The GM and Head Coach in place didn’t draft him.  He’s due for a new contract soon.  He’s put up three years of bad tape so even if he were to turn it around this year, there’s no way you can guarantee that he will remain that guy when you go into contract negotiations.  The fanbase hates him and will boo him off the field the first time the offense goes three and out or he turns the ball over.  His mechanics have regressed.  His mental processing has regressed.  His footwork has regressed.  He has developed nasty habits and there’s no guarantee that he can fix those habits.

Its best for everyone that he’s traded.

you may be right, but I dont think so. Has he really regressed? Seems to me he hasn't progressed except for maybe being more elusive out of neccesity. He makes rookie mistakes sure but that is all fixable stuff our new coaching staff should have no problem helping wiht. I mean damn just having better WR on the field fixes most issues...and we have already done that. 

What we do with pick two will show us what Joe thinks, for the record at this point it is a win win for all of us fans beceause at the end of the day no matter which QB take the reign this year they are going to have a much easier time than Sam did in his firrst three year.

5 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

It's like that scene in the original Die Hard when Carl Winslow is talking about how he shot that kid who had a ray-gun "it looked real enough" and how they can teach you everything but how to live with a mistake.

Yea, that kid is Sam Darnold, the ray-gun was his value as a prospect and Carl Winslow is the Jets organization.

The Jets might be able to redeem themselves in the long-run by shooting the giant crazed German terrorist/thief outside of Nakatomi plaza right before the credits roll, but that kid with the ray-gun is long dead. 

props on the die hard ref. Legit

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

I still haven’t seen anyone on the draft a QB side (Wilson or Fields) say take the QB just based off the pro day. Seems like it’s just a last ditch effort from the Darnold guys. 

Jet fans already know first hand a pro day doesn’t mean a successful career. You just posted the example. Sam’s tape stinks for 3 years 

After the Jets beat the Rams, I don’t recall anyone saying it’s ok losing out on Lawrence, Jets can take Wilson or Fields. No big deal.  

People needed to be talked off ledges. 

17 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

yeah fresh start somewhere with a new HC, new coaching staff really, that's what he could use. Maybe somewhere with a new and health staff and to oversea his physical prowess. IF would be great if he could go somewhere with a couple decent WRs to help him too. I wonder where he could find that good fit!

you may be right, but I dont think so. Has he really regressed? Seems to me he hasn't progressed except for maybe being more elusive out of neccesity. He makes rookie mistakes sure but that is all fixable stuff our new coaching staff should have no problem helping wiht. I mean damn just having better WR on the field fixes most issues...and we have already done that. 

What we do with pick two will show us what Joe thinks, for the record at this point it is a win win for all of us fans beceause at the end of the day no matter which QB take the reign this year they are going to have a much easier time than Sam did in his firrst three year.

He’s regressed heavily.  I did a breakdown of it in another thread a couple of months ago.  He doesn’t see wide open receivers, he doesn’t keep his eyes downfield, he gets fooled by simple coverages, etc. 

Also, it’s definitely not a win-win.  Especially from a fan, who wants a drafted QB, perspective.  I’m certainly not going to be happy with Sam Darnold as the opening day starter.  The likelihood that Sam fixes these issues, especially here, are slim to none given the history of QBs doing the same.  If Joe Douglas passes on a QB in favor of Sam, I’ll bet a good chunk of money he won’t be our GM in two years, maybe less depending on how the guys he passed on do, and he’ll have no one to blame but himself.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, choon328 said:

History is repeating itself right now though. The Jets are going to throw a rookie QB into one of the worst offenses in the NFL in 2020 with the only upgrade being Davis and Coleman. The offensive line is still bad. If they don't take a serious approach to the draft and take a couple of interior offensive lineman in the first 3 rounds whoever is playing QB next year is in a lot of trouble. To this point JD has failed in fixing this offense and especially the offensive line. I hope it gets addressed bc I want JD to succeed. 

The offense situation is not nearly as bad as 2018-2019, the year Sam was drafted.  The talent already on this team is, hopefully, going to be improved by a change in coaching and scheme and there are plenty of draft picks to use to bolster it.

Davis - Mims - Crowder is a significant upgrade from Enunwa - Anderson - Kearse.

• Upvote 1