All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED

AFJF

23 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

How do you get that from this?

Wilson has been linked to the Jets for months. He never talks about the Jets coaches or franchise. He either doesn’t want to tip his hand that he knows he’s gonna be a Jet or he’s hoping to avoid it.

• Haha 1

Conspiracy theory: maybe ZW has told the Jets he doesn't want to play for them, and Jets and SF worked on a deal, but only if SF could get up to 3. I doubt it, but also wouldn't be surprised, lol.  Didn't his dad have negative comments on the Jets a few months back? Dads are a major influence on their kids, see the Mannings.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Wilson has been linked to the Jets for months. He never talks about the Jets coaches or franchise. He either doesn’t want to tip his hand that he knows he’s gonna be a Jet or he’s hoping to avoid it.

Isn’t that usually at the direction of the agent? How often does TL speak about Jacksonville?

• Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

? You see Trevor Lawrence talking about the Jags all the time? 

• Sympathy 4

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

? You see Trevor Lawrence talking about the Jags all the time? 

Yeah but Lawrence doesn’t talk about any team. And he acknowledged the New York connection when we were the front runners for him. Wilson talks about the 49ers and “the best landing spot for me”. 

4 minutes ago, Jdub03 said:

Conspiracy theory: maybe ZW has told the Jets he doesn't want to play for them, and Jets and SF worked on a deal, but only if SF could get up to 3. I doubt it, but also wouldn't be surprised, lol.  Didn't his dad have negative comments on the Jets a few months back? Dads are a major influence on their kids, see the Mannings.

NY Jets get Fields SF gets Wilson anything is possible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I have 5 children, changed diapers for almost a decade! I know baby sh*t soft when I see it. Draft Fields, kids a linebacker bruiser playing QB. Maybe not quite as accurate, but I remember when that was the knock on Josh Allen, just surround the kid with talent like the Bills did.  We should have a coaching staff that can develop rather that destroy a young QB now, Fields is the pick or trade down a bit to get some picks to get a QB next year and possibly draft your boy, I think he will be available between 5-7, maybe 8,9. Wilson is a NY disaster waiting to happen. 

Darnold played linebacker, no?

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Wilson fans have no numbers to back it up but they assure us, he's not soft 

just easy on the eyes 

Simms likes him, good enough  for me.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

I have 5 children, changed diapers for almost a decade! I know baby sh*t soft when I see it. Draft Fields, kids a linebacker bruiser playing QB. Maybe not quite as accurate, but I remember when that was the knock on Josh Allen, just surround the kid with talent like the Bills did.  We should have a coaching staff that can develop rather that destroy a young QB now, Fields is the pick or trade down a bit to get some picks to get a QB next year and possibly draft your boy, I think he will be available between 5-7, maybe 8,9. Wilson is a NY disaster waiting to happen. 
Lol I'd prefer Fields too but I don't know if I'm ready to say the kid is soft. He is growing on me.....still not my first choice but I can live with it.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Justin Bieber concert, eh?

6 minutes ago, celtasnake said:

And was listening to Biebers new album before throwing.

That´s it, im officially on the Justin Fields wagon.

10:56 - 12:36 were so cringey. Had to punch myself in the d1ck to snap out of it. 

• Haha 3

No player says they want to go to a specific team. Every year it's the same line..."I'll be glad to go wherever I'm picked. I'm a good fit for all the systems"

I.e. I don't want to put my foot in my mouth. The kid is well coached, nothing more, nothing less.

• Upvote 3

If we drafted Sam this year with this staff I fully believe we would have had a different outcome. Sam’s fried, he needs to sit a year behind a vet and get his legs back  under him. 
He'd still see ghosts...he's a lb that had an amazing run to the rose bowl and rode that to being a 1 rd pick. Doubt seriously it have turned out any other way despite the Gase effect. Sam is who he always was turnover prone, cannot read a defense presnap to save his life. He's a good kid but...5 years on the bench won't change who he is...no more than the last 4 did.

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Pass. Let him go to San Francisco. He seems soft to me. Draft Fields, big strong talented kid, like the damn terminator in that Clemson game. I’m hoping that’s the reason why San Fran came  up, Saleh tipped them he’s taking Fields. Just say no to Zach, Zach is whack !

So is Cam..

7 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

He'd still see ghosts...he's a lb that had an amazing run to the rose bowl and rode that to being a 1 rd pick. Doubt seriously it have turned out any other way despite the Gase effect. Sam is who he always was turnover prone, cannot read a defense presnap to save his life. He's a good kid but...5 years on the bench won't change who he is...no more than the last 4 did.

I agree but at the same time he showed promise his first year. He got worse so makes sense in a better situation he should get better. Maybe not great or even good but better than he is now. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Honestly,  if I just heard the audio and you edited out all the BYU stuff, I would think it was Darnold.

Similar guys off the field.  Say all the right things, respectful, well coached media guys.

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If this is the type of hard hitting analysis I’ve gotta listen to for 29 more days, I might be better off just lurking.

Yeah if you ask him direct questions he’ll answer. And yet he somehow managed to skirt away from the question in this most recent clip. Just give us a little bit of confidence in the staff most likely to hire you.