WOA PRO DAY THIS GUYS IS A STUD EASY PICK FOR JETS (hint its sam)

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Tell me again how we have to draft a guy

Seems like you didnt watch both because Sam's is good but Fields is better and Wilson is in an entire different category. Sam has good arm strength but it does not sniff Wilson, not the ease and smoothness. Wilson is a better prospect than Sam by a good margin.

• Upvote 1

Browns GM and ownership hung out with Sam's parents and were front and center at Sam's pro day. Sam wore an orange tie to the draft. The Browns (aka poops) selected undersized, big mouthed Baker. The Browns stink and they ducked Sam even after being such a big deal at his pro day. We got stunned when they passed on him and ran to the podium to take him despite him being a turnover machine. Sam was never the guy. Sam sucks. Wilson had 3 turnovers this season, 2 of which some say aren't even on him. In closing, we need a new QB. Sam is not the one.

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Seems like you didnt watch both because Sam's is good but Fields is better and Wilson is in an entire different category. Sam has good arm strength but it does not sniff Wilson, not the ease and smoothness. Wilson is a better prospect than Sam by a good margin.

What??!! So you think Sam is the worst pro day of all three? Crazy

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The offense situation is not nearly as bad as 2018-2019, the year Sam was drafted.  The talent already on this team is, hopefully, going to be improved by a change in coaching and scheme and there are plenty of draft picks to use to bolster it.

Davis - Mims - Crowder is a significant upgrade from Enunwa - Anderson - Kearse.

Davis mims cole crowder

7 hours ago, TeddEY said:

There's a major difference to keep in mind here.  First, that Wilson graded out higher than Darnold.  Second, we're not using 4 high picks on Wilson, we're using one.  We have another 1st rounder and a high second rounder.  The following year, we'll have two 1sts again.

We have the ability to support Wilson in a way we didn't with Darnold, because we don't have to trade that ability to get him.

This is why trading down makes zero point zero sense. Good post.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, choon328 said:

History is repeating itself right now though. The Jets are going to throw a rookie QB into one of the worst offenses in the NFL in 2020 with the only upgrade being Davis and Coleman. The offensive line is still bad. If they don't take a serious approach to the draft and take a couple of interior offensive lineman in the first 3 rounds whoever is playing QB next year is in a lot of trouble. To this point JD has failed in fixing this offense and especially the offensive line. I hope it gets addressed bc I want JD to succeed. 

Totally agree. Totally. JD drafted Becton with his 1st rounder last year. He's tried to patch the line up in his 2 years as GM. It was improvement to the 2019 turnstile OL but obviously needs to be bolstered and JD, I believe, will look at the OL in this draft. There's tons of good OL prospects in this draft.  With the way FA panned out, the Jets were able to secure a WR in Davis and an edge in Lawson. That's 2 positions they don't need to focus on with 23, 34, 66.  The top WR's Waddle, Smith, Pitts will be gone.  Perhaps an edge is possible but we signed Lawson so I look for JD to address the OL and CB with those three picks. CB is a MUST and there are some good ones to be had @ 23.  Wait any longer than that at CB and the talent level drops off.  The OL is much deeper which is why I'd take 2 OL @ 34, 66.  These are the higher rated OL in the draft RT, C and G. There's just an abundance of talent here to pick from that could step right in to strengthen this porous OL.

Rd 1  Slater, Tucker, Rd 2 Leatherwood, Mayfield, Cosmi, Carman, Eichenberg, Jenkins, Humphrey, Wyatt Davis, Dickerson,  Rd 3 Hill, Brown, Trey Smith, Myers, Meinerz, 

dl.gif

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I think this was one of those, "if it ain't broke," type situations, but hey, you do you!

We'll see.

If we do take Wilson at 2 and jettison Darnold, I'm pretty sure we'll be back talking the same subject but with Zachy being the scapegoat.

13 minutes ago, peebag said:

We'll see.

If we do take Wilson at 2 and jettison Darnold, I'm pretty sure we'll be back talking the same subject but with Zachy being the scapegoat.

So, what's the alternative?  Should we never move on from a QB because maybe they'll get better and maybe the next one won't be good?

And, no one is "scapegoating" Darnold.  No one thinks that the Jets are a good football team with a bad QB.  They think that they're a bad football team would a bad QB.  The people who are "scapegoating" are the ones doing mental gymnastics as to why the bad QB is bad.  It's literally everyone else's fault that the guy who was bad for 3 years in the NFL and his last year in college is bad, even though he's been bad for the exact same reasons all along.

Also, you do realize that what you're post suggests with Wilson is actually what fans do with coaches, right?  "If we do keep Darnold, I'm pretty sure we'll be back talking the same subject but with Saleh being the scapegoat."

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The offense situation is not nearly as bad as 2018-2019, the year Sam was drafted.  The talent already on this team is, hopefully, going to be improved by a change in coaching and scheme and there are plenty of draft picks to use to bolster it.

Davis - Mims - Crowder is a significant upgrade from Enunwa - Anderson - Kearse.

Crowder is going to be June 1st Ed 

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

So, what's the alternative?  Should we never move on from a QB because maybe they'll get better and maybe the next one won't be good?

And, no one is "scapegoating" Darnold.  No one thinks that the Jets are a good football team with a bad QB.  They think that they're a bad football team would a bad QB.  The people who are "scapegoating" are the ones doing mental gymnastics as to why the bad QB is bad.  It's literally everyone else's fault that the guy who was bad for 3 years in the NFL and his last year in college is bad, even though he's been bad for the exact same reasons all along.

Also, you do realize that what you're post suggests with Wilson is actually what fans do with coaches, right?  "If we do keep Darnold, I'm pretty sure we'll be back talking the same subject but with Saleh being the scapegoat."

?!!?? lol. talk about mental gymnastics

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

?!!?? lol. talk about mental gymnastics

Which part are you struggling to understand?  The part where I suggest that we have to move on from a bad player, even if we can't be certain that his replacement will be good?  The part where I suggest that the bad player is bad, even if the team is also bad?  Or, the part where I suggest that we as a fanbase routinely blame coaching for the fact that the bad players are bad?

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Which part are you struggling to understand?  The part where I suggest that we have to move on from a bad player, even if we can't be certain that his replacement will be good?  The part where I suggest that the bad player is bad, even if the team is also bad?  Or, the part where I suggest that we as a fanbase routinely blame coaching for the fact that the bad players are bad?

Even Kotite made the playoffs with a  good Eagles team..

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

lol no struggle but you anti sam is showing...

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Even Kotite made the playoffs with a  good Eagles team..

The guy who's widely considered the greatest coach of all time went 7-9 this year, stating, “We sold out and won three Super Bowls, played in a fourth, and played in an AFC Championship Game.  This year we have less to work with. It’s not an excuse. It’s just the facts.” while his former QB won the Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lol no struggle but you anti sam is showing...

Is it bias to say that the guy who's statistics, both standard and advanced, over the last 3 years rank him as the worst starter in the league over that time period is, in fact, the worst starter in the league?

You're right in a sense though, I am very "anti-Sam."  It's because I'm "pro-Jets."  And, having the guy who's statistics, both standard and advanced, over the last 3 years rank him as the worst starter in the league over that time period is, as I understand it, bad for the Jets.  And because I want the Jet to succeed, well........

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

The alternative would have been to go 0-16 and take a true generational QB.  But since the Jets screwed that scenario up and everyone thinks Wilson or Fields are that much better than Darnold, we'll take another QB without surrounding them without a decent supporting cast , again.

I've seen this before, it's called the history of the New York Jets.

1 minute ago, peebag said:

The alternative would have been to go 0-16 and take a true generational QB.  But since the Jets screwed that scenario up and everyone thinks Wilson or Fields are that much better than Darnold, we'll take another QB without surrounding them without a decent supporting cast , again.

I've seen this before, it's called the history of the New York Jets.

Why is the bold a given?

Last year we drafted Becton and Mims.  We added a quality NFL caliber WR in free agency.  We also have the 23rd and 34th pick in this draft, and two 1st round picks next year.

Yes, of course, we can **** it up.  If Joe Douglas sucks none of this matters.  But, with Wilson, we're not using 4 premium picks for him - we're using 1.  That's an enormous difference in ability to surround him with talent.

PS, I think Lawrence is wildly overrated.

19 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The mistake wasn’t drafting Sam.  The mistake was how Sam was handled.  He was as raw as any of the other prospects in that class and the Jets (Mike Maccagnan in particular) did everything that they could possibly do to ensure that they were going to squander that raw talent. 

That being said, it’s time to move on.  The GM and Head Coach in place didn’t draft him.  He’s due for a new contract soon.  He’s put up three years of bad tape so even if he were to turn it around this year, there’s no way you can guarantee that he will remain that guy when you go into contract negotiations.  The fanbase hates him and will boo him off the field the first time the offense goes three and out or he turns the ball over.  His mechanics have regressed.  His mental processing has regressed.  His footwork has regressed.  He has developed nasty habits and there’s no guarantee that he can fix those habits.

Its best for everyone that he’s traded.

Very well said.  You take two dogs from the same litter.  Lets call one Josh Allen and one Sam Darnold in this example.  You place one in a safe and loving home.   That dog feels safe and secure.  You feed him. and walk him and train him.  He turns into an all-time great dog for 15+ years.  The other dog get placed in an abusive home.  He is left out to wander and forage for food.  He is screamed out and physically beaten to the pojnt if you go to pet him he flinches.   That dog is damaged beyond repair.  You can try to rehabilitate him or even move it to another home but it will never recover fully.  That's what our Jets did.  I hope when they trade him for a 4th round pick they acknowledge their culpability in his failure and vow they will try to make sure it never happens again because it was truly sad to watch.