All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

4 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Maybe all the Fields supporters should go argue with the multiple teams that would take him behind Wilson, and perhaps Mac Jones

If Fields doesn’t go 1,2, or 3 it’s a travesty. Just because I like Wilson doesn’t mean that Fields isn’t just as good. I legitimately think it’s a wash and there is no wrong choice. 

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

It's a fortune 500 company 

the Jets draft Wilson they make money through sponsorships on the backend

Justin Fields and Trey Lance don't offer Woody the same upside 

The difference in value to Woody from Wilson over Fields or any other QB is de minimus, nil, nada, a rounding error.

You can think he sucks but any other narrative is bogus.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

If Fields doesn’t go 1,2, or 3 it’s a travesty. Just because I like Wilson doesn’t mean that Fields isn’t just as good. I legitimately think it’s a wash and there is no wrong choice. 

Fair.  Some media people think Lance is going ahead of him

4 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Fair.  Some media people think Lance is going ahead of him

Which is mind blowing. Not that Lance isn’t a beautiful ball of talent but Fields has produced and has just as many tools and way more experience. 

Just not on the Fields/ Wilson spectrum

55 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You besides Wilson’s accuracy at all levels of the field? The lack of turnovers even though he plays a vertical passing game. 

Lets say you discard all statistical evidence. Watch a game and watch how a big part of his game is being methodical rather than flashy. San Diego State in 2020, he misses a dagger route on the first drive of the game because he locks onto the deep post. Next drive he hits the shallow in on the same play that he initially failed on and throws a touchdown. 

He isn’t just flashy plays, he’s consistent and doesn’t throw many interceptable balls. His competition wasn’t good enough to blitz him consistently but he was good against the blitz in terms of throwing the ball away or finding check downs. UCF tried to blitz him to beat him and he hit the shallow guy until they stopped. 

You're talking to a wall.  There's nothing you can say to many of these people at this point.

One of the three things is happening..

1) They haven't actually watched any film of the kid and only listened to non-sense about competition or size or many of the other disproven points - after watching him his talent and skill-set is undeniable.

2) They didn't watch film early - have now - are are in too deep to go against their original opinion - so are doubling down and the non sensical points 

3) They're trolls

Whichever one it is - I truly feel bad for these people.  It's sad at this point

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jdub03 said:

Has any analyst reviewed what opposing defences were doing schematically against BYU in 2020 and done a video or write up? I'd be interested in seeing how complex the level of defences ZW played against as opposed to what other prospects faced in the Power5. 

Well, there are certainly videos of high school defenses you can use as a reference 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

There was a OSU QB that had 4831 yds passing 50 tds and 8 picks with 70% completions in his last year before the draft.. He was a 1st rd pick and today he's fighting to be a backup on the Steelers.. One never knows what you have till they do it in the Pro's.. 2 QB's thought to be the GOAT were 3rd and 6th rd picks.. 

• Upvote 1

Let’s say the Jets draft the guy you don’t want. Wilson if you’re a Fields guy, Fields if you’re a Wilson guy. 

My question for everyone is this: are you going to stomp your feet and relentlessly bash the guy if it isn’t the one you want? Are you going to make the board unbearable next season if the dude struggles a bit?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

There was a OSU QB that had 4831 yds passing 50 tds and 8 picks with 70% completions in his last year before the draft.. He was a 1st rd pick and today he's fighting to be a backup on the Steelers.. One never knows what you have till they do it in the Pro's.. 2 QB's thought to be the GOAT were 3rd and 6th rd picks.. 

So? We’re talking about trait projection and performance evaluation. Good quarterback prospects should be drafted early regardless of where Tom Brady was drafted. 

Haskins and Fields have very little in common when you watch them play. Fields has performed at a level that merits going very early in this draft, if he busts thats fine he still was worth the pick because right now, without knowing what the future holds, he is a fairly safe prospect.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, legler82 said:

Whenever a Wilson supporter gives me a stat I have to ask if it’s just for the 2020 season or his career.  Many of you act like he went to college for one year only.  So is that stat you are citing for 2020 or his entire college career.  I put more value on the latter than former.

I'm not a Wilson supporter, I'm a Jets fan so I really don't have a dog in this hunt.  That doesn't seem rational to me.  The reason we're moving on from Darnold is not because he was decent in his rookie year but because last year he sucked.  All the QB's are about to go play with professionals who are fully developed men.  They are all going to have to progress in order to play at the NFL level.  Development and learning isn't linear.  The last piece of work over the entire seeson showed a big progression for Zach.   

I really don't think GM's are looking for consistency at the college level.  I think they're looking for guys who can make a big progression quickly.   Consistency at the college level might even suggest that they will wash out at the NFL level.   

The one takeaway I get from Zach is his attitude and work ethic.  He seems hyper committed to succeeding at the next level.  Everyone says they are but I think he has actually put in the work and it shows up on tape.  

As someone loosely following both threads, can I see if I have this right? 

We have an "all things Zach Wilson" thread where Wilson supporters say good stuff about him and Field's guys counters with why Fields is better......and we have a "get in here for Fields" thread where Fields' guys post good stuff about him and Wilson supporters counter with evidence as to why Wilson is better? 

Like, is there really  a point in having two separate threads that have evolved into the same back and forth arguments? 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Drums said:

Let’s say the Jets draft the guy you don’t want. Wilson if you’re a Fields guy, Fields if you’re a Wilson guy. 

My question for everyone is this: are you going to stomp your feet and relentlessly bash the guy if it isn’t the one you want? Are you going to make the board unbearable next season if the dude struggles a bit?

I'll do the same thing I did with the last two  QB's I didn't want the    Jets to draft, Darnold and Sanchez.  If they take Fields, I'll be annoyed for a day or two, then convince myself that the Jets' GM knows more then I do, and watch Wilson win a  a few rings with the 9'ers.

Same ole, same ole 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Drums said:

I won't I root for every QB we have ever had that was a starter..

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

As someone loosely following both threads, can I see if I have this right? 

We have an "all things Zach Wilson" thread where Wilson supporters say good stuff about him and Field's guys counters with why Fields is better......and we have a "get in here for Fields" thread where Fields' guys post good stuff about him and Wilson supporters counter with evidence as to why Wilson is better? 

Like, is there really  a point in having two separate threads that have evolved into the same back and forth arguments? 

And I’m in both arguing the merits of both quarterbacks. What a world!

Also yes to your question from the other thread. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

this 

Add another angle - the jaded Darnold truthers.

Imo this worst case scenario you pointed out is inevitable 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

You're talking to a wall.  There's nothing you can say to many of these people at this point.

1) They haven't actually watched any film of the kid and only listened to non-sense about competition or size or many of the other disproven points - after watching him his talent and skill-set is undeniable.

2) They didn't watch film early - have now - are are in too deep to go against their original opinion - so are doubling down and the non sensical points 

3) They're trolls

Whichever one it is - I truly feel bad for these people.  It's sad at this point

Or they simply disagree with you.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

This place is going to be ugly for while. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

I will root with everything I have for whichever QB we pick. I will be way more excited on draft night if we take Wilson

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Drums said:

No, but if/when Fields is tearing up the league expect some I told you so’s.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

This place is going to be ugly for while. 

Yep, this place is unreadable at the moment. Everyone has made up their minds at this stage, so it's just the stuff getting regurgitated over and over. And likely to get worse on draft night. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

You besides Wilson’s accuracy at all levels of the field? The lack of turnovers even though he plays a vertical passing game. 

Lets say you discard all statistical evidence. Watch a game and watch how a big part of his game is being methodical rather than flashy. San Diego State in 2020, he misses a dagger route on the first drive of the game because he locks onto the deep post. Next drive he hits the shallow in on the same play that he initially failed on and throws a touchdown. 

He isn’t just flashy plays, he’s consistent and doesn’t throw many interceptable balls. His competition wasn’t good enough to blitz him consistently but he was good against the blitz in terms of throwing the ball away or finding check downs. UCF tried to blitz him to beat him and he hit the shallow guy until they stopped. 

His competition was a collection of landscaping company owners and fry cooks.

3 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Maybe all the Fields supporters should go argue with the multiple teams that would take him behind Wilson, and perhaps Mac Jones

Maybe. Except there’s nowhere to do that because the Nancy Kerrigan coalition takes over every conversation.

Im not even supporting Fields. Simply pointing out that this fap-fest projecting a DIII QB to NFL greatness is a lot but overblown. Temper expectations.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

3) They're trolls

Tell me more about all the “film” youve watched.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

This.