Jump to content

All Page 1 Zach Wilson Threads: MERGED


Recommended Posts

I agree but at the same time he showed promise his first year. He got worse so makes sense in a better situation he should get better. Maybe not great or even good but better than he is now. 
Maybe...but "better than he is now" is a REALLY low bar. We need to raise the expectations around here a bit.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Instead of explaining why we shouldn’t trade down ... I’ll just leave this here . U guys will like this @Mogglez @football guy 

Because this thread isn’t the only place where it happens. Post a film review?  It’s a race to see how quickly it can be derailed by children who are upset that the Jets might not get them their

Just say you paid for Matt Waldman’s RSP and be done with it.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

He does seem aware that Jets fans are loons.

Which is awesome in my opinion. If he succeeds he'd have a devoted cult willing to offer up their daughters and wives to gratify his immediate needs. He'd have Tyler Durden type clout with Jets fans. I would imagine both of those things have a strong appeal to a Mormon. Not gonna lie they appeal to me too. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

So which part of his turnovers were due to the lineman? The interceptions or the fumble?

Why is it always someone else's fault when Sammy makes mistakes? This kid gets a golden pass on everything

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.
 

He had 31 tds to 9 interceptions in 2017. That's a very good ratio. When he didn't have JuJu and played behind an in inexperienced o-line, his turnovers went way up. Coincidence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
So which part of his turnovers were due to the lineman? The interceptions or the fumble?

Why is it always someone else's fault when Sammy makes mistakes? This kid gets a golden pass on everything

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Junior year in college- Juju left, online left...not Sammy's fault he looked bad and had a lot of turnovers.

1st year- mumbles was the coach and he had no playmakers, bad oline....not Sammy's fault if he looked bad and threw interceptions.

2nd and 3rd year- Gase era, no playmakers, bad oline, not Sammy's fault that he looked bad.

What's the 2 common themes? Sammy looked bad and it's NOT HIS FAULT.

Just let it go peeps, Sammy didn't live up to your expectations. The Suck for Sam plan was a failure and the media has convinced you that it's all the Jets fault because they love hating on the Jets and you are so used to hearing how inept your team is you are drinking the juice and it fits the narrative.

How about he....just....sucks?



Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
He had 31 tds to 9 interceptions in 2017. That's a very good ratio. When he didn't have JuJu and played behind an in inexperienced o-line, his turnovers went way up. Coincidence.
No coincidence...there was a lot more film on him after that first year no? Juju is not a make or break player for a qb...or at least he shouldn't be.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
He had 31 tds to 9 interceptions in 2017. That's a very good ratio. When he didn't have JuJu and played behind an in inexperienced o-line, his turnovers went way up. Coincidence.
No offense but there are a lot of college qb's that look good in college but suck in the NFL.

He is no different no matter what the media reports. The bust rate for qb's being high isn't a coincidence.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

No offense but there are a lot of college qb's that look good in college but suck in the NFL.

He is no different no matter what the media reports. The bust rate for qb's being high isn't a coincidence.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.
 

Based on the talent level, and horrendous coaching the last two years, it is way premature to call him a bust. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Yeah but Lawrence doesn’t talk about any team. And he acknowledged the New York connection when we were the front runners for him. Wilson talks about the 49ers and “the best landing spot for me”. 

Okwhen did he actually say this. Normally don't bother to watchvideos,but with all the negative comments I started watching.   Only got through the first 5:30.    But I heard him talk About my and sf in about the same light. Super excited to turn whatever team he ends up with around. Did he say something specific later or is this just jets fans being jets fans whining that he didn't say he is super excited to play for perhaps the worst team of thelast decade?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Based on the talent level, and horrendous coaching the last two years, it is way premature to call him a bust. 
Well.....you have a point if you were a believer.

I never thought he was gonna workout and haven't seen much that has changed my mind. Gase or no Gase.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pajet said:

Okwhen did he actually say this. Normally don't bother to watchvideos,but with all the negative comments I started watching.   Only got through the first 5:30.    But I heard him talk About my and sf in about the same light. Super excited to turn whatever team he ends up with around. Did he say something specific later or is this just jets fans being jets fans whining that he didn't say he is super excited to play for perhaps the worst team of thelast decade?

Its from all the other of these interviews he’s been doing. He’s spoken about Jacksonville and San Fran at length. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Well.....you have a point if you were a believer.

I never thought he was gonna workout and haven't seen much that has changed my mind. Gase or no Gase.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.
 

It would be nice to find out. Or would have been nice, depending on what we do at #2.

Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of they day I'll take him at his word that he'll play for whomever drafts him. However, of the top four team in the draft I bet the Jets are last on his wish list.  We haven't exactly been the model franchise in developing QBs.  My hope is this new leadership group changes that perception and ZW or whomever we select is setup to succeed.  I believe they will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Its from all the other of these interviews he’s been doing. He’s spoken about Jacksonville and San Fran at length. 

OK....whiny jets fans being whiney jets fans.....got it...thanks for the clarification.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Yes and I said this before, if this regime drafted Sam I think things could have went better. 

True Sam had no continuity in the offense with constant change every year and then got Gase to finish him off..

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

He had to gain 10 pounds to appear heavy enough to be an NFL QB. Then strained a hammy trying to run with 10 extra pounds. Soft!!!! 

The hamstring excuse was just so he avoid the 40 and other agility drills. But he has assured us that he would have run 4.4x.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jdub03 said:

I know this is tongue in cheek, at least I hope it is. 

Yes, of course.

I was simply responding to a poster that said virtually the same thing about Wilson - but was dead serious.

Like he can tell the kids toughness from listening to him on an interview and because he had kids.

It really is just silly.

I'm really not sure why - but a lot of fans on this site seem to really dislike Zach Wilson - to a very strange degree - not in a normal way at all.  It's really weird.    

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

He's so tough he gained ten pounds to look bigger and pulled his hamstring trying to run. Or he's so tough he faked the hamstring because he was afraid to run ten pounds heavier. You know who quit his first school too? Big Ben that's who. Eli Manning is a southern boy as well and he did just fine in the big apple, I'll be ok with Fields bringing us two championships, that's plenty tough for me. 

Stop it.

Zach Wilson is a good prospect.   You can make sh*t up about him all you want, or claim you know he's weak because you changed diapers for a decade...or agree with any other nonsense that gets spewed about him.

None of that is going to change the fact that

1) He's a very good NFL QB prospect (by almost any measurement)

2) The Jets are going to draft him at #2 overall

Does it mean he'll be a great QB? of course not - but the skill-set is there, now he just has develop it...

Wouldn't you rather be excited that we have a kid with so much talent coming here and hoping he succeeds than finding a multitude of silly reasons to dislike him?

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, of course.

I was simply responding to a poster that said virtually the same thing about Wilson - but was dead serious.

Like he can tell the kids toughness from listening to him on an interview and because he had kids.

It really is just silly.

I'm really not sure why - but a lot of fans on this site seem to really dislike Zach Wilson - to a very strange degree - not in a normal way at all.  It's really weird.    

They like him for equally disturbing reasons.

No different than any other like/dislike debate. Silly to imply otherwise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop it.

Zach Wilson is a good prospect.   You can make sh*t up about him all you want, or claim you know he's weak because you changed diapers for a decade...or agree with any other nonsense that gets spewed about him.

None of that is going to change the fact that

1) He's a very good NFL QB prospect (by almost any measurement)

2) The Jets are going to draft him at #2 overall

Does it mean he'll be a great QB? of course not - but the skill-set is there, now he just has develop it...

Wouldn't you rather be excited that we have a kid with so much talent coming here and hoping he succeeds than finding a multitude of silly reasons to dislike him?

 

Always love the “presenting my opinions as facts” counter argument.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop it.

Zach Wilson is a good prospect.   You can make sh*t up about him all you want, or claim you know he's weak because you changed diapers for a decade...or agree with any other nonsense that gets spewed about him.

None of that is going to change the fact that

1) He's a very good NFL QB prospect (by almost any measurement)

2) The Jets are going to draft him at #2 overall

Does it mean he'll be a great QB? of course not - but the skill-set is there, now he just has develop it...

Wouldn't you rather be excited that we have a kid with so much talent coming here and hoping he succeeds than finding a multitude of silly reasons to dislike him?

 

Crusher only says that because his kids are Wilsons size when they are 3 or 4 years old..B)

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

When the Jets beat the Rams everyone was freaking out because Jax then had the #1 ie Lawrence. Then everyone was looking at the Jax-Chicago game as a chance for Jax to win their 2nd game. 

Maybe I’m wrong but I do not remember many, if any, saying no biggie if Jets end up with #2 pick Jet can just take Z.Wilson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2021 at 11:05 PM, kdels62 said:

Jonah let up 3 sacks all year and it was the guard that got beat on the play where he got injured. 

Jonah played in only 7 games skippy

 

hes an injury prone scrub like Zach Wilson.  Thank God we passed on him for Quinnen Williams

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

When the Jets beat the Rams everyone was freaking out because Jax then had the #1 ie Lawrence. Then everyone was looking at the Jax-Chicago game as a chance for Jax to win their 2nd game. 

Maybe I’m wrong but I do not remember many, if any, saying no biggie if Jets end up with #2 pick Jet can just take Z.Wilson. 

Your right, but we like to convince ourselves that it’s ok. Jets fans always talk up clearly the second option. It’s all we have look at our history..

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop it.

Zach Wilson is a good prospect.   You can make sh*t up about him all you want, or claim you know he's weak because you changed diapers for a decade...or agree with any other nonsense that gets spewed about him.

None of that is going to change the fact that

1) He's a very good NFL QB prospect (by almost any measurement)

2) The Jets are going to draft him at #2 overall

Does it mean he'll be a great QB? of course not - but the skill-set is there, now he just has develop it...

Wouldn't you rather be excited that we have a kid with so much talent coming here and hoping he succeeds than finding a multitude of silly reasons to dislike him?

 

If we draft him I will root for him as hard as anyone.  But, until then, he's soft and I prefer Fields. I'm a fan, by definition I'm not rational. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Zach Wilson said that the best scheme fit for him would be a 49ers type of offense on January 6th, 2021. Just a week later after Zach Wilson's statement, Joe Douglas hires Robert Saleh to be the Head Coach for the New York Jets and brought over Mike LaFleur to be the offensive coordinator. Zach Wilson will be a New York Jet on April 29th 2021. Can't wait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nACJqgB7ydI

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interviewer: “Zach when you see you're picture on the back of New York City tabloids, what goes through your mind?”

 

Zach: *smiles* “fans overreacting already, I already know it’s going to be crazy” 

Either he’s aware that he’s a Jet in a month or he knows that us Jet fans are batsh*t crazy 🤔 - I’m thinking both 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is JetNation’s version of “One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest.”

I’m surprised no one has considered that Wilson skipped his agility drills because he’s actually an alien from outer space. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...