All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

33 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The Anti-Zaxer’s ™️ will ignore anything that blemishes their narrative. 

Yeah he played weaker competition than the Power 5 QBs but he also played with lesser talent around him. 

And he does have wins and impressive showings against Power 5 schools. 

But....but....he wears a headband!!

LEGAL NOTICE: I have filed trademark protection with the US Patent and Trademark Office for the Anti-Zaxer and related trademark and trade names. Use of this mark without my express written consent will require payment of beer. To me. Or wine, but only Italian reds. Or French if it’s Chateau Neuf de Pape. 

?????  Nicely done! 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/21/business-or-football-trevor-lawrence-victim-of-circumstance-career-earnings

This SI story discusses the millions lost by Trevor Lawrence due to his timing coming out now. As far as initial contract goes it seems the same could be said for Zack Wilson at number two overall. I think his 4 year rookie contract I’ll be based on the lower salary cap of this year.  Are we going to get him even more discounted for 4 years? ? 

46 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The Anti-Zaxer’s ™️ will ignore anything that blemishes their narrative. 

Yeah he played weaker competition than the Power 5 QBs but he also played with lesser talent around him. 

And he does have wins and impressive showings against Power 5 schools. 

But....but....he wears a headband!!

LEGAL NOTICE: I have filed trademark protection with the US Patent and Trademark Office for the Anti-Zaxer and related trademark and trade names. Use of this mark without my express written consent will require payment of beer. To me. Or wine, but only Italian reds. Or French if it’s Chateau Neuf de Pape. 

Well done 

Bruce Feldman of the Athletic in the past month has spoken to 2 dozen NFL coaches and scouts talked to coaches about the QBs in this draft.  Here are what 3 coaches had to say about Zach.  

QB Coach 2: I definitely have concerns about the level of competition. This guy goes from just being a guy in 2019, and now all of a sudden he’s being talked about as a top-5 pick? It happens, but he’s not playing against an SEC defensive front or a Pac-12 or Big 12 front. A lot of his throws are space throws. You don’t see him in a tight pocket a lot of times, and our league is a tight-pocket league. He’s not the biggest guy, but he has an arm — he can really rip it. I love the talent but there’s a lot of risk there to me.

QB Coach 3: Some of the stuff he does is jaw-dropping. You’re watching him and going, ‘Don’t throw it! Don’t throw it!’ But then he does and makes the play. He’s crazy on the field with his decisions. He has that snap release; he’s really accurate, especially making those off-balance throws. It’s like he can just flick it 55-60 yards.

QB Coach 1: The good with Zach Wilson is really good, but the bad can be really, really bad. And when he goes to a bad team like the Jets and he’s trying to win games, those are big concerns. To me he’s kinda like Patrick Mahomes coming out of college. People think now about Mahomes as the Super Bowl-winning quarterback and how great he is now, but coming out of Texas Tech, he was not this surefire guy. He was uber-talented arm-wise, and he does a lot of stuff that is really sexy now, but he threw a lot of bad picks, and his decision-making, I thought, was really inconsistent. With Wilson, you see a lot of, ‘Why would you even try that?’ When he gets to the NFL he’s got to retool his game, and you’re gonna have to let him learn what he can throw and can’t throw, but unlike Mahomes, Zach won’t have Andy Reid to coach him and a year behind Alex Smith to learn from. 

I could see Zach being a Pro Bowl QB quickly like (Justin) Herbert or I could see him being like Drew Lock. If I had to bet money, I’d bet it doesn’t work out for him with the Jets. Zach playing right away in that market with his play style — woof — that’d make me really nervous. And unlike Trey (Lance) and Justin (Fields), at least they’re 6-4, 230 and can run. So if he starts sh*tting the bed, we can get out of the game running the ball like Josh Allen did as a rookie in Buffalo.

I expected him to be Drew Lock-ish (in his interview); I did not get that vibe. He was great; smart. He knows we’re not gonna take him and he could’ve been a total dick and that it probably wouldn’t have hurt him, but he wasn’t. He knew his offense; we put on bad clips and he took ownership, all of that.

11 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Bruce Feldman of the Athletic in the past month has spoken to 2 dozen NFL coaches and scouts talked to coaches about the QBs in this draft.  Here are what 3 coaches had to say about Zach.  

QB Coach 2: I definitely have concerns about the level of competition. This guy goes from just being a guy in 2019, and now all of a sudden he’s being talked about as a top-5 pick? It happens, but he’s not playing against an SEC defensive front or a Pac-12 or Big 12 front. A lot of his throws are space throws. You don’t see him in a tight pocket a lot of times, and our league is a tight-pocket league. He’s not the biggest guy, but he has an arm — he can really rip it. I love the talent but there’s a lot of risk there to me.

QB Coach 3: Some of the stuff he does is jaw-dropping. You’re watching him and going, ‘Don’t throw it! Don’t throw it!’ But then he does and makes the play. He’s crazy on the field with his decisions. He has that snap release; he’s really accurate, especially making those off-balance throws. It’s like he can just flick it 55-60 yards.

QB Coach 1: The good with Zach Wilson is really good, but the bad can be really, really bad. And when he goes to a bad team like the Jets and he’s trying to win games, those are big concerns. To me he’s kinda like Patrick Mahomes coming out of college. People think now about Mahomes as the Super Bowl-winning quarterback and how great he is now, but coming out of Texas Tech, he was not this surefire guy. He was uber-talented arm-wise, and he does a lot of stuff that is really sexy now, but he threw a lot of bad picks, and his decision-making, I thought, was really inconsistent. With Wilson, you see a lot of, ‘Why would you even try that?’ When he gets to the NFL he’s got to retool his game, and you’re gonna have to let him learn what he can throw and can’t throw, but unlike Mahomes, Zach won’t have Andy Reid to coach him and a year behind Alex Smith to learn from. 

I could see Zach being a Pro Bowl QB quickly like (Justin) Herbert or I could see him being like Drew Lock. If I had to bet money, I’d bet it doesn’t work out for him with the Jets. Zach playing right away in that market with his play style — woof — that’d make me really nervous. And unlike Trey (Lance) and Justin (Fields), at least they’re 6-4, 230 and can run. So if he starts sh*tting the bed, we can get out of the game running the ball like Josh Allen did as a rookie in Buffalo.

I expected him to be Drew Lock-ish (in his interview); I did not get that vibe. He was great; smart. He knows we’re not gonna take him and he could’ve been a total dick and that it probably wouldn’t have hurt him, but he wasn’t. He knew his offense; we put on bad clips and he took ownership, all of that.

Mostly fair comments, namely because the Jets deserve all the sh*t they get.. but are they not suppose to try and get better?

Only comment I really question is the comment from coach #2. Zach had a really good freshman season and his sophomore year was plagued with injuries. He got healthy and thats why took off his junior year.

3 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Mostly fair comments, namely because the Jets deserve all the sh*t they get.. but are they not suppose to try and get better?

Only comment I really question is the comment from coach #2. Zach had a really good freshman season and his sophomore year was plagued with injuries. He got healthy and thats why took off his junior year.

Not a fan of the “don’t throw it” throws.  We’ve had a lot of those in our history, too many.

2 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Not a fan of the “don’t throw it” throws.  We’ve had a lot of those in our history, too many.

what makes you think he'll make throwns he can't make? He had 3 INT last season. He played to his opponent. It's no fair to knock him for successful plays.

14 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Lol it’s a tight pocket league. 
QB coach 2 sounds like he has no reason to watch Wilson’s film and they just then showed him YouTube clips. 

20 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Watching the Kirk Herbstreit QB special on Zach. 

I see on his jersey above and to the side of his number just under the shoulder is a letter “C”. 

Can someone tell me what that stands for? 

He was captain from the 2nd game on.  In the first week he was voted to the team leader group.

There is just a group of people out to get him without the truth.

Until anyone of them can tell me why they don't like his skill-set and talent - I can't take any of them seriously.  His talent is what matters, everything else is just noise.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He was captain from the 2nd game on.  In the first week he was voted to the team leader group.

There is just a group of people out to get him without the truth.

Until anyone of them can tell me why they don't like his skill-set and talent - I can't take any of them seriously.  His talent is what matters, everything else is just noise.

Oh. I heard he wasn’t a captain. 

So folks are just propagating a false narrative. 

Surprised, didn’t think JN was like that. 

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Oh. I heard he wasn’t a captain. 

So folks are just propagating a false narrative. 

Surprised, didn’t think JN was like that. 

Yeah, you can go to their second game of the season against Troy.

He clearly has the "C" on his jersey..4:48 mark, you can't miss it.  It's just so sad people that claim to be fans of this team hate our future QB - so much so that they have make things up to dislike him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, you can go to their second game of the season against Troy.

He clearly has the "C" on his jersey..4:48 mark, you can't miss it.  It's just so sad people that claim to be fans of this team hate our future QB - so much so that they have make things up to dislike him.

I was kidding. I know he was a captain. 

49 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

I’m starting to take these comments from the media as the Jets should never draft a QB again and hope a franchise QB magically appears on their roster through osmosis one day.

47 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

what makes you think he'll make throwns he can't make? He had 3 INT last season. He played to his opponent. It's no fair to knock him for successful plays.

Have you ever expressed a concern about Wilson about anything?